News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Bull's 68 Charger restoration thread

Started by bull, March 15, 2010, 02:39:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WHITE AND RED 69

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

SkiJogg

Looks like your going tohave some fun soon. Looks great :cheers:
Hell don't hurt and a lick'n dot last

khodne

bull

Thanks guys.

I accomplished one other fairly major task tonight that I'll be posting pictures of tomorrow night. In order to install the drivetrain I needed (wanted, actually) to get new undercoating shot from the engine compartment back to behind the transmission. I prepped for it today and finally started shooting it at about 6:30 so I'll have some before/after pics of that. It went quite well I think.

squeakfinder

In Arizona It would have been to hot to work on it. Wow, those parts look nice. I see Lower control arm plates welded on.  :2thumbs:
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

1970Moparmann

Looks awesome.  Keep up the great work. :drool5:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

bull

Thanks again.

As promised, here are the undercoating pics. Didn't hit every spot as well as a perfect guy would have but it looks much better.

Highbanked Hauler

WOW, your putting it on and I am taking it off of the 68
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

chargerboy69

Curtis it looks great.  Did you use Rhino Lining in a can or Zeibart in a can or something just off the shelf?
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

DC_1

bull

Quote from: chargerboy69 on September 30, 2010, 11:12:31 AM
Curtis it looks great.  Did you use Rhino Lining in a can or Zeibart in a can or something just off the shelf?

I used the RestoRick stuff because it's pretty much identical to the original and I wanted to blend it in with the old. Plus there were some bare spots and I wanted it to look uniform. For example, in the first pic you can see a dark spot across the top of the floor behind the cross member where the rear tranny seal leaked and ate the undercoating off where the oil flung. I was able to fill that spot in so it looks just like the rest of it. I actually enjoyed putting that stuff on because it is such a vast improvement.

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

CDN72SE

Looking good, what did you use to apply the undercoating?
1972 Charger SE

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

bull

Quote from: CDN72SE on October 01, 2010, 09:39:15 AM
Looking good, what did you use to apply the undercoating?

A Shutz gun. Like this one:

CDN72SE

1972 Charger SE

jb666

Wow, I'm impressed.. not only do you have an amazing eye for detail, but the fact that you're dong all of this yourself really makes me tip my hat to you (if I had one on). Good job, and I'll be glued to this thread for updates.  :cheers:

chargergirl

Bull your car looks amazing! You have some serious skills and it shows!
Trust your Woobie!

bull

Quote from: chargergirl on October 04, 2010, 09:50:42 PM
Bull your car looks amazing! You have some serious skills and it shows!

Well, thanks but usually I feel like a perfectionist who's tortured by hopeless imperfection. :brickwall: I shoot for the moon and sometimes get lucky enough to hit the tree next door.

Here's a good example. Today I went out and bought a mini paint gun from Harbor Freight to shoot some leftover engine paint onto my new spark plug wire brackets. Mistake #1 of course was forgetting to buy and install these brackets before the engine was painted. So they're all prepped and primed, all I have to do is clean them one last time and shoot the paint. About 8 minutes into this 10 minute job the gun takes a dump and starts blowing paint continuously so I've got to finish painting the parts with the gun on auto pilot. Here's the dumb luck portion that seems to always play a part in my projects: I get done shooting the parts and haul them into the garage to hang mere moments before it starts to rain but I've still got to stand in the rain to clean the busted gun. Why? Well, maybe it'll start working right. Nope. It's done for after roughly 8 minutes of use so tomorrow it's back to Harbor Freight to swap it for another one that might work, this time for 8 days or 8 years. :2thumbs: Who knows with that Harbor Freight stuff but they gave me a refund so I guess that's better than a rental.

bill440rt

Keep at it, Curtis. Car is looking good. Eventually, persistence will pay off.
:2thumbs:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

bull

Quote from: bill440rt on October 05, 2010, 06:42:18 AM
Keep at it, Curtis. Car is looking good. Eventually, persistence will pay off.
:2thumbs:

Thanks. For some reason motivation hasn't been a problem for me lately. Rarely a day goes by that I don't do at least a little work on it. :icon_smile_wink:

triple_green

68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

bull

Quote from: triple_green on October 05, 2010, 04:44:32 PM
Lookin great!!

Mark

Thanks, Mark. I think you finished yours up in the time it took me to get my body work done. :eek2:

Yesterday it was nice out so I prepped and painted the arm on my E-brake mechanism.

68blue

Great attention to detail  :popcrn:. Your descriptions and pictures have helped me a lot on mine.

ionracer24

that'll teach ya to be a cheap skate!..... :lol: :yesnod: :nana:
Real race cars have three pedals......