News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Burn Notice Charger Hood Scoop Specs?

Started by Axels73Charger, June 05, 2010, 10:08:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger2fast4u

Quote from: superbirdtom on June 11, 2010, 11:04:59 AM
I have dealt with all of them. and the stock t/a or aar hoods are wavy as from the factory they were painted flat black for a reason.  the hood scoops are part of the hoods construction not an add on. so if they make any hood they are not going to come flying off.  AARquality fiberglass is simply the best hoods out there,  I would give them a call and see if they have another source for exactly what your looking for. I will say though if your going to paint the hood body color  be prepared with the lightweight cheapo race parts to do major work to straighten out.

and on a hot day with the hood getting fried between the engine heat and the sun  even though you spent 40 hours bondoing priming straightening the lihtweight parts  they will eventually warp out.  again call aarqualityfiberglass and pick their brains.

thanks  firechickenbird tom

i'll see what kind of prices they have and if they still make them. it will be flat black when installled so i don't have to worry about looking show quality flatness. i have a  new steel R/T hood on now that is flat black its how it came looks better this way to me then being body color

superbirdtom

yeah I like the flat black look too, and especially if tops of fenders are matcing flat black.  send in some pics when done Id love to see it

charger2fast4u

will do i'm looking for the best quality and prices right now. i'm going to carlisle in 2 weeks and searching for the best deal so if i can get it cheaper there then i'll get it there.

Axels73Charger

Anything on VFN bulge hoods? I think it'll be easier and cheaper :shruggy:
Done some growing up. Not going to do much on this account tho. Doesnt fit the more mature me.

charger2fast4u

i ordered a hood from AAR fiberglass i'll post on how the quality is on it and on fitment. it will be acouple weeks as it is made upon order.

chargd72

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger