News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69' shoulder belts

Started by twodko, June 02, 2010, 04:35:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twodko

Hey gang,

Our car is at the upholstery shop and the guy thinks the way the shoulder belts are stored against the headliner when not in use isn't factory. Can someone please post a picture of what they should look like stowed? Thanks.

Tom
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Charger´69

I´m not sure, but do you mean this..?  ::) This is picture from my car´s belts  :hah:

Plymouth Fury "Christine's Sister" 4x4 6-71 1959
Dodge Charger R/T 440cid 1969
Pontiac Trans Am T-top SuperBandit 400cid 1978
Jeep Cherokee Renegade 4x4 3.7 2006

twodko

Thank you for that picture. Its close to what I'm looking for. The shoulder belt buckle snaps into a metal receiver tab at the windshield. The rest of the belt is secured up there somehow. How its secured is the question. The upholstery guy thinks there was a small elastic band loop sewn on the end of the belt that slipped over the coat hook holding the excess belt taunt. This sounds like a clean factory solution but the picture I'm looking for would show exactly how Ma Mopar did it.
The time you have taken with my dilemma is greatly appreciated!

Tom

Brock Lee

They originally had a sort of underwear elastic sewn on that had a snap on the end. There was the male end of the snap beside the coat hook screwed into the body the elastic snapped to and held it out of the way. The elastic wears out and the belts droop over time.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

twodko

Chris,

Thanks for the info and pictures, its just what my upholstery guy needs! With your permission I'd like to copy your thread and pix to show the guy.

Tom

Charger´69

Quote from: twodko on June 03, 2010, 11:00:22 AM
Chris,

Thanks for the info and pictures, its just what my upholstery guy needs! With your permission I'd like to copy your thread and pix to show the guy.

Tom

Of course, You can use my pictures if those helps  :yesnod:
Plymouth Fury "Christine's Sister" 4x4 6-71 1959
Dodge Charger R/T 440cid 1969
Pontiac Trans Am T-top SuperBandit 400cid 1978
Jeep Cherokee Renegade 4x4 3.7 2006

twodko

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

twodko

The shoulder belt tensioner is a curious thing. I've seen a couple cars, including mine, that look like what you did with your belts Just 6T9 CHGR. My FSM shows some sort of soft plastic "shoe' thingy sewn on the belts' end that hooks over a chrome collar screw. What the upholsterty fella and I decided was to do is sew a loop of that wide elastic band material and just slip it over the coat hook rather than  use a snap. I'll shoot it when its done and post up. Thanks again guys.

Tom 

Just 6T9 CHGR

Why would you agree to do that?
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

twodko

Hey Chris, TGIF!

The wife and I were wrestling with that question last night. I told the guy to wait until he heard from me today about this. It would be nice if there was some way to make the lap and shouldder belt one integral unit. I dunno, with a brand new headliner in the car I don't want to put anymore holes in it than I have to. I might just leave it alone for a while and zip tie it up there while we ponder this. Like most of us, I'd like it to be OE, long lasting and a clean solution. Mean while, he's installing the console and the pillar post covers today.

Tom