News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Front spoiler for a 2nd Gen

Started by billschroeder5842, May 02, 2010, 05:25:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HOTROD

Quote from: 68X426 on May 11, 2010, 12:05:12 AM
Quote from: HOTROD on May 10, 2010, 05:44:44 PM
MAS  - HAS ONE FOR A 68/69 ROAD RUNNER ?? HAVE NO PIC'S . :Twocents:

Yes, MAS Racing had one for 68-69 various B-Bodies. And for A-s and E-s. Don't know if they had a specific Charger model.

I say had because MAS is out of business. The inventory was sold to CA Performance in Minnesota. CA Performance still has some pieces, which includes the Road Runner. It is fiberglass, not plastic, and doesn't have struts involved. $49 with +/- $20 SH.
I simply could not live on this planet if I put a Chevy part on my Mopar. :coocoo: So I ordered one from CA and hope to get put on next month. Hope it's not a waste of money. I'll post pics.

Their number is 651-739-2904. Lousy website but real good phone service.

What the Hell-Dumass !

TexasStroker

Cool stuff.  I'm not surprised MAS went out..they had the same ad in every magazine, but never really did much with their website.  Looked like they had some bargain pieces at decent prices...I had always hoped they would have cranked out a gull wing...

I'm looking forward to actually seeing the B-body version you get in and how it installs etc. 

Please keep us posted!
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

HITMAN 149

i have my front (69 camaro) spoiler in the box in the garage... just waitin for that time of the resto!!!!!!!!
and here's prob our most famous front spoiler charger on the site!! our verrrrry own MR ANGRY!!! wow cody i can't believe you didn't post up a pic of mikes car!! lmao  :nana:
:2thumbs:
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

Patronus

that looks a might-bit bigger than the Chevy spoiler, where would procurement procedures begin?
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

HOTROD

What the Hell-Dumass !

68X426

Quote from: 68X426 on May 11, 2010, 12:05:12 AM
Quote from: HOTROD on May 10, 2010, 05:44:44 PM
MAS  - HAS ONE FOR A 68/69 ROAD RUNNER ?? HAVE NO PIC'S . :Twocents:

Yes, MAS Racing had one for 68-69 various B-Bodies. And for A-s and E-s. Don't know if they had a specific Charger model.

I say had because MAS is out of business. The inventory was sold to CA Performance in Minnesota. CA Performance still has some pieces, which includes the Road Runner. It is fiberglass, not plastic, and doesn't have struts involved. $49 with +/- $20 SH.

I simply could not live on this planet if I put a Chevy part on my Mopar. :coocoo: So I ordered one from CA and hope to get put on next month. Hope it's not a waste of money. I'll post pics.

Their number is 651-739-2904. Lousy website but real good phone service.

Never mind. No longer available. After a 3 week wait and lots of phone calls (me calling them, them not following up), CA no longer has the molds for the spoilers. They are "broken".

So I'll just gouge out one eye ball and order up one of those Camaro spoilers.

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Back N Black

Added a front spoiler today, i think it looks good.

TexasStroker

I like the look...

And since it was modified you technically have that ace up your sleeve for naysayers, sort of the "universal" part that you always have to modify to make it "universal" enough for anything Chrysler.  I'm sure you'll catch flack for it, but not from me!

I might look into doing this once I get the front valance straightened out...it will give people more to gripe about on the front end aside from the grille  :icon_smile_big:  I really think it will set off the color scheme!
www.lonestarmopars.com
Contact me for info!

ChargerST

I like it! Is it a Camaro spoiler (what year)? The one on Mr. Angry looks much bigger than yours.

doctor4766

Just went to a guy's place this morning who had both a 68 and a 69 Camaro spoiler on the shelf.
Tried both up against the car and the 69 spoiler was a lower profile, so ended up fitting the 68 one about an hour or so ago.
Looks ok to me.

Gotta love a '69

I'd like to see you mount the push bar at the same time  :lol:

doctor4766

Hmm yeah, never thought about that, but it's only a few screws to remove if I ever decide to do that again.
Gotta love a '69

Fred

Quote from: doctor4766 on September 10, 2011, 01:32:25 AM
Just went to a guy's place this morning who had both a 68 and a 69 Camaro spoiler on the shelf.
Tried both up against the car and the 69 spoiler was a lower profile, so ended up fitting the 68 one about an hour or so ago.
Looks ok to me.

Sorry Mate, what do you mean by lower profile? I want to fit one to my Charger too but want to get the one that looks and fits best.   :shruggy:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

doctor4766

As in, the 69 spoiler doesnt hang down quite as much. It's not a lot of difference though... maybe 10-15mm?
Gotta love a '69

b5blue

Hey guys I like the look also but back in the day we called them an "Air dam", the one I remember came down with less forward angle and was wider.

Fred

Quote from: doctor4766 on September 11, 2011, 04:50:48 AM
As in, the 69 spoiler doesnt hang down quite as much. It's not a lot of difference though... maybe 10-15mm?
Thanks for that, I've decided to go with the 69 spoiler. Just a question now of finding one locally. :2thumbs:

doctor4766

Quote from: Fred on September 11, 2011, 08:57:53 PM
Thanks for that, I've decided to go with the 69 spoiler. Just a question now of finding one locally. :2thumbs:
Where you at?
Gotta love a '69

Fred

Quote from: doctor4766 on September 12, 2011, 03:35:55 AM
Quote from: Fred on September 11, 2011, 08:57:53 PM
Where you at?
Melbourne. :cheers:

doctor4766

Shouldn't be too hard. There's plenty of Chev parts suppliers around the country.
Gotta love a '69

Fred

Quote from: doctor4766 on September 12, 2011, 05:39:43 PM
Shouldn't be too hard. There's plenty of Chev parts suppliers around the country.
no worries mate. :2thumbs:

Budnicks

There is or was anyway a company Spoilersbyrandy.com that sells hand built RR & Charger front spoilers I have no idea on prices & have no photos though, just ran across the site some time ago... No endorsements just info...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

TexasStroker

Looks great doctor4766, I'm still waiting on the XV rad brace or I'd have mine done as well...Didn't realize there was a difference between the 68 and 69 spoilers, not that I have invested much time in it, haha.

And I believe 1 or 2 members here have pics in a similar thread with the spoiler they got from Randy.  I think his were all steel, so you can go that route, or just scrap and replace the gm repops.
www.lonestarmopars.com
Contact me for info!

doctor4766

Quote from: TexasStroker on September 14, 2011, 10:32:28 PM
Looks great doctor4766, I'm still waiting on the XV rad brace or I'd have mine done as well...Didn't realize there was a difference between the 68 and 69 spoilers, not that I have invested much time in it, haha.

And I believe 1 or 2 members here have pics in a similar thread with the spoiler they got from Randy.  I think his were all steel, so you can go that route, or just scrap and replace the gm repops.
I can only vouch for the difference by the two that I looked at.
I don't even know if they were factory correct for the years the guy told me they fitted but none the less, one was a little shorter.
Gotta love a '69

TexasStroker

I've never known of a difference, but I don't really pay attn to camaros, lol.  Thanks for the insight though, hopefully some others will take that into consideration and maybe get to the bottom of it.  It very well could be a minor differene in the mold from one company to the next...I would personally like the longer one like you selected.
www.lonestarmopars.com
Contact me for info!

Patronus

Great info there, going to try the '68 as well! Have you seen how cheap these things are on ebay!!?! $20!!
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE