News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dry fit pics,Daytona nosecone

Started by chargervert, December 15, 2005, 04:56:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargervert

Here are a few pics of the Charger 500 with the Daytona cone in place!

chargervert

Thats three nose shots,heres a couple of the rear of the car,and a few of my 70 R/T SE that has the new 472 crate hemi in it!

chargervert

And one more of the mighty Hemi!

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Old Moparz

Quote from: chargervert on December 15, 2005, 04:56:33 PM
Here are a few pics of the Charger 500 with the Daytona cone in place!

So, is there any plastic   in there?     :D   :nana:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

chargervert

just a little Bob,but don't tell anyone! :icon_smile_big:

Tom_440

Charger_Fan

Cool project pics! That wing looks like it's been on there for a while.

Your garage sure has soft walls. :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

nascarxx29

Appears to be a real 500.Has the flush back window
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Khyron

Quote from: nascarxx29 on December 15, 2005, 08:05:33 PM
Appears to be a real 500.Has the flush back window

window plugs look good when correctly done as well.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

hemi68charger

Wow !!!  Going to be another great creation !!!

Great job........... :cheers:

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

chargervert

The car is a real 69 Charger 500 XX29L9B  Its a 440 car. When I bought the car in 1994,nobody wanted 500s. Its too bad but they didn't get too much respect. When I got the oppertunity to buy an original wing,I decided to finish up where Creative Industries left off,and make a Daytona out of it! The window plug,and rear glass and trim are in good shape,and the pillar wind deflectors are nice too.The 70 Charger R/T SE I bought in 1982,It's a 440 4 speed Dana car.I bought the carte Hemi about a year ago.

THE CHARGER PUNK

are you goin to keep it that ugly yellow/beige???

chargervert

The Y2 sunfire yellow is the original color,when I first bought the car,I didn't care for the color,but its kinda grown on me(like some kinda fungus) It's different! I beleve only 28 original Daytonas came that color. I don't know how many of the 392 500s were that color,but this is one of them. It looks more yellow in person! As for the garage having soft walls,the Chargers are in there temporary storage until I finish building the new garage! The winter weather isn't helping!

THE CHARGER PUNK

my personal fav colour on a daytona is ev2 hemi orange with black interior and white wing-MATT

chargervert

If I decide to do the car any other color,I think I would go with F6 green,black interior,black stripe. The wing has been on the car since 1995. I have original wing washers too! Mike used them to template the ones he offers.

Old Moparz

Hey Pete,

I'd have probably done the same thing with a 500 back then too. Today I don't know if I would for sure, but probably. It's like you said, the car isn't being cut up, so why not? Anytime a car needs work or isn't original anymore, I see it as fair game to modify or add some things it didn't have the first time around.

Good luck with it.
               Bob                

chargervert

Thanks Bob,The car was missing its matching numbers motor and trans,and the body has those half quarters from the eighties on it. It also has some of the typical charger rust,just the center of the trunk floor,and the drivers side floor pan,around the gas pedal area.I bought two beautiful rust free California rear quarter panels,that have the door jambs,wheel wells,trunk extensions,and valence corners for the car. The wing is an original,and the nose is from Mike at Dayclona.I still have to fine tune it,but theres plenty of adjustment. I just stuck the grille in for the photo,it's not bolted in,thats why it's not aligned,and tight to the cone.The headlights function perfectly,even though one started to pop back up because the diaphram was so cold.It was about 12 degrees out when I took the pictures.

Old Moparz

When I brought the nose cone home that I bought recently, I was very tempted to try a test fit on my car too. I had parked the car on it's casters with the nose forward in case I get ambitious over the winter, but without heat that ambition is a little low. I've got some other work to do on my Scamp & Road Runner that's a priority, but wanting to see the cone in place it getting under my skin. Maybe I'll get a few rolls of duct tape, give it a try & take some pics at night so it looks believable.  :D
               Bob                

chargervert

Bob,when I first got my mosecone from Mike,Before I assembled it,I hooked it on with bungee cords,just to see what it looked like!

chargervert

Damn! I really have to get that garage built so I can get goin on those two cars! The 70 Charger is going to be the next one to get restored!

69_500

That is the first set of pictures of your 500 that I've ever seen. I haven't seen too many Y2 Yellow Charger 500's over the years, but I do know of 2 Y2 Yellow HEMI 500's. Can't think of any 440 cars off the top of my head.

genlee1970

Quote from: chargervert on December 16, 2005, 01:28:20 AM
It also has some of the typical charger rust........and the drivers side floor pan,around the gas pedal area.

I didn't know that brass could rust!!!!     :lol: :lol: :lol: :lolexplode: :lolexplode: :smilielol: :smilielol:

chargervert

Quote from: genlee1970 on December 19, 2005, 10:07:14 PM
Quote from: chargervert on December 16, 2005, 01:28:20 AM
It also has some of the typical charger rust........and the drivers side floor pan,around the gas pedal area.

I didn't know that brass could rust!!!!     :lol: :lol: :lol: :lolexplode: :lolexplode: :smilielol: :smilielol:
Al,Thats too funny,The former owner of my 500,(who shall remain unnamed) has come a long way with his body work,since the early eighties!!!!! Now,instead of using an old rusted scrap of sheet metal,and some brass wood screws,to repair a rotted floor pan,he does it the right way!!!!!I am going to have it bronzed(screws and all),and hang it on his garage wall!!!!!!Better yet I think you solved my holiday gift mental block I was having!!!!!!

chargervert

Hey 69 500,You asked for pics,there they are! I know that they made 28 Y2 Daytonas,but I don't know how many Y2 500s were built! The body on my 70 R/T SE is far better than the 500,The R/T has all of its original floor pans,trunk floor,and is very solid underneath.It also has a right NOS rear quarter,and all of the best body parts I had back in 1989,when I restored it the first time.It just needs a light resto,to bring it up to our current standards.The bar has been raised quite a bit since 89!I can't wait to drive it with that Hemi in it!It is also getting an electric sunroof,that came from an unsalvagable 69 R/T.I have to finish my wifes Challenger convertible,and the 70 R/T SE before I get to the Daytona project! I have almost everything I need to build the Daytona!

69_500

I'll do some digging and see how many Y2 500's I have run accross. I would venture to say it is probably around 10-15.

chargervert

Thanks 69 500,I would really like to know the numbers!

69_500

Well I'm a far cry from having all the numbers. The only information I have is of cars I've seen personally at shows, or I have recently been getting some information from other owners of 500's. Just trying to come up with a culmitive list like they have for the Daytona's and such, but for the 500's. Seems they were overlooked for many years, and not really traced or anything like that.

The Ghoul

Damn $$$$$$$$$$$
wish my project was comming along that well, and that I had that kind of bank roll  :icon_smile_big:

69_500

Pete, how many years you been working on the 500 now? About 15, or at least that is how long you have had it?

chargervert

Beleve it or not,I spent a lot of time waiting for the parts that I ordered for the car,from a vendor,that I said I wouldn't talk about anymore! That wasted about five years of time on that,and the project got  bumped to the back burner!But sometimes things work out for the better,and I ended up with better parts to build the car with. I don't have a huge dollar budget either,but I learned the hard way that I have to get the best parts I can within the alloted budget for the project.I bought the 500,in 1994.I have eleven Mopar projects,only so much,can be spent on each one!

PocketThunder

Damn dude, 11?   i got 2 and i cant keep up!
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

chargervert

Yeah 11 projects to do,thats why I had to learn to do all my own work!No one can afford to pay to have someone restore eleven Mopars! Atleast no one who hasn't hit the lottery!

Blown70

Quote from: chargervert on December 23, 2005, 08:48:20 PM
Yeah 11 projects to do,thats why I had to learn to do all my own work!No one can afford to pay to have someone restore eleven Mopars! Atleast no one who hasn't hit the lottery!

Well if you ever want to ahhhhh hm   move a project.... Let me/us know... :yesnod:

Tom

chargervert

I am downsizing a bit,a gentleman from Florida is supposed to buy my 70 six barrel Road Runner,but I am only selling it because the new garage has run over budget!The car was supposed to leave on December 17th,but his shipping got screwed up,and I haven't heard from him since! I haven't gotten one dime yet.I'm gonna call him tuesday to find out if he's for real,or just pullin my chain! I figured he was pretty serious,when he came up all the way from Florida,to see the car!