News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

73/74 Charger se interior. I've never seen it!

Started by Axels73Charger, June 15, 2010, 03:00:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Axels73Charger

Well just on the crappy pics on craigslist. And most of the time its just of the dash. And the seat... Ok so Im just wondering something. I know that the 73 Charger has a lap belt. Does it have a shoulder too? I know 74 does. ALSO the back seat. How does it look when you look back with the opera windows? Also what kind of seat is it? i've seen buddy seats and bench. So which is it? A complete bench? Or a bucket seat thingy with a arm rest in the middle? Im kinda just wondering... I saw a buddy seat on this rallye im looking at. But Im curious about the SE cause i've fallen in love with 'em! :D So could I see pics maybe? :icon_smile_big:
Done some growing up. Not going to do much on this account tho. Doesnt fit the more mature me.

451-74Charger

my 73 had a bench in rear and a buddy seat with arm rest with fixed belts that came down from the roof. my 74 has a solid bench seat accross the front, but i cant tell you about the belts as they were already removed when i got mine

Axels73Charger

Thats something I read about... They didnt say much about the belts. I did read they where 3 point but... I've learned that alot of the crap you some times read is just that crap. Was the buddy seat (buckets (kinda) with arm rest. another name i've read some where) a option or standard? Or is it the other way around? I kinda like them. So im just wondering.
Done some growing up. Not going to do much on this account tho. Doesnt fit the more mature me.

chargerjy9

here is a pic of my73 interior, bench with fold down armrest, shoulder belts hang from the roof, separate from lap belts. sitting in the rear is like being in a cave, opera windows (which I really like) are useless to see out of.
1973 Dodge Charger SE 400 4 bbl,727, survivor
1977 AMC Pacer original
2011 Dodge charger R/T Max

chargerjy9

another pic, check out shoulde belt attached to roof
1977 AMC Pacer original

Axels73Charger

Wow thanks! It looks really nice! If you cant see out of the opera windows isnt that kinda unsafe? But it looks really cool! :D So umm what do you mean a cave? Dark and scarry or big and roomy?

Charger74

Quote from: Axels73Charger on June 16, 2010, 09:48:52 AM
Wow thanks! It looks really nice! If you cant see out of the opera windows isnt that kinda unsafe? But it looks really cool! :D So umm what do you mean a cave? Dark and scarry or big and roomy?

The seat belts in 73 are a split shoulder/seat belt.  Meaning the shoulder portion can be disconnected from the seat portion.  It's kind of annoying to use because it doesn't always stay connected if you move around a lot.

As for looking out the quarter windows, if you driving it not a big deal.  You don't really notice it so safety isn't a problem.   Also for cave, both but definitely big and roomy.   Best part also is, no one can see you in the back very easily or what your doing????    :nana: :nana: :nana:

Axels73Charger

SWEET!!! I like roomy back seats! And not being able to see people in the back seat could be a good thing... or maybe bad not sure :shruggy: Im thinking about possibly getting a SE seeing I've found some good ones for cheap money. Or maybe the rallye I found... :smilielol: :shruggy: :D

TK73

1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

chargerjy9

thanks, it is unrestored, as is, from the factory (as is the rest of my car), cave like to me is that it is hard to get in back ( esp for a 59 year old like me) unless the front seat is moved forward. when sitting back there, there is enough room but the back seat rider certainly doesn't have a panoramic view of the outside world
1977 AMC Pacer original

1972Rallye

Quote from: TK73 on June 16, 2010, 11:25:57 AM
Killer interior!!

:yesnod:  You need to see it in person to really appreciate it - truly a gorgeous survivor (the whole car).  Frank (chargerjy9) is a class act as well !  :2thumbs: :nana:

TUFCAT

I've seen the car...and its a beautiful survivor! 

Actually "survivor" isn't the right word...its like NEW! :icon_smile_wink:

chargerjy9

aw gee....thanks guys for the nice words, you are too kind
1977 AMC Pacer original

her73

does anyone know if the opera windows can be replaced with crank windows?

Charger74

Quote from: her73 on June 23, 2010, 06:36:44 AM
does anyone know if the opera windows can be replaced with crank windows?

Yes, but it's a lot of work to do if you can find all the pieces.  But why would you want to, just find a hard top, don't ruin a SE.

chargerjy9

ditto, please don't do that. it is a difficult task at best anyways
1977 AMC Pacer original

Axels73Charger

Yep. there is a thread where some one did this but only because the PO removed the vinyl and opera windows before he got the car. And I agree. If your like me and74 you've been on here and been looking and 73/74 Chargers long enough you'll find a SE that looks good and you'll fall in love with it. I did! :yesnod:

her73

i got the 73 for her and the opera windows are gone and cranks and the glass came with the car.i need the opera windows and louvers inside and out

hemi68charger

Quote from: chargerjy9 on June 16, 2010, 05:58:09 AM
here is a pic of my73 interior, bench with fold down armrest, shoulder belts hang from the roof, separate from lap belts. sitting in the rear is like being in a cave, opera windows (which I really like) are useless to see out of.

Sweet '73.. Looks like my very first Mopar; same exterior and interior color!!!!   :2thumbs:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

chargerjy9

JY9, Dark Gold Metalic exterior, Honey Gold interior
1977 AMC Pacer original

TeeWJay426

Hmmm, looks familiar.....

74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

chargerjy9

same interior, different car, (exterior looks to be painted white)
here is another shot
1977 AMC Pacer original

Charger74

Quote from: her73 on June 23, 2010, 02:34:44 PM
i got the 73 for her and the opera windows are gone and cranks and the glass came with the car.i need the opera windows and louvers inside and out

If that's the case, then go for it.  If you already have the cranks and glass then you are ahead of the game.  Not certain what else you will need beside seals and trim pieces (boomerang looking piece).

Axels73Charger

WOW you guys have some nice looking interiors!!! :yesnod: I've been thinking alot about Chargers over the past 3 weeks and alot of conflicts have come up. Im just  :-\ so much so that I really am kind hitting a  :brickwall: alot! See I fell in love with the BN car and didnt like the SE all that much. That was back in january. Its june. 6 months have gone by and I LOVE the look of the SE NOW but im still lovin the Rallye/Coupe look. Any thoughts or maybe ways to help me? Ya know things the SE has vs the Coupe?

TeeWJay426

Quote from: chargerjy9 on June 24, 2010, 07:55:33 AM

More of a cream color, actually (HL4?). Not quite as nice as yours, but it's pretty low miles also. (34K original)

74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

Beer

Quote from: chargerjy9 on June 24, 2010, 05:55:35 AM
JY9, Dark Gold Metalic exterior, Honey Gold interior

Beautiful car!

I am converting mine to Black interior (my 73 was same color interior as yours w/ front full bench).

All new panels Front and rear upper and lowers = $1300  :brickwall:
Should have em end of July.

Jim
1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

Axels73Charger

Cool i'd like to see your interior when your done! Hope it turns out good too! Do you have a SE or Rallye?

Beer

1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

chargerjy9

Quote from: TeeWJay426 on June 24, 2010, 10:03:27 AM
Quote from: chargerjy9 on June 24, 2010, 07:55:33 AM

More of a cream color, actually (HL4?). Not quite as nice as yours, but it's pretty low miles also. (34K original)

she's sweet!!!
1977 AMC Pacer original