News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What is it worth 68 Charger

Started by Dragon Slayer, March 27, 2019, 10:35:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragon Slayer

I do not normally get involved with valuation questions, but was wondering from those that part out car what it could be worth.

68 Charger 318 car with PS/Power Drum/AC/Auto.  White with Black jumper seat interior.  VIN XP29.  Pretty clean except missing front end and a fender.  Other fender has a small cutout of rust.  Bottom half of quarters removed and needs trunk pan and some rails repaired.  Has a 413 motor complete.  Interior complete.  Glass in place and most trim.  Not a wrecked car, just worn out:-)  What is the going rate?  I know pictures would help  Supposedly some of the missing parts (front end, fender, and such stored separately).  Thank

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

alfaitalia

Can you buy ANY 68-70 Charger for 5-8k nowadays??
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

BrugeeRT

Mark

Dragon Slayer

Supposedly a running and driving car when put into storage.  Defunct shop had it.  So that is why some stuff removed and covered in primer.  Restoration/repair never completed.  Motor and drive line complete.  AC and all connected.  I guess I need to look more at the underneath to see how much corrosion on frame rails and such. 

cdr

Quote from: alfaitalia on March 27, 2019, 11:54:20 AM
Can you buy ANY 68-70 Charger for 5-8k nowadays??
missing front end and a fender. 
needs frame rails replaced
sounds like a rusty 5 to 8 k car to me , but what the fu-- do I know
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver

Homerr

Look at ebay completed sales?

Given the market, probably $15-20k since that seems to be a minimum.

cdr

ACUDANUT

70B5Cuda

Quote from: ACUDANUT on March 29, 2019, 01:57:32 PM
Holy Shit. 9k for that ?  :scratchchin:

It's been listed several times with the same pictures since it "sold" for $9K so that's why people assume shill bidders are involved. Although, the last couple Mopars I've sold on eBay have all been bid up strongly and the winning bidder never responds or ever shows up to even look at it in person. So when you relist it, everyone thinks its damaged or misrepresented. Selling on eBay is good exposure but most actual sales happen away from eBay so it's hard to tell.
1968 Roadrunner-6.1L, 6 speed, 3.91 Getrag, IRS
1968 Charger- 6.1L, TR-6060, 9"
1968 Charger in RR1 "Ribeye"
1969 Charger in EW1 "S'more"
1969 Charger Survivor-R6, 383, 727.....WRECKED
1970 Barracuda-6.1L, 6 speed, 4.10 S60

Dragon Slayer

Funny, it was a special order L6 car with AC, PS, PS Drum.  Granted sporting a V8 now.  I need to find out what parts are in storage.  Thanks for info.  Does seem like a lot of the Ebay cars pop back up after a sale.