News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Water pump Housing

Started by NewMoparGuy, June 05, 2010, 07:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NewMoparGuy

Hey everyone I've have a question about water pump housings. I have a 69 Roadrunner clone with a 74 440. The original guy who built the car used the original 74 waterpump housing which has the outlet on the passanger side, all the b-body radiators I could find have the lower outlet on the drivers side. To fix this he had a radiator shop move the outlet on the old radiator to the passanger side to match the housing.. Ok now for the problem. I bought a new champion 3 core radiator with the correct lower outlet on the drives side.

1) Are there any hoses that will reach from the passanger side waterpump outlet to the drives side lower outlet?

2) If i need to change the housing to the correct b-body setup how will this effect the power steering and other belt routing's and brackets?

3) If the only solution is changing the parts. Does anyone have them??  :icon_smile_big:

Cooter

To answer your question YES, there's a way to run the lower hose across to the other side, but you aren't gonna walk into a parts store and just buy one that fits. You will have to custom make a lower hose to fit..ALOT easier and cheaper than removing the water housing, OR moving the radiator outlet IMO....
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

maxwellwedge

If you are pulling the rad anyway I would put the proper pump housing on at the same time instead of trying to rig-up some kind of Rube Goldberg deal.

Purple68

I just had the same problem this winter after I bought an Ebay rad too. I bought the proper housing. :yesnod: I liked the lower exit on the passenger side better though as it makes it easier to change the oil filter.

Rube Goldberg! :smilielol:

NewMoparGuy

Thanks for the reply's guys... Purple68 How did changing the housing effect the power steering brackets and belts? Does the new housing have the same mounting points for the power steering brackets?

Purple68

There was no effect on belts/brackets...they all fit fine. The mounting points are the same. The drawback is that the lower rad hose passes close to the oil filter and on my car I also have my tranny cooler connections in that area so it is a little tight.