News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Bobby Unser #5 Superbird

Started by TiMopar, June 07, 2010, 11:50:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonC1

Likewise. I dig the car too and am planning a very near clone build of it with my 70'. All steel and black.

TiMopar

"It is the fuel overflow vent.   It is kind of cone shaped widening to the rear.   The long skinny line from the fuel cell mounts to it inside the rear quarter.  Some cars have it this way and others have a simple tube poking out the back of the quarter or tail panel."

Many thanks for the info 'Aero', love your car! The one I am working on is not going to be a replica of a real car that existed, just in the spirit of one.

FJ5WING

this is a great thread!!

Hey Doug, How recent is that pic in your garage? you still have the green baby?
wingless now, but still around.

C5X DAYTONA

Quote from: wingcar on June 08, 2010, 12:22:44 PM
A little trivia...
At one time I had in my collection the rear window plug out of that Superbird. 
It had been cut out (and not all that neatly) and clearly showed the paint and decal.  It also
still had the window braces and 2 thirds of the "Plexiglas" rear window still mounted.  Which
brings up the question.....I thought all "Stockcars" had to run the factory glass rear and front windows?
(Perhaps, an example of what Terry Nichels meant when he said:
"the 5 car was 'the biggest cheater of them all". 
I have Glotchback's 99 Daytona rear window and plug assy.  My rear window is also plexiglas.
Caution.... Low flying aircraft.

Aero426

Quote from: FJ5WING on June 09, 2010, 12:34:47 PM
this is a great thread!!

Yes, the green car is a garage mate for the 7 car.    I had the green car out for the first time this year last Sunday night.    

moparstuart

Quote from: Aero426 on June 23, 2010, 08:27:08 AM
Quote from: FJ5WING on June 09, 2010, 12:34:47 PM
this is a great thread!!

Yes, the green car is a garage mate for the 7 car.    I had the green car out for the first time this year last Sunday night.    

:drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:  what a great sight   :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

68X426

Great postings, I'll second that. TiMopar, please post pics as the build proceeds, and get the boss to participate in the forum. :2thumbs:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow