News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Front spoiler for a 2nd Gen

Started by billschroeder5842, May 02, 2010, 05:25:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargermike

no chevy spoiler on my mopar. i have a charger spoiler. got it off e-bay. some guy in ariz. makes them. fits side to side and is formed around the turn signals and bolted right on in a couple of minutes. and unbolts real quick in case of towing. made of fiberglass. looks great. would post a pic but to hard on this site. not a computer guy. very happy with mine. makes the front end look nice.

Fred

Quote from: chargermike on September 16, 2011, 02:28:26 AM
no chevy spoiler on my mopar. i have a charger spoiler. got it off e-bay. some guy in ariz. makes them. fits side to side and is formed around the turn signals and bolted right on in a couple of minutes. and unbolts real quick in case of towing. made of fiberglass. looks great. would post a pic but to hard on this site. not a computer guy. very happy with mine. makes the front end look nice.

Very interested.
More info please and maybe a picture. I'd like to see it before I buy the Camaro spoiler. I too would prefer to keep it all mopar.
:2thumbs:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Dino

If the picture is only a few hundred kb feel free to email it to me and I'll post it here.  I'm on dialup at home so can't accept large pics, maybe other users here with broadband can accept a bigger pic.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

mauve66

the 68 and mr. angry one looks more useful for directing the air,  wonder what the purists would think when i'm done with the front and back "spoilers"???? :coolgleamA:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

b5blue

I'd like to see that one for sure, can you give us his info?  :2thumbs:

chargermike

i have a video on the facebook page. and willmpost some pics on there. easy to do on there

ChargerST

Is this your Charger?

Patronus

'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

ChargerST

@ chargermike: do you have a contact info of that Arizona guy? No spoilers on ebay and I can't remember seeing them on ebay either.

Patronus

Im pretty sure it was years ago... I keep threatening to reproduce a few one day.
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Fred

Hi Guys,
Fitted my front spoiler yesterday. I opted for the 69 camaro. It works for me.
Here are some pics for you.

johnnycharger

Okay so call me dense; I just dont get it. Is there any performance improvements by adding the spoiler or you just doing it for the  looks? If it is strictly looks; it would be cool to see some" before" and" after" pics.  Just the after pics look good, but the before also will give good comparison.  :Twocents:

Fred

ok, it does two things.
firstly it eliminates that floating feeling and keeps it more stable at high speed.
And secondly it hides the radiator support plus the stabiliser bar and in my opinion,  just makes the car look more complete.
I'm including a before pic for you so that you can see the difference.

Hemidog

johnnycharger

Hi Fred,
thanks for the info. Having the before pic is great. Now I can see what it is covering. The "after" does look more complete and finished by having the spoiler on it.  :2thumbs:

mauve66

if done right the front spoiler will direct air into the radiator and around the edges of the car to minimize the air that gets under the car at "higher than Grandma speeds"
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Fred

Quote from: johnnycharger on September 23, 2011, 07:36:44 AM
Hi Fred,
thanks for the info. Having the before pic is great. Now I can see what it is covering. The "after" does look more complete and finished by having the spoiler on it.  :2thumbs:

No worries mate.

Fred

TexasStroker

Looks great Fred!

Here is the link to what I believe a few of you are looking for:

http://spoilersbyrandy.com/6869Chargerspoiler.aspx

You can see it installed on a 68.  The main difference is they run the full length, although they don't seem as "tall" just from the pics. 
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

RKCHARGER

Just bought one for myself!!!!!  45 bucks shipped on ebay from tamrazs parts discount!  I like the spoilers by randy one as well but its only 1.5inches wider but  3x the cost, that means I can buy and break 3 for the pice of one!!!!   :icon_smile_wink:

b5blue

Would the "true" Superbird one work on a Charger?  :scratchchin:

Patronus

I would do Randy's, its just not wide enough. I like its length tho, looks better than the camaro one. Maybe he'll do some like 5" wide?
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

speedfreak68

Hey Highbanks, do you have any pictures of it with the hood closed? I'd really like to see a couple angles of it also.
Thanks

Purple68

Thats my car on Randys website. I like the spoiler as it is, I know it might look a little meaner if it was dropped down lower, but I'm worried about dragging it entering driveways etc. even as it is. I'd say it definatly helps the high speed manners as well as looking cool.

Fred

Quote from: TexasStroker on September 26, 2011, 02:39:59 PM
Looks great Fred!

Here is the link to what I believe a few of you are looking for:

http://spoilersbyrandy.com/6869Chargerspoiler.aspx

You can see it installed on a 68.  The main difference is they run the full length, although they don't seem as "tall" just from the pics.  

Thanks TexasStroker, I'm happy with it.
Checked out Randy's and I've got to say that does look good.