News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Your Opinion Please

Started by magnum, May 28, 2010, 05:14:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cooter

While the Keisler 5-speed conversion takes all the "Designing" guesswork out of it, $4500.00 is a bit much for another gear for me...So, I simply japped a Mustank GT T-5 Trans in mine and I have to say, on the interstate going to Carlsile, it was great....
So refreshing to be able to see people Gun those little hightop tennis shoes cause they just know your gonna be "Cruisin'" in the fast lane and blow right on by 'em doin' 80 MPH....
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

bill440rt

Quote from: Cooter on May 30, 2010, 07:52:49 PM
IIRC, the original "Plum Crazy" purple was kinda "Dull" compared to the latest purples offered by todays manufacturers..A buddy went through this when he was painting his '70 Challenger R/T for the 5th time...The first time he complained that the paint guy musta mixed his paint wrong as it was "Too light", when in fact, it was the correct shade for the 1970 "Plum Crazy" color..He ended up going back about 4 times getting custom mixed colors until he finally painted it almost the same "Purple" as some of the newer cars of today have...

Of course, it's your car and do what you wish, but I've always wanted a '69 In (I have no decoder ring) "Citron Yella"..With the black side stripe of course...

Magnum, not sure what brand of paint you went with, but the PPG formula is dead-on with the original. I learned this when painting my '70. I bought several brands of paint (DuPont, PPG, Spies Hecker, Sikkens, etc). I got about a half dozen COMPLETELY different spray out panels of Plum Crazy. The PPG mix was absolutely perfect, it had that "pop" like it should have.
:Twocents:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

magnum

Quote from: bill440rt on June 01, 2010, 10:35:45 PM
Quote from: Cooter on May 30, 2010, 07:52:49 PM
IIRC, the original "Plum Crazy" purple was kinda "Dull" compared to the latest purples offered by todays manufacturers..A buddy went through this when he was painting his '70 Challenger R/T for the 5th time...The first time he complained that the paint guy musta mixed his paint wrong as it was "Too light", when in fact, it was the correct shade for the 1970 "Plum Crazy" color..He ended up going back about 4 times getting custom mixed colors until he finally painted it almost the same "Purple" as some of the newer cars of today have...

Of course, it's your car and do what you wish, but I've always wanted a '69 In (I have no decoder ring) "Citron Yella"..With the black side stripe of course...

Magnum, not sure what brand of paint you went with, but the PPG formula is dead-on with the original. I learned this when painting my '70. I bought several brands of paint (DuPont, PPG, Spies Hecker, Sikkens, etc). I got about a half dozen COMPLETELY different spray out panels of Plum Crazy. The PPG mix was absolutely perfect, it had that "pop" like it should have.
:Twocents:
I did go with the PPG its the same I used on my former 71 and your right it is dead on! The metallic in it is awesome  :2thumbs:
Takes a MOPAR to catch a mopar!

chargergirl

Trust your Woobie!

stuga

Your ride came out sweeeet looooking.

twodko

Plumcrazy....black interior.......Cragars. Oh yeah! White tail panel and a white stripe? I dunno, my taste would lean more towards a black panel and black stripe. Keep us posted. Cheers.

Tom
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

bakerhillpins

Charger 1 just posted a black 68 with white light panel up in the "Show us your 68s" thread: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,64619.msg787276.html#msg787276

Ok, so its a 68, but you get the idea.

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

magnum

Quote from: bakerhillpins on June 03, 2010, 07:40:40 PM
Charger 1 just posted a black 68 with white light panel up in the "Show us your 68s" thread: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,64619.msg787276.html#msg787276

Ok, so its a 68, but you get the idea.

Wow that sure looks nice! I'm kinda anxious to see how it will look :yesnod:.
Takes a MOPAR to catch a mopar!