News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

In America it's English, learn it.

Started by 1969chargerrtse, April 28, 2010, 08:01:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twodko

After these brief messages from our sponsors....................

SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY.......be there!

For only $19.95!.......but wait there's more!

Have you had an auto accident? Call Shyster, Lowlife and Screwya for legal help NOW!

Tom

FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Ponch ®

Quote from: hemi68charger on May 04, 2010, 07:58:44 AM
Quote from: elacruze on May 03, 2010, 08:57:12 PM
Quote from: resq302 on May 03, 2010, 11:53:26 AM
Quote from: twodko on April 29, 2010, 11:18:40 AM
Lets be careful here guys. FWIW I believe if you want to live in this country play by the rules. Learn functional English, submit to a background check and take the legal path to becoming an American citizen. These things are no more than any of us would have to do immigrating to another country. We are all immigrants and the earliest humanoids came from the African continent....all of us.

Tom

I guess part of me that is Native American Indian would be the exception.

No, actually humans on the American continents migrated across what is now the Bering Straits from Asia.
Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Tom was eluding to a time in human history way before the migration of nomadic tribes across the Bering Strait.. In a time before people showed up in Asia.

Troy

Now back to the History Channel.....

so we're all African Americans? Right on...
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

hemi68charger

Quote from: Ponch ® on May 04, 2010, 12:23:46 PM
Quote from: hemi68charger on May 04, 2010, 07:58:44 AM
Quote from: elacruze on May 03, 2010, 08:57:12 PM
Quote from: resq302 on May 03, 2010, 11:53:26 AM
Quote from: twodko on April 29, 2010, 11:18:40 AM
Lets be careful here guys. FWIW I believe if you want to live in this country play by the rules. Learn functional English, submit to a background check and take the legal path to becoming an American citizen. These things are no more than any of us would have to do immigrating to another country. We are all immigrants and the earliest humanoids came from the African continent....all of us.

Tom

I guess part of me that is Native American Indian would be the exception.

No, actually humans on the American continents migrated across what is now the Bering Straits from Asia.
Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Tom was eluding to a time in human history way before the migration of nomadic tribes across the Bering Strait.. In a time before people showed up in Asia.

Troy

Now back to the History Channel.....

so we're all African Americans? Right on...

In a nutshell, yes........... Even the people of Babylon are....... Let's stop this one here before we go on a tangent concerning Creationism versus Evolution
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Nacho-RT74

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

RD

wow nacho.. you guys are large and in charge in venezuela too eh?  you are americans hehe
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Nacho-RT74

yes, definitelly LOL

this is a good one:

LOL
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html

Ponch ®

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on May 04, 2010, 05:09:52 PM
yes, definitelly LOL

this is a good one:

LOL

:lol:

it's kinda messed up tho...
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

200MPH

Charger

chargergirl

Iroquois+Scot+Napolitan+Sicilian+Saxon+Castillion Spanish=American Second Gen for the most part...Except my Grandfathers Mother who was full blood Iroquois. I spoke fluent Spanish and English until I was 4 years old. My Abuela (really my great grandmother) took care of me during the day and it was her primary language. I would translate and we never spoke Spanish in front of others...unless she was searching for the American word. I am one semester away from my degree in ESE K-12, with a Class 1 ESOL license. Immersion is amazing. We had a kindergarten class that had a NON-English speaking child. He learned so quickly and went back and taught his entire family as he was learning. By the end of the year, he spoke English, the entire class could speak conversational Spanish, and his parents were speaking and writing in English as well. (We would send notes back corrected with the appropriate phrasing on them...they were thrilled). We welcome all to this country that would have her back, speak the common language, and participate in the general populace as Americans. Do not shove your country in my face when you yourself do NOT want to live there. If it is so wrong, change it, we did...Welcome to America, learn the language, keep your culture, and make the dream happen!
Trust your Woobie!

Nacho-RT74

totally agree... and I think of us mostly are on that

but I keep what I said... is simply wrong use that politically on a campaign... well but we do know political stuff is dirty

twodko

What ChargerGirl said and early congrats on your degree..

Tom
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

RD

i truly see nothing wrong with the political message.  it only resembles much of the sentiment that many U.S. citizens feel in some way shape or form, but are oppressed into not saying our feelings due to the desire to be liked those around us.  Political correctness is the newest form of peer pressure in the United States.  To try so hard to "not" offend everyone has caused our culture to be weakened somewhat.

Every now and then, we need to stand firm to our ideals.  For that is what made this country great, not a weak immigration law that increases the frustrations of many responsible and taxpaying citizens like myself.  I, for one, am tired of paying for people who do not want to pay, but still want to live the "American" dream.  It is like them saying, "hey... we love all the benefits this country provides, but i just do not want to contribute to paying for them, but rather just use them to make my life better."

Sorry, there is no such thing as a free lunch.. someone always has to pay.  In this case, it is the "LEGALS".
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

chargergirl

Thanks Tom! RD I am with you. When my grandparents came here they found jobs. Grandfather rolled cigars in Tampa before they moved to New York. You have to support the country you live in while you make your dreams happen. I was raised by parents that were raised by parents that went through the depression. I was laughed about by friends cause the bird was not done until it was made into soup and jars were great containers for leftovers and for storing. (Now they want my recipes). I still do the same thing...now I'm green! I do not, nor will I ever, agree with people that attempt to shove their opinion down my throat. Zealots of any kind...other than MOPAR are not acceptable. Our country needs to stick to it's guns...speaking of which there is wind that the Attorney General is working on taking ours. :stirthepot: :stirthepot: :stirthepot: :pigsfly:
Trust your Woobie!

RD

if this country ends up like Australia... well i just dont think it will happen to be honest *fingers crossed*

Darkman

Quote from: RD on May 05, 2010, 10:22:48 PM
if this country ends up like Australia... well i just dont think it will happen to be honest *fingers crossed*

I just hope that you guys don't end up like us down here (it's bad enough that we have become more like the US  :nana:  :icon_smile_big: ) with our immigration laws and our soft stance on minority groups forcing their cultures on us. Like I said before, I am Croatian (damn proud of it too), but am an Australian Citizen and damn proud of that also! I (nor my family) do not go around pushing my culture on Australians (even though we are better than them  :smilielol: j/k). I have embraced the Australian Culture and respect her laws! After all, we chose to come here!
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

hemi68charger

I find it hypocritical of the Mexican President to publicly denounce the Arizona law when Mexico itself has HARSHER laws concerning illegal immigrants. There, illegals are not allow to bad-mouth the President, not allow to protest and to carry a foreign flag is considered a felony crime. Repeat offenders can get between 2 to 10 years prison time. Oh, let us not forget it's the law there that States are obligated to carry out Federal Law, ie, detain any illegal immigrant and act accordingly............. Soooooooo, Mr. Mexican President, Arizona's new law is good enough for you, but not us?  I'm tired of this social hemorrhaging.

AND NOW, illegal immigrants are whining that the Student Body Senate at Texas A&M is addressing the in-state tuition rate for illegals (Yes, illegal immigrants are eligible for the in-state tuition rate and GET it)...... Give me a break. The illegals got free high school, now they want reduced college tuition?!!  It ticks me off because I was a US citizen, served 4+ years at Carswell AFB, Ft. Worth, Texas,,,,, paid State taxes and when I got out and tried to go to school at the University of Houston, I had to paid the out-of-state tuition rate!!!!!!

I'm sorry, but the Constitution's protection of assembly to protest applies to US citizens......... Someone correct me if I'm wrong?

Man, I shouldn't have watched the news last night........  :RantExplode:
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

NHCharger

72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

hemi68charger

Quote from: NHCharger on May 06, 2010, 11:03:51 AM
Sad day in AMERICA when you can't wear the AMERICAN flag.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local-beat/Students-Wearing-American-Flag-Shirts-Sent-Home-92945969.html

I saw that !!!!!  Freakin' crazy.......... Instead of having to worry about the America Flag being worn, more emphasis should be placed on making sure the Mexican Flag isn't waved or brought on campus.........  Some people are abusing the 1st Amendment's provision of Freedom of Speech. I don't think the founding fathers envisioned people waving the British Flag on St. George Day....
Troy

Nacho-RT74

I can see two deals on that...

One is the stupidity of the Mexicans students being in USA and acclaiming respect for its holyday. WHAT THE HELL YOU ARE IN USA!!! make the party of your holyday, but respect the country you are!

then I think those students with USA flags are also pushing the situation because THEY KNOW about something was to happen.

so is part of both.

Arthu®

Quote from: 451-74Charger on April 30, 2010, 07:30:07 AM
Look at the Dutch,
I am told by a dutch friend that it is now a requirement in Holland due to the overwhelming immigration issues that all immigrant MUST learn Dutch.
I learned 3 languages in school and have never used them outside of the classroom.

Just to make sure that you guys stick to the facts in this argument, this is not entirely true. It's a complicated legal situation, but it comes down to the fact that you can not force a person to learn Dutch after that person has immigrated, because than he/she has the same legal status as every Dutch citizen (if he/she wouldn't that would be called discrimination). We do provide Dutch classes for all the immigrants whom are told it is somewhat mandatory in their integration process (but it's not legally binding).

Other than that I'm not touching this subject.

Arthur
Striving for world domination since 1986

451-74Charger

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local-beat/Students-Wearing-American-Flag-Shirts-Sent-Home-92945969.html

Actually, if you check, you will see there are proper etiquete to displaying the flag of the nation.
EG, it isnt allowed to touch the floor, or be made ito clothing, or flown below another nations flag on home soil....
i'll leave it there also

Ponch ®

Quote from: 451-74Charger on May 06, 2010, 02:30:18 PM

Actually, if you check, you will see there are proper etiquete to displaying the flag of the nation.
EG, it isnt allowed to touch the floor, or be made ito clothing, or flown below another nations flag on home soil....
i'll leave it there also

"You think anyone wants a roundhouse kick to the face while I'm wearing these bad boys?"

bull

Holy effing sheit! I can't believe what I just saw. That kind of crap right there is what causes nations to go to war. Utterly pathetic. If the VP of that school doesn't have his ass in a sling by the end of the day I'll be very, very surprised.

mauve66

Quote from: Ponch ® on May 03, 2010, 01:23:14 PM
No of course two wrongs don't make a right, but it just goes to illustrate how change is inevitable - for better or worse. Sometimes it's just simlply overstated.

thats what they said right before Rome fell also
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

bull

"We all want progress, but if you're on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; in that case, the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive."
- C. S. Lewis