News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Metal & Fiberglass Wing Car Parts To Be Replaced.....

Started by Old Moparz, December 14, 2005, 12:46:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Moparz

With Plywood & Wax.

I've decided to invest some extra money in a small company to make wing car parts. They won't use fiberglass or metal in hopes of eliminating the ongoing argument of which material is better. Extensive testing has already been done, & the use of marine grade plywood with a special exterior wax that NASA uses to coat air ducts will protect it from splintering at speeds above 200 MPH. Wind tunnel tests have been done by an independent agency, & integrity has been proven up to 212 MPH before saw dust was evident. None of the staff got any splinters either.

I already have both fiberglass & metal parts for my Daytona project car, but they will be used as molds for the new products so I won't have them for some time. My friend agreed to dismantle his 15,350 mile survivor Superbird so the Plymouth version is covered too. I was promised I'd get them back after the patterns were done, so I will be patient. I didn't know wing car, parts patterns can be made from old towels & a singer sewing machine, & I was quite surprised. The computerized system will duplicate the parts to within 7 to 8 inch accuracy, which kind of seems a bit much, but for a 50 foot car it should be adequate. (I know helpgame will be all over these parts.)

I think there's room in this vast & endless, wing car, parts market for yet another company making repro wing car parts. Especially one that will be priced way below the current manufacturers with a far superior product. This investment will be small compared to the return I expect to see. I'll probably cash in my 401K to help get this off the ground, so maybe by the time I retire I will have made a few dollars more on top of it. The good thing about using plywood & wax, is that I have plenty of wood working tools & varnishes to finish it. I'd hate to think all the saw blades & wood screws I have would never be used.

I also won't have to buy any body shop tools, or ask Drop Top & Cuda Ken a bunch of goofy questions. I can just tape the episodes of This Old House & get all I need from there. I might have to get a phone number for Terminex though.   :shruggy:   Anybody else in on this?

Dayclona, Janak & their promotional staff need not apply or post.   :D
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

'CUDA360

Thought about doing any 'CUDA parts in that ?

I think a marine plywood/wax AAR hood would be spiffy...

Old Moparz

I'll ask him about what he thinks of a possible market for Cuda stuff the next time I see him at the car wash. I'll have to wait until when he's done vacuuming out my trunk, he got yelled at last time.   :2thumbs:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

'CUDA360

chargervert

Good Idea,Bob,Maybe it will help wingcars become more boyant! Like a boat! :icon_smile_big:

RD

67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

hemigeno

:smilielol: :smilielol: :bow: :cheers:

The sad part about this whole thread is that I understood why Bob posted that...

hotrod98

Bob,
I think your parts will be better than everyone else's.
Larry
hotrod98

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

i built a wing out of wood and resin in the late 80's. came out pretty good too
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

beedees

Burlap and flour-paste works outstanding, too. Who needs fiberglass?

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701