News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Our Excellent Adventure to Amelia Island Florida

Started by Aero426, March 17, 2010, 09:33:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aero426

Hi Dave,  welcome to the board.  It was nice to meet you at the show.  The weekend really was a blur.   You are right that just to be invited was an honor in itself.   Both of your cars looked great.   

I wish I could have seen Ramo's stash from back then.    He mentioned he bought the orange Bird as a parts car.   The only replaced panel on the race car is the right lower valance - the one on there now has undercoat, so it came from a street car, probably the orange one.    They damaged the original in the shop when they let the car down off the jack and a support stand was under the valance.

Brads70

Awesome thread! I really enjoyed all the pictures thanks! :2thumbs:
Do you have any pictures of the front suspension on the race Superbirds? I always was curious on what they used as far as spindles and lower control arms?

Aero426

There are some photos to give you an idea in this thread here:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,69965.0.html

Upper control arms are a fabricated piece.    They had at least three different set of upper arms to achieve the right caster and camber.  L1 (left 1), L2 (left 2), L3 (left 3) and R1, R2, R3.   

The spindles are a special part dedicated to race only.

Ball joints are unique to the application as well.   

The lower control arms are a modified big car or Imperial type piece.   The lower arm is the only piece that has any relationship to a Mopar street car. 

69_500

Doug I'm not sure if your aware or not but your car was on a TV show here recently. There is a show called "Chasing classic Cars" and they were down at Amelia Island and there is a good 45 seconds if not a minute of footage in the episode of your car.

Brads70

Quote from: Aero426 on January 25, 2011, 04:58:04 PM
There are some photos to give you an idea in this thread here:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,69965.0.html

Upper control arms are a fabricated piece.    They had at least three different set of upper arms to achieve the right caster and camber.  L1 (left 1), L2 (left 2), L3 (left 3) and R1, R2, R3.   

The spindles are a special part dedicated to race only.

Ball joints are unique to the application as well.   

The lower control arms are a modified big car or Imperial type piece.   The lower arm is the only piece that has any relationship to a Mopar street car. 

WOW That was very educational! Thanks very much I really enjoyed that! Thanks for sharing! :yesnod: :2thumbs:

Aero426

Quote from: 69_500 on January 25, 2011, 05:19:43 PM
Doug I'm not sure if your aware or not but your car was on a TV show here recently. There is a show called "Chasing classic Cars" and they were down at Amelia Island and there is a good 45 seconds if not a minute of footage in the episode of your car.

I've heard of the show but have not seen it.  Maybe the episodes are available on DVD.