News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Front spoiler for a 2nd Gen

Started by billschroeder5842, May 02, 2010, 05:25:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billschroeder5842

I have an old ad on my garage from Direct Connect "Turn your Pussycat into a Tiger" that advertises a cam shaft with a '69 featured in the ad.

the 69 has a front spoiler that has caught my eye. It looks like an old NASCAR variant.

Anyone know of a place where I can find a bolt on front spoiler for mine?

Thanks!
Texas Proud!

elacruze

Where's the picture of the poster?
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

bull

I believe some guys have modified those E-body spoilers (T/A and AAR?) to work on Chargers. Member Highbanked Hauler did it to his car (top pic below) but I don't know what he used for sure. I think others have used Camaro and Daytona spoilers. Member kcederwall08 has one too (bottom pic).

billschroeder5842

Looks like I'll just have to make one. I was hoping for a simple bolt on!
Texas Proud!

bull

Quote from: billschroeder5842 on May 04, 2010, 10:00:34 PM

I'd contact Highbanked Hauler and/or kcederwall08 and ask them what they did before you start spending money or sawing stuff. :Twocents:

xs29j8Bullitt

My triple black car had a small front spoiler when I bought the car... might put it back on one day.  Appeared to be an aftermarket piece, not home made...
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

SFRT

Camaro spoiler. 69 dollars. center strut bolts to the bottom of the rad support, two side struts bolt to the bottom of the fenders, 6 other bolts go throuhgt the bottom back flage of the valance. fits perfect out of the box. looks like it belongs.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Always Drive Responsibly

SFRT

slightly clearer here.

blasphemy, I know..but its only 69 bucks so if you whang it, you laugh and order another one. its very durable abs....been runnin mine for almost what 2 years it is fine.
Always Drive Responsibly

69bronzeT5

Exactly what Frank (SFRT) said.....'69 Camaro spoiler. I'm picking one up this week for $25 at a muscle car shop about 25 mins from my house. I'm getting a 'seconds' they call it because it has some cracks in the paint. New paint and bamn, good as new!
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1971 Charger R/T: B5 Blue 440 Automatic
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1970 GTO: 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: 340 Automatic

billschroeder5842

Thanks. Oooooo a GM piece on my Mopar. There might have to be some sort of exorcism to cast out the demons.

Is there a particular year for the camaro? Looks like a 67-69?

Thanks!
Texas Proud!

SFRT

my Charger is a slut. has a chevy spoiler and PS pump, a Ford solenoid and a Mercedes check valve in it.
Always Drive Responsibly

tan top

second owner put this one on over 25 years ago ! so i put it back after i done the resto  :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

chargerbr549

I have that direct connection ad also with the front spoiler on the 69 Charger, i've always wanted to do the front spoiler on my 69 Charger since it looks sweet, good info and pics!!

Kevin

billschroeder5842

I ordered a '69 Camero (!?!?!?!?!) front spoiler.

Feel the power of the Dark Side...
Texas Proud!

Patronus

this should have been done in private, with cigars
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

bull

What's cool about that Camaro spoiler is that it closely follows the pointed front end of a 2nd gen. so the look fits. Well, it probably follows the pointed front end of a Camaro too but, you get my drift...

SFRT

yes the peak on the spoiler pretty much matches the peak on the hood of the charger,plus the spoiler is not too big so it actually looks 'factory'...like, if you werent a charger nerd youd never think it didnt belong.
Always Drive Responsibly

69*F5*SE

Wow, a 69 Camaro chin spoiler.  Looks very cool to me.   :coolgleamA:

JR

I run a 69 camaro spoiler on my 70. I love it. Installs in 5 min with some self tapping screws. It's easily replaceable and flexable plastic so occasionally bumping curbs wont destroy it. I've already cracked mine clean in 2 by pulling the car on a trailer. I could care less though, it's a piece of plastic made for a chevy. It's easily repaired or replaced.

I say go for it!

Here's mine.
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

HOTROD

MAS  - HAS ONE FOR A 68/69 ROAD RUNNER ?? HAVE NO PIC'S . :Twocents:
What the Hell-Dumass !

ACUDANUT

Quote from: JR on May 10, 2010, 05:25:34 PM
I run a 69 camaro spoiler on my 70. I love it. Installs in 5 min with some self tapping screws. It's easily replaceable and flexable plastic so occasionally bumping curbs wont destroy it. I've already cracked mine clean in 2 by pulling the car on a trailer. I could care less though, it's a piece of plastic made for a chevy. It's easily repaired or replaced.

I say go for it!

Here's mine.
I can't see it on that 70 ?   :shruggy:

billschroeder5842

Here is the finished project....I'm pretty happy with the out come although my particular spoiler did not "bolt right up." I was a bit of fiddeling but no big deal.

I like the "go fast look" Plus it adds something to the fiberglass six pak hood. Teenagers are still stumped as to what it is. "You mean a Charger once came with TWO doors?"

Texas Proud!

JR

This might be a clearer pic Cudanut. Here's a shot after I've already split the lip in two, but it's there. Battlescars and all.

70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

68X426

Quote from: HOTROD on May 10, 2010, 05:44:44 PM
MAS  - HAS ONE FOR A 68/69 ROAD RUNNER ?? HAVE NO PIC'S . :Twocents:

Yes, MAS Racing had one for 68-69 various B-Bodies. And for A-s and E-s. Don't know if they had a specific Charger model.

I say had because MAS is out of business. The inventory was sold to CA Performance in Minnesota. CA Performance still has some pieces, which includes the Road Runner. It is fiberglass, not plastic, and doesn't have struts involved. $49 with +/- $20 SH.

I simply could not live on this planet if I put a Chevy part on my Mopar. :coocoo: So I ordered one from CA and hope to get put on next month. Hope it's not a waste of money. I'll post pics.

Their number is 651-739-2904. Lousy website but real good phone service.

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: bull on May 04, 2010, 10:09:48 PM
Quote from: billschroeder5842 on May 04, 2010, 10:00:34 PM

I'd contact Highbanked Hauler and/or kcederwall08 and ask them what they did before you start spending money or sawing stuff. :Twocents:
I made mine and it was a giant PITA  and I would recommend buying one if you can.
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser