News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My Dodge Charger '69 R/T 440cid

Started by Charger´69, March 10, 2010, 09:57:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LUMI

Quote from: Charger´69 on March 19, 2011, 05:22:12 PM

I´ll have to think about it  :rofl: That´s pretty good offer  :smilielol: If we´re going to make that deal, will I have that new motor with also...?  :rofl:

no no no no new motor on that deal :pity:
but i must have a testdrive first :smilielol:

Charger´69

Quote from: LUMI on March 19, 2011, 05:23:20 PM
are there those holes in the manifold if no no worry  :2thumbs:

I don´t remember?  :scratchchin: Is there those holes in Edelbrock Performer RPM?  :scratchchin: If I had to quess I would say no, but I really don´t remember...  :scratchchin:

And what comes to that deal, without that new monster motor, I won´t even consider  :rofl: :smilielol: But we´ll be in touch if you promise that motor too..........  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
Plymouth Fury "Christine's Sister" 4x4 6-71 1959
Dodge Charger R/T 440cid 1969
Pontiac Trans Am T-top SuperBandit 400cid 1978
Jeep Cherokee Renegade 4x4 3.7 2006

LUMI

Quote from: Charger´69 on March 19, 2011, 05:32:10 PM

I don´t remember?  :scratchchin: Is there those holes in Edelbrock Performer RPM?  :scratchchin: If I had to quess I would say no, but I really don´t remember...  :scratchchin:

And what comes to that deal, without that new monster motor, I won´t even consider  :rofl: :smilielol: But we´ll be in touch if you promise that motor too..........  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

in torker II there is no holes on intake

could we both have to testdrive before decision :icon_smile_big:

Charger´69

Quote from: LUMI on March 19, 2011, 05:37:45 PM
Quote from: Charger´69 on March 19, 2011, 05:32:10 PM

in torker II there is no holes on intake

could we both have to testdrive before decision :icon_smile_big:

Hell, why not....  :smilielol:

I think Edelbrock RPM intake have those holes, look at here and use that 360 degree view: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/EDL-7193/?rtype=7

You can see those holes...  :brickwall: But are those only connected to each other? And what does that do, does that only warm intake? Why the hell that valley pan seller didn´t say anything about that, that there are different kind of valley pans. That old that I removed had those holes blocked  :brickwall:

LUMI

then you should have a valleypan without the holes
but how about that test drive :boogie:

Charger´69

Quote from: LUMI on March 19, 2011, 05:47:48 PM
then you should have a valleypan without the holes
but how about that test drive :boogie:

Let me know when that Charger is ready to drive and then I´ll ask what my girlfriend says about that  :smilielol: I´m afraid that I´m going to be beaten up...  :icon_smile_blackeye:

Why those holes are there? This is my first Mopar so I really don´t know.. Is those suppose to warm that intake and thats it? And are those exhaust crossover holes ONLY connected to each other, so that it doesn´t mess intake to all that black shit what comes from exhaust??  :scratchchin:

Piston_Freddy

Quote from: Charger´69 on March 19, 2011, 05:55:45 PM

Why those holes are there? This is my first Mopar so I really don´t know.. Is those suppose to warm that intake and thats it? And are those exhaust crossover holes ONLY connected to each other, so that it doesn´t mess intake to all that black shit what comes from exhaust??  :scratchchin:

Crossover is there to warm the intake,carb and gas.Pointless if you don't drive in winter. On a hot summer days, it might boil the gas and causing vapor lock.Also an 1/2'' spacier between intake and carb would be great way to cool things down!  I have an exhaust crossover on my SBC with Eddy C3BX intake that I blocked, this isn't just mopar thing.Yes the exhaust crossover holes are only connected to each other.No exhaust shit won't go to the intake or cylinders.
Max rim size:15"

Charger´69

Quote from: Piston_Freddy on March 19, 2011, 06:29:54 PM
Quote from: Charger´69 on March 19, 2011, 05:55:45 PM

Why those holes are there? This is my first Mopar so I really don´t know.. Is those suppose to warm that intake and thats it? And are those exhaust crossover holes ONLY connected to each other, so that it doesn´t mess intake to all that black shit what comes from exhaust??  :scratchchin:

Crossover is there to warm the intake,carb and gas.Pointless if you don't drive in winter. On a hot summer days, it might boil the gas and causing vapor lock.Also an 1/2'' spacier between intake and carb would be great way to cool things down!  I have an exhaust crossover on my SBC with Eddy C3BX inake that I blocked, this isint just mopar thing.Yes the exhaust crossover holes are only connected to each other.No exhaust shit won't go to the intake or cylinders.

Ok, so it won´t do much harm because those are connected only to each other... Well that gas boiling and loss of power because of warmer intake is big enough reasons to buy different valley pan gasket. Damn, why didn´t you guys mention this before I bought those parts  :RantExplode:  :icon_smile_wink: Even that parts seller didn´t say anything about that gasket that there are different kinds of those, that´s a bit odd because place where I bought all these parts is specialized to these kind of parts and they usually know everything what is needed and tells if there is this kind of differenses.

Well, I´ll have to call there and order that kind of valley pan gasket that has those exhaust crossover holes blocked. What gasket would be right to this then??

This is my normal luck  :brickwall: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: But I´m glad that I uploaded those pictures where that gasket shows also, if I didn´t have done it I wouldn´t get to know that there is different kind of gaskets (thanks Piston_Freddy!). And that would have been sad, because this kind of gasket costs me some horsepower and I want that all out from that engine, even it is only like 5hp like in this case I think... Maybe more! I can imagine that intake is much hotter when that exhaust crossover is in use, and it costs power. Well, it´s one hours job now to change it when done once already, so not so big disaster after all  :2thumbs:

Charger´69

... And I also have to say that damn that old iron intake was heavy!!!  :drunk: I couldn´t believe how much heavier that was than aluminium intake that doesn´t weight actually nothing  :D

Charger´69

Today I ordered that valley pan where those exhaust crossovers is blocked, I think it was Fel-Pro 1215  :scratchchin: Don´t know for sure that is it right gasket but I assume it is. Also I ordered Mopar racing oil filter and new gasket between carb and intake. Next I´ll have to buy Valvoline VR1 Racing oil and change oil/oilfilter and change that valley pan gasket, then it is ready for summer  :2thumbs:

Brass

That should be the correct valley pan.  I had the same problem.  This is a good read:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52284.0.html

Charger´69

Hey thanks Brass, that was interesting!  :2thumbs:

Yesterday I got new valley pan gasket, it was just the same kind than my old one that was there before intake swap. So it is right now. And it was this: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/FEL-1215/

But hey, why there are those 4 gaskets for ports? Should I use them or are those suppose to be some kind of "port matching help" (don´t know how to say what I mean, hope you understand)? I didn´t have any other gaskets there than valley pan when I took old intake off.

bobs66440

Quote from: Charger´69 on March 23, 2011, 07:38:14 AM

But hey, why there are those 4 gaskets for ports? Should I use them or are those suppose to be some kind of "port matching help" (don´t know how to say what I mean, hope you understand)? I didn´t have any other gaskets there than valley pan when I took old intake off.
Every situation is going to be different. Some say to use the pan only, some say the pan and one gasket or two or thick ones or thin ones...with sealer...without sealer. It depends on your intake and if the heads have been shaved or not. I ended up using one .030 fiber gasket on each side of the pan with Hi-Tack to hold them in place. I also put a bead of Ultra Black silicone on the end rails and corners. I also smeared a very thin coat of the silicine on the very inside sealing edges of the heads and gaskets, trying not to get it near the intake ports. That worked for me. It may not work for you. You have to test fit it with and without gaskets to see which will work.  :Twocents:

Charger´69

Quote from: bobs66440 on March 23, 2011, 08:23:13 AM
Quote from: Charger´69 on March 23, 2011, 07:38:14 AM

Every situation is going to be different. Some say to use the pan only, some say the pan and one gasket or two or thick ones or thin ones...with sealer...without sealer. It depends on your intake and if the heads have been shaved or not. I ended up using one .030 fiber gasket on each side of the pan with Hi-Tack to hold them in place. I also put a bead of Ultra Black silicone on the end rails and corners. I also smeared a very thin coat of the silicine on the very inside sealing edges of the heads and gaskets, trying not to get it near the intake ports. That worked for me. It may not work for you. You have to test fit it with and without gaskets to see which will work.  :Twocents:

Ok, thanks for advice!  :2thumbs:

So I´ll go with no gaskets and no silicone, because in that old setup with iron intake was only used valley pan with no gaskets and no silicone. And that "wrong" valley pan that I got first, I installed it without nothing and put that RPM intake top of it and it worked, it idled and started good and I didn´t see any leaks.

Charger´69

Today I swapped that "right" valley pan to Charger  :yesnod: It was that Fel-Pro 1215, now exhaust crossover is blocked like it should be if thinking max power  :2thumbs: Damn it´s easy job to do to Mopar, it took 1.5 hours including testing engine. I added a bit silicone to those corners of valley pan that are between tops and engine block. I didn´t use those four gaskets that came with valley pan because those wasn´t used at all with that original iron intake. When I was running engine it was HUGE difference at temperature in manifold, with that exhaust crossover in use you couldn´t touch intake manifold after one minutes engine was running, now it was only warm even it idled 5 minutes.

Oh, and few days ago I changed my daily driver (BMW 525TDSA) to this Chevrolet Sportside Silverado with Chevy 6.2 diesel engine  :2thumbs: Those winter wheels are ugly, but there are nice chrome wheels with tires with white letters for summer  :coolgleamA:

bobs66440

Good work on the engine...and nice truck!   :2thumbs:  Enjoy!

chargermike

nice car. enjoy it. glad your keeping chargers alive around the world.

Charger´69

Again we got some new photos that our friend had taken and photoshopped. These pictures are taken and photoshopped by Mika Vallineva. So, here is one of those again  :2thumbs: Charger´s paint looks pretty awesome in this pic...  :scratchchin: :icon_smile_wink:

BIGBLCK11

:2thumbs: Yeah, cool effect on the paint!

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Charger´69

Thanks guys!  :cheers:

Here is snow melting pretty fast right now, I hope I´ll get to drive my Charger next week or after that  :2thumbs:

I changed summer tires to my truck yesterday, here is on pic of it  :coolgleamA:

Charger´69

OMG, 1 hour ago I drove out my Charger from garage and did go cruising!!!  :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

I can´t describe this feeling, it was so f-(^*#g amazing!!  :cheers: And YES, there was more power and YES those 295 wide rear tires did burn easily and YES everything worked good and it didn´t even broke when I smoked tires several times  :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

I´m feeling that I´m in heaven, is this normal or am I some kind of retarded....?!?!?!!  :scratchchin: :shruggy:   ...........  :D :D :D

BIGBLCK11

Nope, that's what it's all about! GOOD TIMES!!  :2thumbs:

Charger´69

It was a great weekend!!!  :cheers: I went cruising with Charger many times and burned some rubber, washed and waxed my truck, washed and cleaned Charger etc.  :2thumbs:

I noticed that Charger needs minor carb adjustments.. When I floor it fast, it "thinks" a very short time before it starts to move like a maniac. It´s so short time that it is hard to notice, but some adjustments I got to do (?) that it revs always fast when I floor it. Should I change bigger jets (I think Street Avenger 670cfm has #65/68 jets if those aren´t changed ever), adjust vacuum secondaries opening or should I adjust primary power valve?

And of course some pics.... Again.....  :D

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html