News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Aero Car Reunion-Monster Mopar Weekend

Started by Mopurr, April 07, 2010, 04:04:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nvrbdn

hey husk im leaving work at 3;35 today if ya want me to meet ya
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

moparstuart

got my arm bands yesterday , they match the color of my car   :icon_smile_big:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

41husk

1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

70Sbird

My packet arrived at the house today. I'll be home tomorrow to check it out

Scott Faulkner

hotrod98

I'm hoping that the weather channel misses it like they usually do. Right now they're predicting rain all weekend. Fingers crossed.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

hemigeno

At the moment, they're calling for a 40% chance on Sat and 10% on Sunday.  Low 80s for a high.  Like you mentioned though, they can be pretty far off on those long-range predictions.

Aero426

I am guessing we are going to get the remnants of the storm hitting Texas now.    Hope that mess gets on out of the way!

nvrbdn

last night they said rain wed, thurs, and fri morn. so if it stays its sounding better.course thats local and not weather channel.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

hotrod98

We're watching the weather. It's sort of expensive for us to come up there and not be able to enjoy the show. Even though we're bringing the bird, this year we're primarily interested in the the drag racing. Even a little rain will put a quick end to any drag racing action.
We need the chance of rain to be about 30% or less both days to make the trip.

Charles Addams

xs29j8Bullitt

I hope the mess we have gone through in North Texas doesn't make it to St Louis... Arlington has been having significant flooding.  I believe I heard the rainfall amount was about 12 inches so far...

Monster Mopar seems to draw rain, but its usually not severe weather.

Good luck everyone!
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

nvrbdn

the weather on the news tonight was buckets of rain thurs and night, ending friday morning. the map showed around 5;30am, but prob a little later in the morning on fri. slight chance of a stray shower friday slight chance of a small shower on sat. clear sat afternoon and all day sun. thats dave murry channel 2 st.louis. so im bettin on a nice weekend.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

hotrod98

I wonder if he noticed that the remnants of the hurricane just changed directions and is heading for SL. It's drowning everyone from Dallas to NW Arkansas right now. It's been raining here for the last two days and is supposed to continue. Dallas was just hit with a couple of tornadoes and we're (NW Arkansas) under a tornado watch here for tonight and tomorrow. Here in the south we have four seasons...cold, wet, hot and wet again.
I never did get my new windshield properly sealed in the bird. It took two weeks to get the car dry again after the two rainstorms I went through in Branson in June.
This has been the worst year ever for carshows for me and I didn't need that. Even the local carshow was rained out in April. My first show with the new bird was a total wash.  :brickwall:

Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on September 08, 2010, 07:58:56 PM
I wonder if he noticed that the remnants of the hurricane just changed directions and is heading for SL. It's drowning everyone from Dallas to NW Arkansas right now. It's been raining here for the last two days and is supposed to continue. Dallas was just hit with a couple of tornadoes and we're (NW Arkansas) under a tornado watch here for tonight and tomorrow. Here in the south we have four seasons...cold, wet, hot and wet again.
I never did get my new windshield properly sealed in the bird. It took two weeks to get the car dry again after the two rainstorms I went through in Branson in June.
This has been the worst year ever for carshows for me and I didn't need that. Even the local carshow was rained out in April. My first show with the new bird was a total wash.  :brickwall:

suck it up and put it on the trailer and head for st louis , I want pictures of yours and allens car together , alittle rain wont hurt you     :nana: :nana: :nana:

hemigeno

I was at the track around 10am this morning, to officially stake out / reserve our parking spaces.  We'll have the same semi-circle arrangement that has worked well the past couple of years.  There was already a 200' arc with red flags to show the area we're in, and that will represent the back end of the cars - unless we get too many and have to rearrange things (that'd be a good problem).

The DC.com tent will be just to the outside of the circle, and Rich's tent for our special guest (Ramo) and Doug's #7 car is on the opposite side - closer to the main Registration Tent.

Also - track laps will be at 3:30pm on Saturday, and 11am on Sunday.  We'll need to line the cars up about 1/2 hour before each session, with the line beginning at the registration tent like usual.  I'll have an instruction sheet to hand out at the show for everybody as in past years as well.

:cheers:

moparstuart

Quote from: hemigeno on September 09, 2010, 01:40:55 PM
I was at the track around 10am this morning, to officially stake out / reserve our parking spaces.  We'll have the same semi-circle arrangement that has worked well the past couple of years.  There was already a 200' arc with red flags to show the area we're in, and that will represent the back end of the cars - unless we get too many and have to rearrange things (that'd be a good problem).

The DC.com tent will be just to the outside of the circle, and Rich's tent for our special guest (Ramo) and Doug's #7 car is on the opposite side - closer to the main Registration Tent.

Also - track laps will be at 3:30pm on Saturday, and 11am on Sunday.  We'll need to line the cars up about 1/2 hour before each session, with the line beginning at the registration tent like usual.  I'll have an instruction sheet to hand out at the show for everybody as in past years as well.

thanks again for all your & rich's hard work   :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:  alway a great time

41husk

I hope the rain doesn't affect the track laps :shruggy:
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

hemigeno

Quote from: 41husk on September 10, 2010, 09:21:09 AM
I hope the rain doesn't affect the track laps :shruggy:

If it is raining, or the track is visibly wet, we will not be able to do the laps.  That's not anything the MMW guys have control over, unfortunately.

41husk

Thanks for all your hard work Gene.  The Charger looked great!
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

hemigeno

There were lots of other people who put in just as much time/effort to help out as I did - it's a team effort, with the ultimate goal for people to come out, have a great time, and leave with a smile on their face looking forward to next year.  Hope we achieved the goal...

hotrod98

Geno..you da man.  :2thumbs:
I appreciate you and everyone else helping me with Sandra. She had a great time. Especally the laps around the track. She was smiling all of the way. She kept asking me if we could go faster.

Charles Addams

41husk

Glad to see you and Sandra made it home safe.  It was great seeing the Daytona and black Ice bird side by side.  I was worried for a bit I might not get it off the hauler.  I got several pics of them together
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

moparstuart

Quote from: 41husk on September 13, 2010, 02:01:18 PM
Glad to see you and Sandra made it home safe.  It was great seeing the Daytona and black Ice bird side by side.  I was worried for a bit I might not get it off the hauler.  I got several pics of them together
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

hotrod98

Sandra and I had a blast. I enjoy seeing her happy. I keep worrying that each show will be the last one that she will be able to attend and unfortunately it's looking more and more like that will be the case soon. We're both glad that she was able to enjoy the bird this year. One things for sure, she hasn't forgotten the laps around the track. She smiles every time I mention it.
I hope everyone had a safe journey home.

Charles Addams