News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

SELF ETHING PRIMER THEN POLURETHANE PRIMER

Started by MORFF, March 15, 2010, 03:53:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan T

Awesome work man! Great to see another Charger get a second chance at life!! :2thumbs:
1969 Charger R/T
1969 Dart Custom
2006 Charger R/T

MORFF

Well got drivers floor out got to form front right end clean to metal today and prime
Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

MORFF

Holes drilled out and more fitting done bare metal and primer tomorrow
Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

MORFF

Allmost ready to weld in got to get aft of front subframe drive shaft tunnel seat bracket area aft of subframe and little under neather to bare metal hopfully next weekend floor be welded in.
Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

Memphis Mopar

MORFF maybr I missed it in ur posts. Are you still in the Marines? If so where are you stationed. I was in from 1991-1995. I was a 7234/7236. I was stationed at Cherry Point with (MACS-6) Marine air control squadron and then went to Beaufort SC with MACS-2. Great job with the work that you are doing with your Charger!! Semper Fi

MORFF

I am out now working on blackhawks in Ct. I was stationed at MCAS NEWRIVER in Jacksoville,NC. from 99-TELL 03.   I  was stationed with HMLA 269 the Gunrunners. Then from 03 to 06 was with HMLA 775 DET-A in Johnstown, PA.I think now they are 773. My mos was 6114/6174 Huey and cobra mech Flight line shop. Semper Fi.
Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

MORFF

MORE PROGRESS DID NOT HAVE GREY PRIMER GOT UNDERNEATH DONE UP TO REAR SEAT FOOT PANEL
Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

MORFF

JUST GOT TO DO FRONT FLOOR LIP ON FIRE WALL THEN READY TO WELD IN
Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

MORFF

Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

MORFF

I was wondering is it possible that the  owner prior to the one i bought it off of sandblasted and primed the car but waited to long and that's why the surface rust came though. both front subframe areas where coated with sand. Because the interior looks like primer green to me and i dont think that was stock primer color was it?
Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

superbirdtom

my former superbird had the same green paint under the factory yellow in places.  when I took off the vinyl top  there was a light green paint or primer???  don't know   kinda freaked me out it. I thought it might have been sprayed this light green mettalic  then picked out to be a bird and then the color change to yellow.   I have seen cars  right from the factory  that changed colors midstream.    I have noticed   that the straightest cars get painted black  and the wobbly ones get a bright color or white.     

The green thing is kind of a mystery to me still, but is not unusual. maybe someone can answer it . I have pics of the factory top being stripped off and the green paint is obvious.    awesome job!!!

hemi-hampton

I seen a oriniginal paint 67 coronot that had green primer under the yellow. If I remember right it had black or both black & then red primer under the green. All from the factory. I beleive the light green primer was sprayed just because they new the car was going yellow. Red or Black primer would make the yellow to dark.  :Twocents: LEON.

MORFF

progress Just got the front lip on firewall to do then have guy weld this pan in
Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

MORFF

I got my front lip done some hylocks and epoxy primer most likely outlast my lifetime maybee my boys too
Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

MORFF

Alright you guys are going to laugh but my 105 pound bullmasiff ate my memory card for the camera but my driver side is finally ready to be welded in hopfully this week coming up. I am at a cross road what should i do if i make it a manual like i originally wanted lots of money for conversion kit. I was wondering if i get a trans brake for my 727 tranny with a B&M shift kit do you think it would still be good and cheaper than going manual. Then I can spend more money on engine.
Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

MORFF

Does anybody have a pic of A B&M shifter in a 69 charger just wanted to see what looked like thanks.
Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

CidE

Oh man this brings back memories haha. Looking good keep it up.  :2thumbs:

MORFF

Progress wife gone sense thursday.
Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

MORFF

progress
Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

MORFF

Just got to gey guy to weld in drivers floor then caulk it and play with shifting hub.
Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

MORFF

THE START OF TRUNK PANEL GOT ALL PANEL NOW MORE PROGRESS TOMORROW HOPEFULLY
Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

MORFF

GOT TAIL AREA CUT OUT TO THE TRUNK PANEL WE GO
Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: MORFF on June 17, 2010, 06:44:54 AM
I was wondering is it possible that the  owner prior to the one i bought it off of sandblasted and primed the car but waited to long and that's why the surface rust came though. both front subframe areas where coated with sand. Because the interior looks like primer green to me and i dont think that was stock primer color was it?

Thats what I was thinking when I saw it before you started cleaning the rust.  The color thats left looks like self etching primer like Dupont 615 VariPrime. I have used gallons of it over the years.
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

MORFF

Highbanked Hauler so are you thinking I was on key that they started to restore my car then stoped? You thinking that it was primer other than the factory in the sixties. Thanks for all the input and help guys!
Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi