News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Modified spoilers, lets see em

Started by motorcitydak, May 02, 2010, 01:13:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

motorcitydak

Id like to see any cars with a modified rear spoiler. I am going to have to do something to mine to get more down force out of my car. I am thinking about 2 inches up or so. I know I have seen a few with bigger spoilers but cannot find the pics. I would like to avoid putting a wing on the back of the car so this is the other option
96 Dakota, custom everything 4x4, 5.7 HEMI
'68 charger project
[OO!!!!!!!!!OO]

Ghoste

More down force?  Dayumm, how fast are you planning to drive that thing?

elacruze

I'm interested too, but only for looks (sure) I have a spare trunk lid, I thought maybe just a flat aluminum spoiler riveted to the trunklid rear face.

Chin spoilers too, and air dams on 2nd gens...
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

68 CHARGER R/T

found one  . lol  :icon_smile_big:

elacruze

1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

Patronus

Im thinking something like...
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

b5blue

How about a T/A or ARR spoiler on the trunk lip?  :scratchchin: Photo shop anyone?

Big Sugar

Quote from: Patronus on May 02, 2010, 09:29:49 AM
Im thinking something like...

That's a Steve Strope Charger (Pure Vision) I think that Charger is pretty Sweet, Nice Subtle paint scheme,Enough Originality , with a bit of Street fighter.

Ron

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

MoparManJim

Quote from: 68 CHARGER R/T on May 02, 2010, 02:33:28 AM
found one  . lol  :icon_smile_big:

:o WTF?!  :slap:  

The spoiler and all put together is about big as the dang car is maybe bigger!  :smilielol: :smilielol:  

motorcitydak

Quote from: Ghoste on May 02, 2010, 01:28:17 AM
More down force?  Dayumm, how fast are you planning to drive that thing?

It has to get up to ludicrous speed, Id like it to be able to hit 180 or so. I am also not using the stock fuel tank because I will be building a rear diffuser. Front splitter also and a smoothed out belly
'68 charger project
[OO!!!!!!!!!OO]

Highbanked Hauler

Hey, Where are you going to run 180?  I have a 6"spoiler on the front of my 500 and at 120 I don't feel any difference but the car settles down at about 120 so its hard to tell for sure.It doesn't run any cooler either. :Twocents:
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

six-tee-nine

180   you talking about miles/hour then?  You really gonna do that with a 60's muscle car?  You have some serious balls then.....
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

russg

This article will interest you, Hot Rod did an article on a 68 that was built for approx 200 mph in the unlimited division of the Silver State classic, follow link for more pics and article, though I don't know how they did it with that big parachute on the hood.....

http://www.hotrod.com/featuredvehicles/45098_1968_dodge_charger/index.html

By russg at 2010-05-03

By russg at 2010-05-03

73 Charger SE, 383, Headman headers, Holley 670 SA, Flowmaster Super 44's

motorcitydak

Im not exactly sure when I will be able to hit those speeds. Maybe I can convince Chrysler to let me hit the Chelsea proving ground like they did with the super cuda, that is not too far from me. Id love for the car to be able to do 200 but I dunno if that will happen. I just want it to be safer at high speeds and look cool doing it.

Yep, Im talking mph. Like Ricky Bobby says, "I wanna go fast!"

Russg, thank you so much for posting that up. I saw that picture a few months ago but could never find anything else about it. I had that pic as my background but had no idea that there was an article about it.

Ive been considering building something like that that I can put on over the grill to help out the aerodynamics when I want to hit the high speeds. I saw that they taped off most of the grill on the super cuda when it hit 200
'68 charger project
[OO!!!!!!!!!OO]

kcederwall08

I've also thought about doing a diffuser & spoiler setup on my car. It seems like it would be pretty easy to mount considering it would sit nice and flat against the gas tank.

Also, do you need the downforce for oval track racing? I only ask because any increase in downforce is also an increase of drag, so there wouldn't be a huge advantage to aero on the straights, other than making the car mores stable.

make sure to post pics if you make anything!