News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Let's see your General Lee Color Pic's

Started by Bobby41909, April 20, 2010, 07:40:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobby41909

I've read just about every thread and none show all the popular GL colors (Flame, Hemi, BBO).  There are some that compare these two then another that compares another two.  Lot's of posts "I used____ on my GL" but no nice sized pictures to really see the difference.

Anyway I am building a GL and haven't picked a color yet.  I am not all about it being "exactly like" any episode or whatever...little crazy in my view.  I just want the color to pop and look good.  I'd even be interested in a little metal flake or pearl (but not too much). 

Either way, I live in Florida and have never seen a local GL so there's no competition here (unlike other parts of the country I read).

For those that post your pictures if you could also mention the size of your vector wheels and tires that would be great.  I am looking at 15x7's with 235/60's in the front and 15x8.5's with 275/60's in the rear.   

Darkman

Don't let Clanton see this!  :icon_smile_tongue:  :popcrn:

I would like to see a genuine corvette Flame Red GL compared to KWS's GL. I like the colour KWS used in his GL clone
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

jb666

Mine's Hemi Orange with House Of Kolor Orange flake. I wanted mine to pop, as well, and stand out from any others that I might come up against locally... And like you, I'm not all about being "correct" to the show. I had this done to be MINE, that's it.

15X8's up front with 255's
15X10's in the back with 295's

I like the combo.

Good luck with what ever you chose.  I have a picture somewhere that compares Hemi Orange to Corvette Flame Red. I'll see if I can dig it up.

Mike DC

Wanna see the Corvette Orange Flame/Flame Red color in person?  Look at a GL model kit, one that has the plastic molded in orange.  That's pretty close.  

Or go to a Home Depot and look at their 5-gallon orange plastic paint buckets.  (Not everything with an orange Home Depot logo is so near the shade, a lot of the HD logos/paint is too bright and doesn't have quite enough red in it.  But those 5-gallon buckets are just about perfect where I live.)  

Keep in mind that seeing a color indoors or through a camera is not the same.  Take the item out in the bright sun and stand back a few yards, you'll see it better.

Bobby41909

Quote from: jb666 on April 20, 2010, 08:09:51 PM
Mine's Hemi Orange with House Of Kolor Orange flake. I wanted mine to pop, as well, and stand out from any others that I might come up against locally... And like you, I'm not all about being "correct" to the show. I had this done to be MINE, that's it.

15X8's up front with 255's
15X10's in the back with 295's

I like the combo.

Good luck with what ever you chose.  I have a picture somewhere that compares Hemi Orange to Corvette Flame Red. I'll see if I can dig it up.

Thanks...looks great!  didn't know you can get 15x10's to fit?  Also I didn't think they made 15x8's I keep seeing 15x8.5's? 

Troy

It won't do you a lot of good to see pictures of the cars separately. This is because each camera model is slightly different, most digital cameras do some sort of color correction, and the photographer may have used custom settings. I have a few hundred pictures of each of my cars (most taken with the same camera) and the colors don't look the same. Maybe someone has a pictures from one of the Dukes events of the cars side-by-side (and happens to know which paint was used on each)?

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Mike DC

The same car, parked at the same location.  Two different pics. 

Cooter

Hemi orange....The Only color for a GL IMO.....No Chevy color here..

" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Nacho-RT74

this topic has been talked recently... make a search wnd will find some afirmations from the show specs
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

BlueSS454

Tom Rightler

suburbanfireman

Sorry - my pics are not loading for some reason.  Look at my avitar / name-thingie on the left.  My charger is painted GM Corvette flame red (and looks like a pumpkin - not a flame).  I actually wish it would have been a little more red than orange  :flame:
Tim "The Toolman" Taylor: "I think I might be addicted to cars."

Jill Taylor: "Well, DUH!"

Tim "The Toolman" Taylor: "I'm thinking about checking myself into the Henry Ford Clinic!"

Bobby41909

Well the painter sprayed a few colors today 1) Big Bad Orange 2) Hemi Orange and 3) Hugger Orange....and the winner is........BBO....now he's going to spray it out with a few pearls and at different levels.  I want it to look normal but really POP in the sun and various angles.

I got the pearl idea last week at the Old Town show when I saw a 70 Challenger pass by.  The owner said it was Hugger Orange with pearl.  looked awesome and very suttle effect.

The car should be painted in a few weeks, I'll post pictures.