News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Check out this brake kit

Started by THE STIG, March 23, 2010, 11:41:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

THE STIG

I know there have been about a gazillion questions asked on this forum about Disc brake conversions, so I'm gonna make it a gazillion and one. Are these the right brakes for my 70 Charger, with 15" wheels?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270433152613&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

ChargerST

Looks like the 11" discs - so it should fit 15" wheels. I bought a set that was similar looking but including a power brake booster and master cylinder for $500! It's a tight fit but with this kit you can use 14" wheels as well.

Cooter

Yep, that's just a new looking version of the '73-'76 Dart/Duster/Scamp set up...$500.00 isn't bad for all that stuff new...Hell, you can hardly get by with that much after rebuilding a junkyard set....The 11" (10.87) version will clear 14" wheels..
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

ChargerST

That's the kit i bought:

It is manufactured by MBM Brakes - www.mbmbrakeboosters.com
Can't find the article now but in one article in Mopar Muscle Magazine they use the MP Brakes Kit ($1000+) - but in the picture you can see that the adapter is also label MBM (like in the cheaper kit) - maybe the rest of the parts are the same as well... ?

THE STIG

Quote from: ChargerST on March 23, 2010, 06:02:42 PM
That's the kit i bought:

It is manufactured by MBM Brakes - www.mbmbrakeboosters.com
Can't find the article now but in one article in Mopar Muscle Magazine they use the MP Brakes Kit ($1000+) - but in the picture you can see that the adapter is also label MBM (like in the cheaper kit) - maybe the rest of the parts are the same as well... ?

So are you overall happy with your brakes?

ChargerST

Haven't installed them yet but in a month or so I can tell you more. What I heard about the 11" brakes is that they give you decent stopping power for a street car but not necessarily for prolonged track visits. The parts are nice quality btw