News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mopar Muscle Charger 500 Article

Started by Charger Aficionado, December 11, 2005, 07:10:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WINGMAN

Hi Shakey.   Yes guys i am getting old. And besides i hate people pointing at me when i drive the 500 or daytona to town, Makes me feel like i have the plague.And if i can only keep the darn cats from getting up on the wing.Will someone please come and get these odd cars.
69 Daytona XX29L9B409032 , 02 Ram Cummins,

hemi68charger

Quote from: WINGMAN on December 14, 2005, 09:08:34 PM
Hi Shakey.   Yes guys i am getting old. And besides i hate people pointing at me when i drive the 500 or daytona to town, Makes me feel like i have the plague.And if i can only keep the darn cats from getting up on the wing.Will someone please come and get these odd cars.

I'll give you a Hemi '68 and a six pack '70 for that weird one with the tall clothes hanger on it......   :icon_smile_big:

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

WINGMAN

Hi TROY. I WOULD NOT WANT TO PAWN THAT WING THING OFF ON YOU, PARALLEL PARKING IS OUT AND YOU CANT PUT A KEG IN THE TRUNK. :icon_smile:    JR.

Charger Aficionado

Quote from: WINGMAN on December 14, 2005, 11:22:30 PM
Hi TROY. I WOULD NOT WANT TO PAWN THAT WING THING OFF ON YOU, PARALLEL PARKING IS OUT AND YOU CANT PUT A KEG IN THE TRUNK. :icon_smile: JR.

Shifting to a suitcase...

ChargerBill

I like the cream yellow 500 more than the silver one. The silver one needs a set of new wheels because the way it sits now it looks pretty pimped out IMO.
Life is a highway...

69_500

Yeah I hear ya about not being able to put a keg in the trunk of the Daytona, then again one doesn't fit in a 500 trunk either. Darn you are just all out of luck then if you use either car to go get groceries. Neither one of  them has a very large opening to put anything in.

chargervert

Quote from: Dodge Don on December 11, 2005, 07:43:47 PM
Check the cover.....they advertise the story of two '70 Hemi Charger 500s which would be a real discovery and naturally caught my interest....however as you can see they are '69 Charger 500s. As a Mopar magazine you'd think they could get it right?   :brickwall:
[/I do beleve that Chrysler built 1 70 Hemi Charger 500,it was a pilot car,I beleve the VIN was 100005. It was not an aero car though,just a standard 70 Charger 500quote]

Ghoste

No trunk room?  Guys, my 67 has as much room for stashing stuff as a wagon or minivan.  If you need more room, I'll swap you cars.

69_500

OH there is plenty of room in the trunk once you get things past the opeing. You can put just as much in the trunk as you can in any 69 Charger, well okay a little less with the larger trunk hinges and all. But the only things that will fit in the trunk are items that are smaller than about 14" thick. Now on a Daytona you lose some more trunk space with the wing braces in the trunk as well.

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69_500 on December 17, 2005, 09:06:26 AM
OH there is plenty of room in the trunk once you get things past the opeing. You can put just as much in the trunk as you can in any 69 Charger, well okay a little less with the larger trunk hinges and all. But the only things that will fit in the trunk are items that are smaller than about 14" thick. Now on a Daytona you lose some more trunk space with the wing braces in the trunk as well.

Oh wait... Then, if that's the case, I don't know if I wanna trade Dana for the Daytona I'm talking to a guy about..... Naaaaaaa, I'll sacrifice..  :icon_smile_big:

Troy
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

THE CHARGER PUNK

how many people here own 1969 charger 500s? and how many of them are 440's and how many of them are hemi's?-MATT

hemi68charger

Quote from: F8 69 CHARGER PUNK on December 17, 2005, 03:29:53 PM
how many people here own 1969 charger 500s? and how many of them are 440's and how many of them are hemi's?-MATT

T7 440 4speed........

Troy
Troy

WINGMAN

69_500

R4 red, 440 AT, white interior, white stripe.

You actually found a gentleman who is willing to possibly part with a Daytona for the HEMI car? You have gotta be kidding me. I passed on a 69 HEMI Charger Project car because I didn't think that even if it was restored i'd be able to trade it for a 500 or a Daytona.

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69_500 on December 18, 2005, 07:41:20 AM
R4 red, 440 AT, white interior, white stripe.

You actually found a gentleman who is willing to possibly part with a Daytona for the HEMI car? You have gotta be kidding me. I passed on a 69 HEMI Charger Project car because I didn't think that even if it was restored i'd be able to trade it for a 500 or a Daytona.

You referring to me?
Troy

jaak

Im 29 and the C500 has always been my favorite muscle car, more so than the Daytona, I don't know if it because the 500 is rarer or what. And I was excited when I got my New MM mag, I love c500's , The most affordable one i have ever seen was back about 6-7 years ago on Moparts It needed restoring of course, it did not have numbers matching engine, but did have a correct dated one (440) and it was an automatic and I believe it was F8 green if I remember correctly. It was 10,500 needing restoration, but was a complete car, I could not afford it at the time, hell i couldn't afford it now, I have been slowly restoring a 69 RT for about 4-5 years. I know I'll never have one, but I Keep my eye open for a good 68-70 Charger Body/ roller, because when I have the RT finished, I would like to build a c500 clone. BTW Troy your 500 is Bronze, Right? Thats one of my favorite colors.

69_500

Yeah Troy's 500 is a bronze car.

I misread your post, you found someone who is considering a trade of a project Daytona for Dana? Hmmmm, that would be a tough one for me. If i had a HEMI Charger and a 500, I"d be keeping the 500 and trying to trade the HEMI car for a wing car. But then again I am a stickler for the aero cars more so than for HEMI cars.

hemi68charger

Quote from: jaak on December 18, 2005, 01:27:54 PM
.... BTW Troy your 500 is Bronze, Right? Thats one of my favorite colors.

Yeap, T7 Dark Bronze with tan interior....

Danny........  The Daytona is far from a project.. It's a done 4-speed car....... I'd be trading Dana and the '68 Hemi Charger as it sits..... Now, if it gets to the point where I end up having it long enough to get her painted, then I'll try that route of trading the hemi car for a Daytona............

Troy
Troy

jaak

69_500

Well you know my thoughts on the question Troy. It doesn't take a brain scientist to say that I'd trade Dana and the HEMI Charger for a done Daytona. Hands down I'd do that in a heart beat. Yeah both cars together are probably worth more, but you know how badly I want a Daytona. So if it was me in your shoes, I"d be telling him to bring a trailer and trade me 2 for 1.

Ghoste

I don't know man.  I like the 500 better than the wing and when you have a Hemi RT beside it in your garage...
I think I'd be satisfied with those.

69_500

The 500's are definately growing on me. I'll admit I do like it more than a Superbird though. I would however give up the 500 in a heartbeat to get a Daytona. But I wouldn't trade it for a Superbird period. That is just me though.

Shakey

Quote from: Ghoste on December 20, 2005, 04:43:54 AM
I don't know man.   I like the 500 better than the wing and when you have a Hemi RT beside it in your garage...
I think I'd be satisfied with those.

:iagree:

Of course "to each his own" but I'd also rather have two of the most desirable muscle cars ever made than a Daytona!

Ghoste

I never was that crazy about Superbirds.  That is, in the grand Mopar scheme of things of course.  Naturally I think they're cool, I just mean there are so many Mopars that do it for me better.

chargervert

I have a Y2 500,that I'm going to finish off where Creative Industries left off,and build a Daytona from it! I will finish the job for them!