News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

tire sizes

Started by mopar_madman, July 30, 2005, 07:18:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopar_madman

Hey guys, On my 73 I have 14" ralleys, what tire size for a 14" rim looks good on the car, if you have any pics would be appreciated. Thanks, John
1973 Dodge Charger
1968 Plymouth Road Runner
1971 Dodge Dart Swinger

Wakko

Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

MoparYoungGun

I just want to throw this out there. If you stick with 14" wheels your going to be very limited in your tire selection. I'm not saying your not going to be able to find a good tire/tire size but there just isn't a lot of demand for tires that fit 14" wheels anymore. Good luck :cheers: !

Ghoste

I tend to agree.  Even though I'm not a big fan of some of the big rims that are currently in vogue, I do like the look of 15's on our cars.  It sems to give them a much more aggressive look.

Chryco Psycho

you probably want a 235 /60 / 14 or possibly a 255/60/14 might fit

mopar_madman

Thanks for the replies guys, I believe they are 14/7's not looking for anything that fancy just something that looks good. What I have now is to small 215/60/14  Will upgrade to 15" in future.
1973 Dodge Charger
1971 Dodge Dart Swinger

NHCharger

Here's a pic of my 72 with 14" wheels. Tire size is P235/60R14. When I took this pic last winter the car was minus the gas tank, trunk lid, rear window, rear seat. Only side pic I could find. The rear sets a little lower with all the parts back on the car.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

mopar_madman

thanks for the pic, beautiful car by the way  :2thumbs:
1973 Dodge Charger
1971 Dodge Dart Swinger