News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

"Early" 68 windshield reveal clip

Started by grdprx, June 06, 2010, 05:21:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grdprx

Had a question, if anyone can confirm..  I was at a show today, looking for some front and rear window trip clips, called them reveal clips.  Anyway, he asked if my 68 was an Early 68...  Said they used different clips.  I'd never heard this was specific for the clips before.  There are a couple small things that were different like the fuel neck trunk seal for an early model.

Of course, the guy was out of stock, and the other place I looked didn't have front clips..  So, before I buy; I thought I'd ask my friends here.   :cheers:

b5blue

Check with others as mine have rusted quickly and had I not removed the trim to fix a leak wouldn't have known....Get high QUALITY!

twodko

grdprx,

If you haven't already, give Tom at R/T Specialties a call for the reveal clips you need. Good luck.

Tom
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

grdprx

So, I found these clips from Jack's Mopar...  Anyway, was scheduled to have the glass installed today.  The glass guy gets here, and he tells me I got 2 rear windows.   :brickwall:  :brickwall:

I had never opened them up from when I got my car.  They were wrapped in paper, seems I have a different Mopar rear window and a Charger one...  Darn.  Rescheduled for Monday, they are going to supply the windshield.

So, here's my question.  How many clip points are along the bottom of the rear window?  I only have 2 towards the outer edge on either side.  None in the middle section.  Did they get covered up?  I forgot to take a pic...

doctor4766

I think there's probably meant to be 5 or 6 along the bottom.
Gotta love a '69