News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Front spoiler for a 2nd Gen

Started by billschroeder5842, May 02, 2010, 05:25:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fred

Quote from: Purple68 on September 26, 2011, 10:43:00 PM
Thats my car on Randys website. I like the spoiler as it is, I know it might look a little meaner if it was dropped down lower, but I'm worried about dragging it entering driveways etc. even as it is. I'd say it definatly helps the high speed manners as well as looking cool.

:2thumbs: looks good. No need to go any lower, as you say, it will only create problems.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

TexasStroker

I ordered a 68 today...I think they are in fact longer, although they never give dimensions on the sites I was on...I saw (2) 68 camaros and (1) 69 at the Hooter's show this Sunday and the 68s were noticeably longer...

Fear not, I didn't look long enough to turn to stone, just to capture the image, haha.

My thoughts are I will get it in, see how it looks, and then go from there.  Classic has a 20% off sale right now so it wasn't too big of a hit.  If I don't like it, I'll try Randy's, if I like it and it scrapes, I'll consider the 69, if I like it as is and break it, I can get a new one...the price is cheap enough.  I think they give a nice look to the front of the car.

That one does look good on your Charger purple68!
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

Fred

You know, they all look pretty good and they do the job. In the end it just comes down to personal preference.

doctor4766

Yours looks great Fred.
Im overseas at the moment but when I get back on the weekend I think Im gonna have to take the Charger for a blast to check out the new aerodynamics!
Im having withdrawal symptoms real bad. Near on two weeks since Ive driven ANYTHING
Gotta love a '69

Brass

I like how the Camaro spoiler lines up with the indicators.  Looks clean and sharp.  They help as described but I have to guess that they cost a little in MPG too.  (Not that it matters much.)  Here's mine w/ a 69 one.

Fred

Quote from: doctor4766 on September 27, 2011, 05:45:06 AM
Yours looks great Fred.
Im overseas at the moment but when I get back on the weekend I think Im gonna have to take the Charger for a blast to check out the new aerodynamics!
Im having withdrawal symptoms real bad. Near on two weeks since Ive driven ANYTHING

Thanks Doc.
As for the other, I know where you're coming from. I get jittery if I can't drive mine at least once a week.

RKCHARGER

So I got my spoiler in today (68 Camaro) but I for got to buy the mounting kit. Do i even need it? Did anyone else ues the camero mounting kit for thier charger?

TexasStroker

Mine will be here tomorrow, I bet you can get by without it...I just got it so I'd have the reinforcement brackets and would see if they line-up...if not I'll modify.  I think you can mount it just fine without the kit, these weren't intended for Chargers anyway.

I don't know if I'll put mine on yet, I wanted the valance straightened and I've been waiting for a "good" batch of XV lower rad braces before pulling the valance panel (oh and I can install those 12 year old "new" parking light lenses when this all happens, lol).

I'll unbox it (assuming I get it) and try sometime this weekend to see how things line up....I'll post back what  I find out.  More than likely you'll have your spoiler mounted by then, but I suppose it might help someone.
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

RKCHARGER

:2thumbs: I'll get mine on soon!  Let me know how it goes.

Fred

Quote from: RKCHARGER on September 29, 2011, 03:45:37 PM
So I got my spoiler in today (68 Camaro) but I for got to buy the mounting kit. Do i even need it? Did anyone else ues the camero mounting kit for thier charger?

My mounting kit came with the spoiler so I did use it but I also had to modify the brackets (cut and reweld) to make them fit.
Otherwise you can always make up your own brackets.

RKCHARGER

I think I will go ahead and fab my own! :icon_smile_big: Hopefully i dont mess it up lol  :nana:

Hemidog

Quote from: RKCHARGER on September 29, 2011, 03:45:37 PM
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,78187.msg878430.html#msg878430

tracpack440

I got my camaro front spoiler the other day. Wow it looks good. I was thinking about painting it body color but i think black still looks better.   :icon_smile_big:
Here are a couple of pics.

1969 Charger  R/T SE 4 spd dana

ChargerST

I like it! What's the wheel/tire combo?

tracpack440

Hi. The front tires are   15x7  235/60/15   , rear  15x10  295/50/15.

Fred

billschroeder5842

I've had mine on for a while and I'd say to keep it black. Painting it would make it "Euro" and the next thing you will want to do is paint the grill and bumpers matching colors.

Just say Nine.
Texas Proud!

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

tracpack440

Kern Dog

Many of these pictures are taken with the front end in the shade. Didn't you guys take Photography in school? Look at any car magazine for tips on how to take a picture.   L I G H T is your friend.

Fred

Quote from: tracpack440 on December 02, 2011, 11:18:54 PM
I will paint it satin black.

But if you paint it you will have issues with stone chips being noticable and you will be painting it all the time. Just food for thought.

ACUDANUT

Quote from: Red 70 R/T 493 on December 16, 2011, 10:28:05 PM
Many of these pictures are taken with the front end in the shade. Didn't you guys take Photography in school? Look at any car magazine for tips on how to take a picture.   L I G H T is your friend.

Agreed.
            Although I never took any such silly classes.  Seriously guys, you can't see the spoilers if you take pic's in the shade...USE SOME SUN OR GET SOME LIGHT. :slap:

Kern Dog

Anyone else interested in putting one of these on your car?
I'm ready. I doubt that they would reduce fuel economy, but possibly improve it. Anything that you can do to direct air around the car rather than underneath it should help. This spoiler also should help improve cooling, since it will direct some of the oncoming air up and through the grille.

Kern Dog

I bought one yesterday. $37 with tax.
It looks like it matches the contours of the valance pretty well. Since my car is a 70, I will have to cut the outer edges a little to fit around the bulges for the turn signal/parking lamps.

tan top

Quote from: Red 70 R/T 493 on June 03, 2012, 12:00:46 AM
I bought one yesterday. $37 with tax.
It looks like it matches the contours of the valance pretty well. Since my car is a 70, I will have to cut the outer edges a little to fit around the bulges for the turn signal/parking lamps.

:coolgleamA:   did you buy a Camero one ?
:popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html