News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Another charger 500 thread

Started by jwilk01, December 08, 2005, 03:54:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69_500

So is the list of the A/C and SE 500 something that you came up with Dave?

I have been trying to do that on my own now for the past 8 years. I haven't got quite the time put into it as you have over the years though. I think I have info on 160 or so 500's.

PocketThunder

Quote from: hemi68charger on December 26, 2005, 10:47:15 AM
Quote from: nascarxx29 on December 26, 2005, 09:43:35 AM
Some cars do get bought from junkyard.The green car is still out there getting restored I guess ,It was 210749 I think.Its shows as a known 500 on the list

Cool... I see my C500 in the list.........

I know there's one after mine, 234928 which is a T7/T5 426 hemi 4-speed in Jersey I believe..   His broadcast sheet was found in my car.....

Troy

Not me :-\  214385
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

nascarxx29

Ive seen that junkyard gold 500 with the white painted roof next to a silver 500.In upstate NY a while back .My friend has owned alot of 500s .and currently may still have 2 hemi 500s
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Highbanked Hauler

Is there a recent list of 500s??
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

PocketThunder

I think Danny (69 500) said he has 160 on his list..
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

69_500

Yeah I have right at 160 VIN's in my list, however on a lot of those cars that is all that I have is the VIN. ON about 70% of them, I have the VIN and an exterior, color and transmission. Others I have full fender tag info, full broadcast sheet info, and such. Some cars I have a broadcast sheet to, but haven't ever seen the car.

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69_500 on December 28, 2005, 09:28:10 PM
Yeah I have right at 160 VIN's in my list, however on a lot of those cars that is all that I have is the VIN. ON about 70% of them, I have the VIN and an exterior, color and transmission. Others I have full fender tag info, full broadcast sheet info, and such. Some cars I have a broadcast sheet to, but haven't ever seen the car.

Oh whowe is me... To be fortunate enough to find my long lost broadcast sheet for Dana........

T
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

69_500

You don't have the right broadcast sheet for Dana? Or you didn't to begin with, but you do now?

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69_500 on December 29, 2005, 05:09:25 PM
You don't have the right broadcast sheet for Dana? Or you didn't to begin with, but you do now?

Nope, I don't have mine.. According to the gent that restored the car in '85 and Mr. Govier, the broadcast sheet found in my car was that of the next sequential C500, a T7 tan 426 4speed version.. So, maybe Dana's original back seat is sitting in that T7 Hemi C500.. I believe it's not though. I remember chatting briefly with that owner a few years back and he didn't have one. Supposedly, the B.S found in my car was mailed off to Doug's father, the gentleman who started the Daytona-Superbird club back in the late 70's/early 80's......

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

69_500

I see, so Doug either has the buildsheet still or located the owner and passed it on, or Monroe passed it on to the owner before he passed away. John Pappas would be a better account for Monroe, as I didn't know him that well, but when he did talk to my dad when I was younger you always got the feeling he was a straightfoward and honest man.

So I'm positive that either the Daytona Superbird club still has the buildsheet, or the owner of the car has it, and that it didn't leave to go to anyone else's possession that wouldn't have proof they owned the car it belonged to.

Ghoste

Doesn't Govier have a big stash of 500 sheets as well?

69_500

Yeah I'm sure he has a stash of 500 broadcast sheets and such.

Ghoste

I know he would never release them but it is really too bad that all of those sheets couldn't be placed together in one central spot that would try and reunite them.  Either a Charger specific thing like this or the Chrysler museum.

Charger_Fan

So if someone comes to him with positive proof of owning a car matching one of his broadcast sheets...he won't give it to them, or even sell it to them?? That's really lame. :down:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Ghoste

Oh no, no, no.   Don't misunderstand me.   Yes, Galen very much does try to reunite sheets with cars and he does NOT charge for that.   My beef with Galen is that he is to be caretaker of all broadcast sheets from all cars.   Let's face it, who has a better handle on where the current 500 are and which ones have their correct sheets than one or two people on this site.
Galen cannot be everywhere and he does not specialize in the one car and there are some people who won't deal with him for whatever reason.   For the most part, he is probably the guy to look after them even if he does want to utilize the "free" service as a way to promote himself and thereby his "unfree" services.   Fair enough.   My point is that the 500's are a known issue especially regarding the broadcast sheets and in this instance, the hobby might be better served by him co-operating with others who whether he likes it or not, may know more about a specific niche of the hobby than he does.

Charger_Fan

Ok, thanks for setting me straight. I hear tales here & there about some of the things he does that aren't really cool for the average enthusiast to do...but to him, it's just fine & thought this might be another. :image_294343:
Quote from: Ghoste on December 31, 2005, 02:25:37 PM
My point is that the 500's are a known issue especially regarding the broadcast sheets and in this instance, the hobby might be better served by him co-operating with others who whether he likes it or not, may know more about a specific niche of the hobby than he does.
:iagree: Hopefully one day, he will see the wisdom in that & relax a little.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Ghoste

Well, it's his livelihod so I understand where his motivation comes from.  And he does do a lot of good for the hobby too.  I typically tend to be one of the people who rag on him but I'm in a good mood today.  (I do have Hemi Cuda broadcast sheet that I'll save for some other day)
Whatever else I or anyone might say about Galen, I do believe that he really loves these old Chryslers.

69_500

I think he definatley serves a purpose in this hobby. I personally wouldn't send an extra broadcast sheet to a Charger to him. I think you'd have better luck through this board, or even the Winged Warriors which is a the national B body association. That or even though people like Wayne Wooten, or Dave patik.

I have 2 broadcast sheets here for 500's that I've had for quite a while, and never even had a car close to them that needs a broadcast sheet. Then again I do know of a lot of 500's that don't have a broadcast sheet at all, or have the wrong ones too. On many of those nobody knows of the second car at all other than for that broadcast sheet.

Charger_Fan

Quote from: 69_500 on December 31, 2005, 11:52:17 PM

I have 2 broadcast sheets here for 500's that I've had for quite a while, and never even had a car close to them that needs a broadcast sheet. Then again I do know of a lot of 500's that don't have a broadcast sheet at all, or have the wrong ones too. On many of those nobody knows of the second car at all other than for that broadcast sheet.
I bet those sheets ended up in regular R/T's or XP Chargers (or some other B-bod) that went through the line for those few days/weeks, then. I can just see some Satellite guy pulling a sheet out of his rear seat that says "XX" on it & him scratching his head...."XX, wtf??" Then into the garbage it goes. :-[

Ghoste

Well the 500 sheets got messed up at Creative when they pulled the rear seats out to do the window plug.  When the seats were reinstalled, they naturally weren't checking for matching broadcast sheets, just that the seat was the correct color and material.

Highbanked Hauler

The one in my car is from a B5 blue with blue interior SE 500 so I am figuring that it and my car hit Creative at the same time and there is a fair chance that car has the sheet for mine.These cars were built early on.
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

69_500

Hmmm, so you have a sheet to a b5 blue 500 SE? Is it Gordon's car? I'm assuming it isn't because he had his car at Carlisle a few years ago, but I don't think his has blue interior, I think it has black.

funny how the cars got the wrong backseats and all, but many times when I hear of a car getting the wrong buildsheet it is for a car that has the same color exterior many times. Like the R6 HEMI buildsheet I have, was in another R6 red 500.

chargervert

My friend Al has that Blue 500,with the front fenders flared,and the Nascar style air dam on it! Its B5,with B5 interior! Maybe its his build sheet!

nascarxx29

Al B nice guy wrecked his 500 once .And fixed it right back up and started hitting the shows again with it.I tried to fix his non existing dashlights .At a charger registry meet years ago
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

69_500

Highbanked Hauler is Al Blake. Just so you guys know.