News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2006 Dodge Charger..... totaled

Started by herhemi, March 25, 2010, 10:52:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

herhemi

Hi, I am new to this forum, am happy to find it.... I "had" a 2006 Top Banana Charger Daytona.  March 9, a guy blew a stop sign, t-boned me and totaled it.  (I could have been injured but just bruised and stiff and sore)  We are "BATTLING" with the insurance company.  It had less than 15K miles on it.  They are saying they can't find

herhemi

Sorry, hit the wrong button b4 I got my post finished....  The other guy's insurance company is comparing my car to Chargers (without the Daytona package) AND cars with 30K+ miles which is NOT A COMPARISON as far as I'm concerned.  My car WAS in EXCELLENT condition.  Any thoughts?

elacruze

"Fair market value" can be established easily by referring to auction sales and eBay actual delivered prices.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

Lennard

gonzoe

herhemi

The insurance company finally offered us $24,950. today..... I was so in love with my "top banana"..... I have found a PlumCrazy that is about 100 miles away, with less than 6K miles....
Thanks for the replies....Can you please tell me how to look for a car that has already sold on ebay, so I can see what was paid?  and thanks for the Charger forum website, I will be looking @ that.

Silver R/T

Glad you're ok. That car is not a loss, it's not a classic. Very easily replaceable.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

elacruze

Search ebay for closed auctions by choosing 'advanced search options' then 'completed auctions only'.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: herhemi on March 25, 2010, 11:21:00 PM
The insurance company finally offered us $24,950. today..... I was so in love with my "top banana"..... I have found a PlumCrazy that is about 100 miles away, with less than 6K miles....
Thanks for the replies....Can you please tell me how to look for a car that has already sold on ebay, so I can see what was paid?  and thanks for the Charger forum website, I will be looking @ that.

I'd take that and run....run very fast.

My '08 Hemi Orange Daytona with 8500 miles on it was only worth $19,100 as a trade in back in November of '09.....damn thing stickered at $39.5k :rotz:

Welcome to the site :wave:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

89MOPAR

SilverR/T ; in terms of # of Top Banana "Daytona's"  built in 2006 ,  it is probably just as rare as your SVT Mustang, which you wouldn't want to hear from us..." not a loss, easily replaceable ". :shruggy:

Yeah , it's not 40 yrs old, but obviously she's an enthusiast for them, being that she's thinking of replacing it with a plum crazy purple version.
77 Ram-Charger SE factory 440 'Macho' package
03 Ram Hemi 4x4 Pickup
Noble M400
72 Satellite Sebring Plus +

moparstuart

Here is a picture of my friend rachaels plum daytona , I think she would die if her car was totalled  , she lives for that car .  It's good We all dont like the same things or we would all be driving camaros  :eek2: 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

694spdRT

I think you did good at that price.

A dealer had a new #2 off the line plum crazy '07 Daytona on the lot last summer for $24,900. There was a new white 09(I think) Daytona for a little under $30K at another dealer last fall.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

Khyron

I agree, take the money and run.... Im sorry to hear about the loss and am glad you're o.k.... though Im not a fan of that type of vehicle it sux when something you cared about it wrecked... good luck to you.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Black Charger

It sounds like your insurance company is being generous. I agree with everyone else when they told you to take the money and run. I doubt I could get that much for my fully loaded 2006 SRT8 (which is several thousand more expensive than a Daytona) if it were totaled. The bad thing about the LX Chargers is, once the Challenger came out, the re-sale values on the once hard-to-get Chargers (especially the rarer versions like the Daytona and SRT8) completely plummeted. Lots of people are trading in their Chargers for Challengers, so there are a lot more of them out there on the used car market now.

Good luck with your new Plum Crazy Daytona!

tan top

hello & welcome HH   :cheers: :wave:  crikey glad your ok scary stuff !!  seen a couple of   banana yellow  new    chargers !! look nice   , shame  :rotz: 
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

jb666

As the others have said, I'm glad you weren't hurt... Cut your losses and look at a new Challenger.. Much nicer ride  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:(coming from a former "new Charger" owner)

suntech

I am a little comfused here!

On a normal newer used car, at least here in Norway, it is (or should be) the price you need to pay to get a identical car FROM A DEALER.

If they have problems to value your car, they should call 5-6  DODGE DEALERS and ask for a price/offer.........then offer you somwhere in the area of average og the numbers they came up with....then negotiations starts, due to extra equippment, low milage, etc  :Twocents:
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

herhemi

Thanks, everybody for all your great thoughts, advice, and ideas..... I looked @ a Challenger, (didn't test drive).  The dealer wants to put me in a "300", and sorry.... it just looks like an "old lady" car..... drove it, didn't like it!!!!!!
My husband wants me to get a Sub-lime Green, but it just doesn't do it for me either. 
I do realize my car wasn't a 40 year old classic, but it was MINE, and I loved it.... Am grateful that I walked away from it, and I know it's replaceable, so am trying to move forward.
I will keep you all posted what happens this week, and news on the "plum crazy"

RD

buy the car back from the insurance company, get the hemi and find you a duster to put it in :D

j/k

hope everything goes well and you get what you want.. sorry you had to go through such a terrible situation, God bless.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

herhemi

Thanks MoparStuart for the pics of your friend's plum crazy!!!  I loved my top banana, but that purple has really grown on me.....
RD... after looking @ all these classics on this site.... it's an interesting thought!!!!  There are certainly some nice
"rides".

ITSA426

I've got a Top Banana 06 also and a faster color yellow Rumblebee.  Are you on Rumblebee.org?  I saw the same problem there.  I'd miss my 06 and would probably start by holding out for a yellow Superbee if they couldn't find another Top Banana Daytona.  Negotiations start where you want them to.  Tell them you're addicted to Yellow Mopars.  I ordered my car from the brochure so I got exactly what I wanted.  Why settle for less?

herhemi

Hey.... "its a 426".... YES.... as a matter of fact, there were 2 yellow hemis in our garage.   I bought the RumbleBee for myself..... then decided it was a bit more of a truck than I bargained for, so just a little "arm-twisting", and it became my husband's.... And yes, he is on Rumblebee.org, his call name is BeeDaddy.
The dealer here in town HAS a Super-bee, but can't get him to go down on the price enough for me to afford it.....What is your call name on RB.org, I'll have BeeDaddy look for ya!!!!

ITSA426

All that yellow in the garage looks pretty.  I've got more yellow than garage space.  My '66 hemi charger is yellow also, but not Solar Yellow.  The Bee looks especially awesome with the '66 on the black and yellow trailer behind it.

If the other guy is at fault in the accident, I'd be holding real hard for an adequate replacement vehicle. 

It's YLOHEMI on .org.  What do you mean more of a truck than you bargained for?  I have no plans to replace the truck or the R/T Daytona anytime soon.  They are still fun.

68charger383

I didn't take a picture, but my local dealer just put out a yellow Challenger. It's the first one I've seen.

You might want to check out the Challenger in yellow or purple before you make a purchase.
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

herhemi

Insurance update.... Our insurance company (State Farm) instead of sending an adjustor out to look @ my crumpled up Charger decided to have an independent adjustor go look @ it.  This has definitely turned into a giant "cluster". So I guess it is a "wait and see" now.... Guess they didn't think they could be impartial, not sure.  Just know I'm ready for a car OF MY OWN, not a rental!!!
"its a 426", what I meant about the truck being more than I bargained for.... it just seemed pretty big to drive.  I had back surgery on '07, and we've got really nice running boards on it, but for a while it was all I could do to get up in it.  I do love it though!  It is fun to ride in!!!!!!!