News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'69 Charger R/T convertible

Started by 69bronzeT5, June 06, 2010, 10:05:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Warlock

I still like it, when I first got my charger in the 70s my previous car had been a v8 mustang vert, and I always wanted to get a 2nd charger to lop the top off and try it out, took longer than I expected and eventually gave up on convertibles and moved on.  (as most do) I like the lines of the charger better than the coronet, and it looks good as a convertible, it does look like a coronet with the top up a little, bet it depends on the angle though.  Back in those days, cruising with 3 or more friends along was preferred, now parking tends to be the trend now.  4 door verts were popular at one time, now 2 seaters tend to be more popular.  The charger was a happy medium, looked like a 4 door, but only had 2 doors, and the vert top looks like it was made for it, even if it doesn't carry the shape as the hardtop. 

Getting the right top is paramount to a vert, have to drive it sometimes and may want the top up occasionally, so It has to look the part.  Most of the time they look ok. I've seen some poor examples done, especially with new challengers that people convert. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

69bronzeT5

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on September 01, 2015, 02:18:05 PM
Quote from: Back N Black on September 01, 2015, 10:56:40 AM
Quote from: Brock Samson on August 31, 2015, 07:34:10 PM
Any updates on the Converts?..

Welcome back! do you still have the charger?

Yeah, no kiddin'.  There's a moldy oldy.

Brock, I seen this Charger on ebay year or 2 back & thought of you.  I remember you wanting to see what this would look like on a car IIRC?

Could be wrong....but I'm pretty sure that was one Travis used to own (it was all black when he had it)
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

472 R/T SE

So was Travis responsible for the guitar color work or the person who bought it from him?