News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

WIW 1975 Dart Sport !!UPDATE!! Got Something Better!!

Started by GreenMachine, January 22, 2009, 07:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

There's a running '75 Dart Sport for sale at my local salvage yard for $1200. It's an old man car so it's in very good original condition. A few dings here and there, small rust bubbles at the rear wheel wells. I believe it is original paint and still looks good. The vinyl top is removed, paint underneath is good. Slant 6 one barrel. Carpet needs replaced. It doesn't have a title, they want another $300 to get a title 42, or I get it myself but is a hassle.
  I really want an A body to eventually put a BB in but I'm not crazy about the Duster body style. I really want a '68 Dart, but those have been hard to find. Space is kind of a premium too, so I'm not sure if I should settle. On the other hand, a Grandpa fresh A body that could possibly grow on me. I guess what I'm asking is if I buy it and then decide I don't want it could I sell it and get my money back easily. I've searched completed autions on Ebay and now I'm even more confused. Sorry, no pics.
If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.

rt green

if your not crazy about it, hold out for the dart. there could be some hidden suprises with the duster. then what do you have? an unwanted money pit. my 2 cents
third string oil changer

BIRD67

My suggestion; Grab it before they scrap it! :2thumbs:
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign. -Number 6, The Prisoner

R.I.P. Matthew Fraser 4/30/10

69charger2002

it's not worth $1500 in my opinion in that condition. 75 dart's are still plentiful and stupid cheap. if you're not in love with it, don't get it to bank on getting your money back, you may not..  :Twocents:
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

GreenMachine

Thanks for the responses, I passed on it.

bull

I wouldn't buy a Dart unless it was '69 and older.

The70RT

Quote from: bull on January 31, 2009, 09:17:57 PM
I wouldn't buy a Dart unless it was '69 and older.

yeah and the 70 looks ok The Dart sports kinda cool too.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

89MOPAR

If you like the bodystyle of the dart sport you could get a better car for less money with the 71-76 style than the earlier ones [[ late 60's].   Maybe hold out for one with a console and buckets / factory 318 / 360.
A friend had a 75 duster 360 , nice car for the money, pretty quick , and would haze the tires at will with the stock motor.
  They 70's series do come with a better ride , bigger wheels and brakes.
  Depends if you want a lightweight dragstrip terror, or a mean + clean streetcar.

77 Ram-Charger SE factory 440 'Macho' package
03 Ram Hemi 4x4 Pickup
Noble M400
72 Satellite Sebring Plus +

elanmars

i was thinking of getting something along the lines of a duster/dart sport with a 318 or even a slant six for the gas mileage, since i go to school and it's 30 minutes each way, 4 days a week. adds up pretty fast!

not doable with a 400.
1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

GreenMachine

Well, I'm glad I held off. It took a while but I found my ideal A body. 1968 Dart GT. It has a console, bucket seats, V8, and I even like the color so a repaint will be easy. I bought it about a week ago and should have the 273 running by this weekend. The previous owner said it had a knock though (He parked it in 1995). That's not a problem though, I have a 440/727 ready to go in minus mounts, headers, and a strong enough rearend. It was alot cheaper than the '75 too. It needs a left fender and the only rust I've found so far is the right lower quarter aft of the wheel well.

RD

awesome!! i had one of those ( though in worse condition ).  wish i never sold it.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

GreenMachine

Quote from: RD on April 15, 2010, 12:27:39 AM
awesome!! i had one of those ( though in worse condition ).  wish i never sold it.

Yeah, congrats on your new purchase! My engine compartment looked almost like yours (filled to the top with leaves, twigs, and acorns). It took me awhile with a shop vac to get most of it out. Maybe we got our cars from the same guy, I'm not too far from Kansas. The guy I bought the Dart from was an Olds guy, he had a 1984 Hurst Olds for sale, so I checked it out on the way off his property. When I opened the door, the first thing I saw was a huge rat snake napping on the instrument cluster. That thing was 6 feet long!

bull

Magnumcharger

Looks like a HEMI-DART clone...just waiting to be done....!
I saw a good thread on Moparts recently where a guy was showing how to cut the rear quarter panels to Hemi-Dart specifications.
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

GreenMachine

Quote from: Magnumcharger on April 15, 2010, 09:34:28 AM
Looks like a HEMI-DART clone...just waiting to be done....!
I saw a good thread on Moparts recently where a guy was showing how to cut the rear quarter panels to Hemi-Dart specifications.

That's something I've been thinking about, I think the wheel openings on the Hemi Dart look more natural than stock.
If I do end up making a clone, it wouldn't be with a hemi (426 anyway). I can't see spending that much money on an engine when I can build a wedge for a third of the cost.
   I'll check out the Moparts thread, thanks. There's a guy on Ebay selling templates.

Magnumcharger

1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed