News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

SELF ETHING PRIMER THEN POLURETHANE PRIMER

Started by MORFF, March 15, 2010, 03:53:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MORFF

Started removing trunk panel yesterday
Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

MORFF

Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

mauve66

what trunk??? i guess i'll stop bitching about my cars condition, keep the faith :2thumbs:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

MORFF

My trunk was my worst area thank god for AMD panels with the full trunk panel.
Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

MORFF

more progress trunk lots of frame to look out for
Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

richRTSE

Seems like your moving right along.  :2thumbs:  I'm at about the same stage with my project... I welded in the front floor pan over the weekend. I still need to do the rear floors, weld up some holes in the fire wall (original A/C car), then back to the trunk floor. I will also need both quarters and rear valance too. Unfortunately, I don't have much time, just get done what I can when I can. Keep up the good work!
:cheers:

MORFF

Progress right side of trunk just got fwd sidehopfully get it tomorrow two day tell father-in-law comes with welder
Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

MORFF

progress got driver floor welded in too with help from father-in-law have to get pics today back at it again hopfully trunk be welded in
Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

MORFF

progress
Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

MORFF

Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

MORFF

Yea thats the por 15 on there got to finsh cleaning the trunk area get in primer do a second coat of por in frame rails then paint whole area in primer. to get ready to weld trunk in
Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

MORFF

progress have to do patch or panel replacement on trunk extender on drivers side little on passengers side frame hard area to clean up and strut sapport to clean up then can drop trunk panel in
Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

MORFF

progress pics
Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

MORFF

more pics
Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

MORFF

progress and better look at how bad trunk extender on driver side is either replacing it or making patch panel only bad in one area
Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

MORFF

Well got a little done today on Columbus day got my hard frame area cleaned and painted on the passenger side for the trunk area. Now just got to clean the strut support area. But I might do the back seat back side really looks like it would be easier with trunk panel out.
Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

MORFF

Got back of seat done took out shock and muffler support. got shock inner support area then almost done. put the trunk floor in
Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

MORFF

got it in self eitch primer want to put por on it once get everything done.
Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

MORFF

progress does the rear shocks go in easy with trunk installed?
Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

MORFF

If I jack up back on rear end to get back seat area and frame by wheel well do you guys think anything will warp or tweek because the trunk is not welded in? I was going to take back tires off to gain access.
Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

richRTSE

Is your car currently sitting on the wheels? If so, then jacking up the car under the rear end shouldn't warp anything because all the weight is already on the rear end. Just put your jack stands under the rear end and not on the frame rails.

lexxman

It s good to see you moving forward. keep it up. :2thumbs:

MORFF

Well got my driverside trunk extender panel 118 bucks owe but it looks nice. I am going to have my body guy do that and the patch panel on rear quarter. Its coming I hope i reach my goal of all body work done this year and in primer. I am almost there. Tks guys for all input Semper Fi
Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

Belgium R/T -68

Great work there friend. :2thumbs: Can you use a full trunkpan with only the quarters off or does the tailpanel has to go aswell?

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker