News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mopar Muscle Charger 500 Article

Started by Charger Aficionado, December 11, 2005, 07:10:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger Aficionado

I thought some of you may enjoy this if you havn't purchased the latest copy yet...?

73rallye440magnum

Current- 70 Charger XH29G Y3, F8, F8

Past- '73 Rallye U code, '69 Coronet 500 vert, '68 Roadrunner clone, XP29H8, XP29G8

Charger Aficionado

Quote from: 73rallye440magnum on December 11, 2005, 07:13:02 PM
was that one on ebay a while back?

Sure was.  Looked like one hell of a driver.

Spartan

Man I love 2nd gens in silver w/ the black stripe.
Over?! its not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!...Hell no! and its not over now!..(Germans? Pearl Harbor?...shut up, he's on a roll)

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Dodge Don

Check the cover.....they advertise the story of two '70 Hemi Charger 500s which would be a real discovery and naturally caught my interest....however as you can see they are '69 Charger 500s. As a Mopar magazine you'd think they could get it right?  :brickwall:

hemi68charger

That's sharp..... Our C500's are getting the recognition they deserve..  :icon_smile_big:

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Ghoste

I have never seen so much Charger 500 buzz as there is in the air right now.  It is definitely that cars turn!

69_500

I still like the silver car. I think I'm going to give them a call about that car on Monday, and see what it would take for them to sell the car. Would make one heck of a nice driver car. Could have a lot more fun with that than the current 500 I have.

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: hemi68charger on December 11, 2005, 08:20:08 PM
That's sharp..... Our C500's are getting the recognition they deserve..   :icon_smile_big:

Troy
Damn straight,its about time.
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

69_500

Ah come on now, how long have you been waiting for them to receive their due?

Only about 36 years right?

:icon_smile_wink:

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69_500 on December 13, 2005, 11:07:35 AM
Ah come on now, how long have you been waiting for them to receive their due?

Only about 36 years right?

:icon_smile_wink:

Hey !!!  you calling me old Danny?...  :icon_smile_big:  ..... 
Well, I guess so, I was only 5 years old driving around in my Dad's Daytona....

Troy
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

69_500

No not calling anyone here old. Just was a comment to Highbank since he has owned his 500 since new, and has definately been waiting a long time for them to get some recognition.

Then again you are almost 20 years older than I am Troy.

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69_500 on December 13, 2005, 11:10:43 AM
No not calling anyone here old. Just was a comment to Highbank since he has owned his 500 since new, and has definately been waiting a long time for them to get some recognition.

Then again you are almost 20 years older than I am Troy.

I know.. jerking your young chain.....  Damn, 20 years and you already have a C500........  You're WAY ahead of the curve....
Troy

Charger_Fan

That's great! I'm definitely gonna have to snag that issue...even if they do call them 70's. :icon_smile_big:

Danny, that would be too cool if you were to end up getting that silver car! :drool5:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

hotrod98

Has anyone noticed the decline in the quality of "Mopar Muscle" magazine. My last issue was half as thick as my "Mopar Collectors Guide".
I hate that this magazine has gone downhill and hope that they turn it around. Once upon a time the mag was full of nice photos and took a while to read from front to back...now I read it from front to back the first time that I open it. We certainly don't need to lose another magazine at this point. MCG on the other hand is a great magazine that just seems to get better and better with each issue.
Just my   :Twocents:

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

69_500

Ah now its back and working. I have tried for over 2 hours to type this response.

Yeah I might be a little ahead of the curve for a 500 owner in todays terms. But I'm about 30 years behind the curve for having a chance to buy one when they weren't so darn expensive.

I wish I was about 15 years older, I would have bought up the same cars 20 years ago. Then again if I was 15 years older I would be 42 now.

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69_500 on December 13, 2005, 04:10:34 PM
Ah now its back and working. I have tried for over 2 hours to type this response.

Yeah I might be a little ahead of the curve for a 500 owner in todays terms. But I'm about 30 years behind the curve for having a chance to buy one when they weren't so darn expensive.

I wish I was about 15 years older, I would have bought up the same cars 20 years ago. Then again if I was 15 years older I would be 42 now.

Well now Danny, if I remember what you paid for your C500, that was STILL pretty impressive..  You did pretty good there fella...  But, you are right in the fact that us "older" fellas did have the opportunity in getting these when they were cheaper.. But, like you, I had to pay a premium for mine  4 years ago.. But, in today's dollars, it's chump-change..... The '70 I bought and later traded for the '68 Hemi Charger I have was one of those situations of getting something "cheap"...................

Think of it like this, you'll be around longer to enjoy yours... hahaha

Troy
Troy

69_500

Well to me I didn't have to pay that much for my car. I was willing to pay much more, just that the bank account didn't allow it. :)

Yeah I always say that in another 30 years I'll probably be at an Annual DSAC club meeting or maybe a Talladega event in 2034 and I'll be one of like say 20 owners there. If there is even that many of us interested in these cars for what they really are and not just for monetary values.

I wasn't aware that you just got Dana 4 years ago. Seems like it would have been longer than that. Then again I just got mine a little over a year ago, and had the sunroof car for almost 2 years. But who knows, I don't ever intend to sell the 500 unless the right Daytona comes along, or possibly for a 4 speed 500.

PocketThunder

i'm 30.  bought my C500 when i was 28.  hopefully i'll actually drive it before i'm 38.  :'(   Kid(s) are coming into the family now and i might be putting the C500 on the back burner for awhile.  I'm actually thinking of re-assembling it and driving it around unrestored as is....  That way some of the rust can fall off when i hit bumps. ;D...
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

69_500

Your 30 Pocket? Man and I thought that I had atleast one other person who had a 500 that was younger than me. I was for sure you were younger than I am. I hear ya about having the kids and putting things on a back burner. We have the 2 year old boy and are trying to have another one. Seems that 500 owners on here lately have been doing pretty good at having children. With you, and now Troy expecting a child, I guess I have a good shot of having another kid.

Charger Aficionado

Hey.  I resemble that remark...  I'm 29, and Got mine at 28 (around a year and a half ago)...  We got something in common :) 

Big Lebowski

I'd be insulted if my rare $200,000 '69 Charger 500 was described not rare $8000 '70 Charger 500. What was Mopar Muscle thinking on that day?
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

WINGMAN

:icon_smile_big:  weill i was 39 when i got my 500, and 46 when i got my daytona.I was told if you wait good things will come your way.Now i am getting to old to work on them.
69 Daytona XX29L9B409032 , 02 Ram Cummins,

Shakey

Quote from: WINGMAN on December 14, 2005, 07:59:03 PM
:icon_smile_big:   weill i was 39 when i got my 500, and 46 when i got my daytona.I was told if you wait good things will come your way.Now i am getting to old to work on them.

Let me know when you are ready to unload them!   :icon_smile_big:

I sent you a PM this morning.  Thanks again.

WINGMAN

Hi Shakey.   Yes guys i am getting old. And besides i hate people pointing at me when i drive the 500 or daytona to town, Makes me feel like i have the plague.And if i can only keep the darn cats from getting up on the wing.Will someone please come and get these odd cars.

hemi68charger

Quote from: WINGMAN on December 14, 2005, 09:08:34 PM
Hi Shakey.   Yes guys i am getting old. And besides i hate people pointing at me when i drive the 500 or daytona to town, Makes me feel like i have the plague.And if i can only keep the darn cats from getting up on the wing.Will someone please come and get these odd cars.

I'll give you a Hemi '68 and a six pack '70 for that weird one with the tall clothes hanger on it......   :icon_smile_big:

Troy
Troy

WINGMAN

Hi TROY. I WOULD NOT WANT TO PAWN THAT WING THING OFF ON YOU, PARALLEL PARKING IS OUT AND YOU CANT PUT A KEG IN THE TRUNK. :icon_smile:    JR.

Charger Aficionado

Quote from: WINGMAN on December 14, 2005, 11:22:30 PM
Hi TROY. I WOULD NOT WANT TO PAWN THAT WING THING OFF ON YOU, PARALLEL PARKING IS OUT AND YOU CANT PUT A KEG IN THE TRUNK. :icon_smile: JR.

Shifting to a suitcase...

ChargerBill

I like the cream yellow 500 more than the silver one. The silver one needs a set of new wheels because the way it sits now it looks pretty pimped out IMO.
Life is a highway...

69_500

Yeah I hear ya about not being able to put a keg in the trunk of the Daytona, then again one doesn't fit in a 500 trunk either. Darn you are just all out of luck then if you use either car to go get groceries. Neither one of  them has a very large opening to put anything in.

chargervert

Quote from: Dodge Don on December 11, 2005, 07:43:47 PM
Check the cover.....they advertise the story of two '70 Hemi Charger 500s which would be a real discovery and naturally caught my interest....however as you can see they are '69 Charger 500s. As a Mopar magazine you'd think they could get it right?   :brickwall:
[/I do beleve that Chrysler built 1 70 Hemi Charger 500,it was a pilot car,I beleve the VIN was 100005. It was not an aero car though,just a standard 70 Charger 500quote]

Ghoste

No trunk room?  Guys, my 67 has as much room for stashing stuff as a wagon or minivan.  If you need more room, I'll swap you cars.

69_500

OH there is plenty of room in the trunk once you get things past the opeing. You can put just as much in the trunk as you can in any 69 Charger, well okay a little less with the larger trunk hinges and all. But the only things that will fit in the trunk are items that are smaller than about 14" thick. Now on a Daytona you lose some more trunk space with the wing braces in the trunk as well.

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69_500 on December 17, 2005, 09:06:26 AM
OH there is plenty of room in the trunk once you get things past the opeing. You can put just as much in the trunk as you can in any 69 Charger, well okay a little less with the larger trunk hinges and all. But the only things that will fit in the trunk are items that are smaller than about 14" thick. Now on a Daytona you lose some more trunk space with the wing braces in the trunk as well.

Oh wait... Then, if that's the case, I don't know if I wanna trade Dana for the Daytona I'm talking to a guy about..... Naaaaaaa, I'll sacrifice..  :icon_smile_big:

Troy
Troy

THE CHARGER PUNK

how many people here own 1969 charger 500s? and how many of them are 440's and how many of them are hemi's?-MATT

hemi68charger

Quote from: F8 69 CHARGER PUNK on December 17, 2005, 03:29:53 PM
how many people here own 1969 charger 500s? and how many of them are 440's and how many of them are hemi's?-MATT

T7 440 4speed........

Troy
Troy

WINGMAN

69_500

R4 red, 440 AT, white interior, white stripe.

You actually found a gentleman who is willing to possibly part with a Daytona for the HEMI car? You have gotta be kidding me. I passed on a 69 HEMI Charger Project car because I didn't think that even if it was restored i'd be able to trade it for a 500 or a Daytona.

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69_500 on December 18, 2005, 07:41:20 AM
R4 red, 440 AT, white interior, white stripe.

You actually found a gentleman who is willing to possibly part with a Daytona for the HEMI car? You have gotta be kidding me. I passed on a 69 HEMI Charger Project car because I didn't think that even if it was restored i'd be able to trade it for a 500 or a Daytona.

You referring to me?
Troy

jaak

Im 29 and the C500 has always been my favorite muscle car, more so than the Daytona, I don't know if it because the 500 is rarer or what. And I was excited when I got my New MM mag, I love c500's , The most affordable one i have ever seen was back about 6-7 years ago on Moparts It needed restoring of course, it did not have numbers matching engine, but did have a correct dated one (440) and it was an automatic and I believe it was F8 green if I remember correctly. It was 10,500 needing restoration, but was a complete car, I could not afford it at the time, hell i couldn't afford it now, I have been slowly restoring a 69 RT for about 4-5 years. I know I'll never have one, but I Keep my eye open for a good 68-70 Charger Body/ roller, because when I have the RT finished, I would like to build a c500 clone. BTW Troy your 500 is Bronze, Right? Thats one of my favorite colors.

69_500

Yeah Troy's 500 is a bronze car.

I misread your post, you found someone who is considering a trade of a project Daytona for Dana? Hmmmm, that would be a tough one for me. If i had a HEMI Charger and a 500, I"d be keeping the 500 and trying to trade the HEMI car for a wing car. But then again I am a stickler for the aero cars more so than for HEMI cars.

hemi68charger

Quote from: jaak on December 18, 2005, 01:27:54 PM
.... BTW Troy your 500 is Bronze, Right? Thats one of my favorite colors.

Yeap, T7 Dark Bronze with tan interior....

Danny........  The Daytona is far from a project.. It's a done 4-speed car....... I'd be trading Dana and the '68 Hemi Charger as it sits..... Now, if it gets to the point where I end up having it long enough to get her painted, then I'll try that route of trading the hemi car for a Daytona............

Troy
Troy

jaak

69_500

Well you know my thoughts on the question Troy. It doesn't take a brain scientist to say that I'd trade Dana and the HEMI Charger for a done Daytona. Hands down I'd do that in a heart beat. Yeah both cars together are probably worth more, but you know how badly I want a Daytona. So if it was me in your shoes, I"d be telling him to bring a trailer and trade me 2 for 1.

Ghoste

I don't know man.  I like the 500 better than the wing and when you have a Hemi RT beside it in your garage...
I think I'd be satisfied with those.

69_500

The 500's are definately growing on me. I'll admit I do like it more than a Superbird though. I would however give up the 500 in a heartbeat to get a Daytona. But I wouldn't trade it for a Superbird period. That is just me though.

Shakey

Quote from: Ghoste on December 20, 2005, 04:43:54 AM
I don't know man.   I like the 500 better than the wing and when you have a Hemi RT beside it in your garage...
I think I'd be satisfied with those.

:iagree:

Of course "to each his own" but I'd also rather have two of the most desirable muscle cars ever made than a Daytona!

Ghoste

I never was that crazy about Superbirds.  That is, in the grand Mopar scheme of things of course.  Naturally I think they're cool, I just mean there are so many Mopars that do it for me better.

chargervert

I have a Y2 500,that I'm going to finish off where Creative Industries left off,and build a Daytona from it! I will finish the job for them!