News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Does anyone know of this Superbird found in Belleville Michigan?? Barn find

Started by mybluebird, May 23, 2010, 08:22:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mybluebird

Quote from: nascarxx29 on May 26, 2010, 12:00:02 PM
Quote from: mybluebird on May 26, 2010, 11:55:47 AM
Quote from: nascarxx29 on May 26, 2010, 11:49:40 AM
You got one of those cars off the radar screen .A friend of mine bought a superbird in 1971-1972 owned by a guy who had a race team the Knight brothers from Albany GA that raced superbirds.He got his car off them .It was a unknown to the clubs low mileage car.

Im al little lost.. Are you saying there is a slight possibility that that car could be our car?
No this a different vin and a known car that lived near me.Your is probably long off the radar screen to the clubs as the vin 641 is showing a Mi car nothing on 642 .And something on 643 is recorded.But 642 doesnt show up as far back as club 79 records

So I cut these off the Bird not long ago. These are exactally like I cut the off. This was hands down the loudest back fire I have ever heard. I wasnt even sure a car could make this much noise. And to make things worse I was under a loft indoors! When they went bang it looked like a coal mine shaft fell in it was soo black with dust haha. This happened at 7 in the morning and my ears rang until I went to bed that night. Everyone that heard it was in a daze for about 5 minutes haha. So just so yall know this is what can happen if your balist resistor goes bad and you keep cranken haha. The sign is you can crank and crank and crank but no fire and when you stop cranken it wants to fire or fires... STOP THEN haha!! Just thought ud get a kick out of my hearing loss..

mybluebird

Quote from: mybluebird on May 29, 2010, 11:05:27 AM
You got one of those cars off the radar screen .A friend of mine bought a superbird in 1971-1972 owned by a guy who had a race team the Knight brothers from Albany GA that raced superbirds.He got his car off them .It was a unknown to the clubs low mileage car.

Im al little lost.. Are you saying there is a slight possibility that that car could be our car?
No this a different vin and a known car that lived near me.Your is probably long off the radar screen to the clubs as the vin 641 is showing a Mi car nothing on 642 .And something on 643 is recorded.But 642 doesnt show up as far back as club 79 records

So I cut these off the Bird not long ago. These are exactally like I cut the off. This was hands down the loudest back fire I have ever heard. I wasnt even sure a car could make this much noise. And to make things worse I was under a loft indoors! When they went bang it looked like a coal mine shaft fell in it was soo black with dust haha. This happened at 7 in the morning and my ears rang until I went to bed that night. Everyone that heard it was in a daze for about 5 minutes haha. So just so yall know this is what can happen if your balist resistor goes bad and you keep cranken haha. The sign is you can crank and crank and crank but no fire and when you stop cranken it wants to fire or fires... STOP THEN haha!! Just thought ud get a kick out of my hearing loss..

Does anyone know of any DMV in Michigan or data base I may find this VIN NO. in?? Any phone numbers to help? I still have not a thing on this car. Thanks for the help guys!

Larry

nascarxx29

I guess try calling you area MI DMV and see what records are availabe.Thru their historical title search resource.If they offer this service for 70s cars
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

elacruze

All road-related paperwork goes through the Michigan Secretary of State-

http://www.michigan.gov/sos/0,1607,7-127-1627_8996-107635--,00.html

"Driving and vehicle records can be purchased through the Record Lookup Unit at the Secondary Complex, 7064 Crowner Drive, Lansing, MI 48918-1502.  If you do not have an account with the Department of State, you must complete a record request form each time you request a record.  Each record is $7 and must be paid in advance with a check, money order or credit card (Discover, MasterCard or Visa).  A certified copy of a driving or vehicle record is available for an additional $1 fee."
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

C5X DAYTONA

Quote from: mybluebird on May 29, 2010, 11:05:27 AM

Larry,  If you are cranking on the car and it does not start, it's not the ballast resistor.  The ballest resistor is bypassed when you are cranking on it.  (hint, the side that has 2 wires is the one from the ignition switch start mode and the other wire is going to the coil.  The other side of the ballast is energized when the key is in the run position.) If you let the key go and it starts the resistor is good.  Check your ignition switch.  The (Start) wire.  If you go to start the car and it starts and then you let the key go and it dyes,  well than that is  the ballast.   Also some more mopar auto 101,  , stop pumping fuel in the exhaust system next time..  If you continue to try to blow up the bird you will find it missing.....   :-)~
Caution.... Low flying aircraft.

4cruzin

Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

mybluebird

Quote from: 4cruzin on June 23, 2010, 10:48:10 AM
I believe Michigan records only go back 10 years.   ::)

Haha I need to get you to talk to some mechanics, I spoke with three and all said that was a symptom of a bad ballast resistor!

P.S. send me ur cuda leads! Oh, and buy my charger..

C5X DAYTONA

Quote from: mybluebird on June 26, 2010, 12:38:47 AM
Quote from: 4cruzin on June 23, 2010, 10:48:10 AM
I believe Michigan records only go back 10 years.   ::)

Haha I need to get you to talk to some mechanics, I spoke with three and all said that was a symptom of a bad ballast resistor!

P.S. send me ur cuda leads! Oh, and buy my charger..
That is your problem...  Talking to mechanics....  Dude,  You know more than most....
Caution.... Low flying aircraft.

mauve66

with the current privacy laws i doubt they will give you any info on previous owners without help from a law enforcement officer on the paperwork
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

mybluebird

charge-it

Quote from: nascarxx29 on May 25, 2010, 10:22:31 AM
Not the car I was looking for .But found another reference to a yellow superbird with a hemi added back in the day
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,68633.0.html

Re: Found picture wingcar and another wingcar in tow
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 06:44:33 PM » Quote  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The white 'Bird is my Hemibird.  A friend from Maine finished his yellow 'bird and brought it to Carlise a couple years ago.  He stopped in Ct. and picked my car up on the way.  The yellow 'Bird has a Hemi in it, but it was dealer installed in 1970.
                                 Wingnut

The guy that owns the yellow Hemi bird is a good friend of mine. I would have to see proof of the Hemi being dealer installed...
Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com

mybluebird

Ok, a little piece dies inside of me every day that goes by because I know Im one day closer to the impossibility of finding these past owners or photos of the car :( Hard to untic a clock

WINGIN IT

Heck,  I would just enjoy the car, and keep searching, but don't drive yourself crazy.
A blue bird with a hemi in it , is an awesome thing !  :2thumbs: