News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'70 Coronet disks on '69 Charger- do-able?

Started by 69chargerrt, April 10, 2010, 12:19:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69chargerrt

I asked this on moparts.com, but I thought I'd let the brake gurus here take a crack at it, too...  

My '69 Charger once had front disks, but for some reason had been switched to drums many years ago. I know this because I had figured out that my current master cylinder/power booster were meant for disks- plus I still have the factory proportioning valve that I understand was only used in a disk setup.

I've been thinking of doing the disk conversion using later model A/F/J/M donors, but one of the members of the local Mopar club that I'm in had mentioned to me that he has a '70 Coronet parts car with factory disks. While it's missing the rotors and calipers, it does have the steering knuckles- and I found that I can get rebuilt calipers and disks at NAPA or Autozone.

So my question - can a '69 Charger run front disks off a '70 Coronet?  One caveat that I found is that the current replacement rotors may not fit the spindle due to the replacements having a different bearing size?

Thanks!
David

'69 Dodge Charger R/T