News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Vibration fix

Started by dkn1997, June 13, 2010, 07:57:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dkn1997

I'm always reading posts on vibrations and see a lot of  solutions, pinion angle corrections, broken mounts... but I just had an experience that was actually simple.  I had a vibration around 50-60 that just got worse and worse as I sped up.  i thought maybe wheel balance, but I was getting new wheels/tires anyway so I didn't get that done. fast forward and new rims/tires on, still had a vibration.

I lowered the car an inch for the new wheels with lowering blocks so I was tempted to get a pinion angle gauge and start messing with stuff I have no experience with.... then I decided to yank my shaft lol...  took it to the local driveshaft shop and 55 bucks later, I"m back in business vibration free.  still running 3.91's so it's no mercedes...but it's real good. 

just thought I'd post a note that sometimes it really is the basic stuff and don't get too tempted to go start re-inventing the wheel when problems come up. 
RECHRGED

dstryr

:2thumbs: Same deal on my road runner a couple of summers ago.  Between getting the vibration out and putting in a Hayden fan clutch in place of the solid mounted fan I can actually have a conversation with going down the road now. ;) 
dstryr, since 1986.

Bill of Rights
Must be 18. Void where prohibited. Not available in all states. Some restrictions apply.