News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Look at this crap!!!!!

Started by PocketThunder, June 03, 2010, 11:18:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobs66440

Man, what a mess they make...the mice are so destructive. I had a '92 Dodge Caravan and they built a nest in the computer and burnt it out...$750.00!!! :RantExplode: Miserable animals.

PocketThunder

Quote from: gschmidt211 on June 07, 2010, 12:58:52 PM
I feel your pain.

Holy Crap!!!!!!

They are not the glorious little creatures that Disney makes them out to be thats for sure..
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

chargergirl

Quote from: PocketThunder on June 07, 2010, 08:32:00 PM
Quote from: gschmidt211 on June 07, 2010, 12:58:52 PM
I feel your pain.

Holy Crap!!!!!!

They are not the glorious little creatures that Disney makes them out to be thats for sure..
Guess Mickey isn't the only million dollar mouse!
Trust your Woobie!

69rtse4spd

Quote from: PocketThunder on June 04, 2010, 11:27:31 PM
Ok so tonight i stopped in at my local Ace Hardware to pick up some stuff and i got a gallon of the Simple Green that was mentioned.  Then i got a gallon of bleach from the closet at home and mixed it with some water in a spray bottle and i went to town on my firewall with the bleach solution tonight. 

Last picture, i need this spring for my driver seat.

Well you may not be a Viking fan, :smilielol: but if you have not gotten a spring yet, I will look & see what I can come up with. Will let you know, Jeff.

moparmoynihan

All in all, you got very lucky. In NY, I have brought home plenty of Mopars. Its amazing what mice piss can do. They go in frame rails, floor pans, just about anywhere. The piss is so acidic, it rots out the entire car. I really hate mice. Johnny  :METAL:  :Twocents:
b7 1969 Charger 4 speed 440 4:10

six-tee-nine

I had the same with my car...... Not that there was alot left of my interior but what was left whas eaten by the mice family......
One problem I still have left is that they crawled up the large flexible duct on the right and used the space under the cowl as their "barn".
It's stacked full with foam, hay, nutshells and brobably alot of shit too...... I don't have the intention to remove the cowl panel to clean the area.....

BTW be happy that they did'nt eat the insulation of your wiring......causing electrical gremlins or even a fire.......
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

69rtse4spd

Found the spring, but it is longer in the coiled part then the one you show, it is like the repo. ones. Took it off a seat track today, do you still need it, let me know, Jeff.     

PocketThunder

Quote from: 69rtse4spd on June 11, 2010, 03:18:41 PM
Found the spring, but it is longer in the coiled part then the one you show, it is like the repo. ones. Took it off a seat track today, do you still need it, let me know, Jeff.     

Yep, i sure do.  I'll send you and e-mail.
Paul
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

1969chargerrtse

"Disconnect what ever I forgot to mention."
That's funny.

If anyone has mice, just lay traps with peanut butter on them on the garage floor and they will be gone.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

bakerhillpins

So did you find what part of the car they chewed up to make that nifty hotel? Mice are miserable and fowl, I can't figure out why some folks get them as pets?#!  :slap:

I wonder if cleaning that out is going to take away survivor show points?  ;)
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

doctor4766

Quote from: PocketThunder on June 04, 2010, 11:30:14 PM
2. Here is some cable connection i have no idea what it goes too.  Its must be some after market add on 8-track player connection.  (I'm old enough to remember 8-tracks)
Paul

Looks like a PL259 CB radio antenna plug to me
Gotta love a '69

PocketThunder

Quote from: bakerhillpins on June 24, 2010, 04:38:38 PM
So did you find what part of the car they chewed up to make that nifty hotel? Mice are miserable and fowl, I can't figure out why some folks get them as pets?#!  :slap:

I wonder if cleaning that out is going to take away survivor show points?  ;)

Sure they pretty much cleaned house in the headliner and they had the firewall pad at their disposal also.  The headliner has since been replaced and the firewall pad is next.   :-\

ghosthunter242

i can assure you i have seen worse....i was driving around vancouver and caught a glimpse of a charger off a frontage road. i found where it was and got permission to look at it.
the guy who 'owned' it got 'barn finds' and turned them.... this one was one he did not even want to turn. the body was perfect, and the original paint would probably have buffed out.but...
there were rat turds that filled the car....filled it. not just the random poops. i brainstormed a hazmat suit, a trailer and trips to every place that had the quarter machine vacuums.
the poop went at least a foot high in the trunk. it was even with the rear seats folded down and level with the top of the butt cushion in the front seats. all in all at least 500 pounds i estimate. although i would not feel good about mouse poopies, feel better your barn find is not a real rat rod....or rat turd rod. after much heartache and common sense i let the car go and did not even offer the insult offer of 3-500 bucks i am sure i could have gotten it for.
best of luck..

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: PocketThunder on June 04, 2010, 11:30:14 PM

2. Here is some cable connection i have no idea what it goes too.  Its must be some after market add on 8-track player connection.  (I'm old enough to remember 8-tracks)

Paul

Hey, Paul...

That cable is for a CB radio antennae...

A383Wing

I would have just "installed" a cat

GPULLER

Quote from: A383Wing on July 14, 2010, 11:13:03 PM

A '69 is exempt from the emission laws...

Old Moparz

The cheapest solution that actually works well to get odors out of things like carpets, seats, & similar items, is hydrogen peroxide. My wife & I had tried all the citrus cleaners, the special pet odor removers, & all the expensive crap that works no better than watered down water without solving the stink problem. She read that the hydrogen peroxide would work, & at something like 89 cents a bottle it was worth a try.

Once, one of our brain-dead cats snuck into the garage & I didn't know it. I closed it up & the dumbass was in there almost 3 full days. It used the back seat of my Satellite convertible as a litter box & the seat was soaked with urine. One full bottle dumped into the seat foam from underneath after I scooped & wiped the turds off, left it odor free. I thought for sure I was going to have to have the seat redone, but I didn't.

I worried about it discoloring the carpet in our house, but it didn't. Here's a link in case you don't believe me...
http://www.foodgradeh2o2.com/articles/remove-pet-odors-from-carpets/
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

A383Wing

Quote from: GPULLER on July 15, 2010, 09:16:23 AM
Quote from: A383Wing on July 14, 2010, 11:13:03 PM

A '69 is exempt from the emission laws...

not that type of "cat"!!  :nana:

Chargermoneypit

Been there seen that. Even after the car is a complete shell and literally nothing in it, I can still smell the little varmits. It even still overpowers the smell of an entirely fresh paint job in the interior.

70daytonaclone

I had a 8 inch rat moving between my 74 road runner and my 69 torino eating up seat belts and back seat padding. nothing would kill him glue traps rat traps poison blocks finally my dumb cat must have seen it running and then it was gone. washed out the floors with house hold bleach. One of the problems of storing cars in the wooded area where I live.Plus the little buggers like to use holes in the floor boards for an intrance and an exit. :Twocents: Steve

1BAD68

Speaking of that, the other day I am driving my '04 GMC work van and eating peanuts from a big can.
Turned a corner and dumped a couple big handfulls right on the drivers side floor. I figured I pick them up when I got home.
Completely forgot about it until I was driving yesterday and looked down to see that they were all gone.
I always park my van with all the windows up and locked tight but somehow they got in and out, the only thing I can think of is through the fresh air vents somehow.

Brock Lee

I had a 1968 that was nearly as bad. Taking it apart I found more in the heater ducts and a ton up in the headliner. They ate most of the insulation behind the headliner and would piss and shit up in there.