News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

seat covers for my daytona project?

Started by Howie, March 08, 2010, 10:37:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Howie

Trying to get my project ready so I can bring it down to branson. Does anyone know the best place to get new covers and foam for my daytona project seats?

Aero426

Are you going with stock seats, or something else?

pettybird

if you're looking stock stay as far away as possible from PUI.  I've never seen anything they made for mopar or gm that was even close. 

I hate the ridiculous wait times and stories from Legendary but they do make nice stuff.

twodko

Legendary Auto Upholstery........doesn't get much better. Check them out. Good luck

Tom
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

tan top

Quote from: twodko on March 08, 2010, 12:23:32 PM
Legendary Auto Upholstery........doesn't get much better. Check them out. Good luck

Tom

yep legendary !   :yesnod:   can be bought through yearone as well ! last time i checked  :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

moparstuart

Quote from: pettybird on March 08, 2010, 12:08:17 PM
if you're looking stock stay as far away as possible from PUI.  I've never seen anything they made for mopar or gm that was even close. 

I hate the ridiculous wait times and stories from Legendary but they do make nice stuff.
I totally agree the PUI stuff doesnt have the wires and supports inside the covers either , junk
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Howie

Dave Kanofsky

I have had quite unpleasant experiences with Legendary.
Never try to buy a rear seat cover set for a '67 Coronet 2 door post sedan.
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

hotrod98

A few years ago I bought a set of seat covers from Year One and they ended up sending me PUI. Worst seat covers I've ever seen. They were puckered everywhere.
I've been buying direct from Legendary mostly but recently bought Legendary stuff through Dante's. I just received a set of seat covers for my Superbird via Dante's. They look great. I can't wait to install them.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Mike DC

Legendary's 1969 Charger seats have had buttons that fall off for the last 15+ years.  Legendary will give you some excuse implying a temporary problem if you ask about it, but it's been going on as long as I've been aware of the company's products.  My suggestion is just don't install the buttons in the first place; they usually come in a little baggie along with the seatcovers. 

But PUI's seats are lower quality than Legendary's, I agree.  Legendary's seats are pretty good in most ways. 

Mopurr

I agree about the buttons......I would ask them to send you some extra vinyl and go to a local "good" upholstry shop and have them do the buttons

That is what I would do the next time.

Hope if you go with legendary it works out last interior that I helped with from them was a major pain.....it was for a friend's Barracuda.....Bench seat front bottom was not right and had to be reworked by the local Street Rod inteior guy and the side seams of the front seat backs split as they were being installed.....Ace Customs said that the vinyl was a cheap vinyl with little backing support.  When yearone sent the replacements for the damaged ones Ace Customs put them on and it wasn't me that was the problem.....of course I already knew that....lol.  They were splitting again and he had to repair them and didn't mess with contacting yearone about them again just wanted the seats done......but the next time I am near a Legendary setup they will get an ear full.

dreamcatcher

Who is PUI? :shruggy: I sure dont want to get mine from them!I have to do my seat getting ready for Branson as well.
1970 Superbird Tribute 440 auto
1968 Charger 426 6 pack auto
1971 Chevelle SS Tribute 350 4 speed
1970 Mustang 351 C 4 speed
1969 GTO 400 Ram air III 4 speed
1972 Charger (soon 5.7 hemi auto)
1973 Charger 440 auto (U code)
If you've never been scared (even a little) then you've never gone as fast as you could have!

DonC1

I have a set of used seat covers ( black ) in great shape front buckets only for one hundred clams.

dreamcatcher

Anyone here ever used the ones from Eparts4cars?Do you have pictures of them covers for sale? :popcrn:
If you've never been scared (even a little) then you've never gone as fast as you could have!

Dave Kanofsky

Quote from: Mopurr on March 08, 2010, 06:45:33 PM
the next time I am near a Legendary setup they will get an ear full.

I have given them that earful - they didn't care.
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

dreamcatcher

Has anyone used Dante or know whos covers they sell.I have had good luck with them ...but never used seat covers from them.

gtx6970

Quote from: dreamcatcher on March 09, 2010, 09:35:07 AM
Has anyone used Dante or know whos covers they sell.I have had good luck with them ...but never used seat covers from them.

Dante is the USA largest Legendary dealer , outside of legendary themselves

Mike DC

QuoteHope if you go with legendary it works out last interior that I helped with from them was a major pain.....it was for a friend's Barracuda.....Bench seat front bottom was not right and had to be reworked by the local Street Rod inteior guy and the side seams of the front seat backs split as they were being installed.....Ace Customs said that the vinyl was a cheap vinyl with little backing support.  When yearone sent the replacements for the damaged ones Ace Customs put them on and it wasn't me that was the problem.....of course I already knew that....lol.  They were splitting again and he had to repair them and didn't mess with contacting yearone about them again just wanted the seats done......but the next time I am near a Legendary setup they will get an ear full.

Are you sure it was a Legendary set of vinyl that was giving you so much trouble?  I ask because I know Year One has been shipping at least some PUI stuff lately. 

Legendary's stuff has historically been flimsier than the factory stuff but pretty good for repro parts in general.  Some GM/Phord guys I know have looked at Legendary's Mopar stuff and thought it was better than what they usually got for their cars.