News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

CDN72SE's Restoration Thread

Started by CDN72SE, May 26, 2010, 02:36:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b5blue

CDN72SE

1972 Charger SE

Charger_Fan

I finally made it back to your thread & caught up on the last three pages. Your car is coming along nicely, looks beautiful sitting in the summer sun!  :drool5:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

JB400

Looking forward to seeing this one finished.

CDN72SE

1972 Charger SE

CDN72SE

Not a lot going on lately but I thought I would throw up my my bumper jack that I just freshened up.

As other members have done, I used some grey primer that was kicking around and used Eastwood's Diamond clear to coat it.

Decal I got from Dale's Cuda Shop, the tire iron may actually be from my dad's long gone '76 Royal Monaco.

Back in the day I actually used this jack (yes the car slipped off a few times and distorted the slot in the bumper) now I will just tuck it in the trunk.

1972 Charger SE

CDN72SE

1972 Charger SE

birdsandbees

Nice... any work gets you towards the goal line!
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

CDN72SE

1972 Charger SE

CDN72SE

Here is my latest order from DMT.
- Trunk Divider
- Kick Panel Insulation
- Air Grabber Door to Hood Seal
- Air Grabber Box to Hood Seal
- AC Firewall Insulation

1972 Charger SE

birdsandbees

1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241

CDN72SE

1972 Charger SE

CDN72SE

Please look away if you don't like rear spoilers on third gens.

Got the spoiler, pedestals and a mounting kit from Year One a long long time ago, it's the fibreglass one. Sprayed it with a few coats of SEMs black.

Purchased the black brackets last year from Jamie at MegaParts, helps stabilise the spoiler and prevent the lid from indenting.

1972 Charger SE

alfaitalia

Spoiler looks good on 3rd Gens IMO.....it seeing them on 70 Gen 2's that I find visually offensive!! LOL!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

kent

The stuff from DMT looks pretty nice. I just ordered the trunk divider with a few more goodies. I was wondering about the shipping and handling. Looks like it arrived in great shape. No complaints eh CDN72SE?
Kent

timmycharger

CDN72SE

Thanks alfaitalia I know spoilers were an option on 2nd gen but... :)

Thanks Timmy, much appreciated.

Kent, it arrived safely eh, it does come slightly curved in a box which is fine with me. Will flatten out. I usually get my car stuff delivered to my office, all the boxes always cause such excitement, lol
The receptionist brought it over to my desk and the box was taller than her... though she is a little short.
1972 Charger SE

kent

Thanks for the response CDN. Always nice to see the boxes coming. Now just to pay for them. lol

I have a few in transit as we write.
Kent

CDN72SE

Excellent, and I do like the DMT stuff, I used R.E.M.s divider jute and fit nicely, don't care for the R.E.M. insulation for the inside roof of the car under the headliner.
1972 Charger SE

kent

Thanks for the insight. I appreciate every little tidbit of information. :2thumbs:
Kent

CDN72SE

Turned my attention to the original Washer Pump that came with the car. Pretty greasy and grimy, partly because I used to get the car oiled (Rust Check) for quite a few years back in the day.

Took everything apart cleaned with a q-tip and a toothbrush, also soaked the one part in Evaporust and then cleared it with Eastwood's diamond coat.

Used some Back to Black on the hoses to give a little colour back and flexibility.

Now, to get the plastic washer and strainer in the bottom of the reservoir and tighten the strainer.

Tools used, 7/8 deep socket (shout out to @dadsbee) and dry cleaner hanger.

Dropped the plastic washer in the reservoir, used the hanger with a hook on the end to position the washer over the washer pump threads.

Then took the cardboard sleeve that comes on the hanger and pushed it over the top of the strainer, hand tightened using the cardboard "rod".

Went in with the socket and tightened it up.

The Reservoir is obviously new that I mentioned earlier that I got from Megaparts.

1972 Charger SE

CDN72SE

Windshield Washer Hose and Squirters, screws and t-fitting, again original to the car.

Soaked the squirters briefly in Evaporust and sprayed them with some of Eastwood's Rich Zinc Galvanize spray.

Still need to buy the ribbed hose that runs from the washer bottle to the t-fitting.

1972 Charger SE

kent

Wow they cleaned up great! That Eastwood paint looks like it did the trick proper!
I remember when I was a kid and didn't have the proper tools I used a coat hanger bent in the shape of a 7/8 socket to install my pump in my R/T. It did do the trick and never leaked. I like the socket Idea a whole lot better.
She is looking fine!
Kent

CDN72SE

Thanks Kent, I spend more money on my car than dry cleaning but when I get those wire hangers I hang on to them.
The young and creative days.
1972 Charger SE

birdsandbees

Did you pressurize that pump to make sure the shaft seal doesn't leak....  :brickwall:
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241