News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone have any expirience with CME Engines??

Started by Moparman01, July 27, 2010, 06:38:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moparman01

Me again, more questions as i search for a new 440 for my '69 Charger. Just to clear things up there are no reputable engine builders (at least for Mopars) in my area so having an engine built is probably not gonna happen, i'm looking at crate motors and long blocks. Indy would be my first choice, but the money is simply not there to buy a $8500 engine from them. So i've been looking at CME (Carolina Machine Engines) crate motors, there prices seem very good, anyone here ever deal with them before? I'm interested in their 440, 440 horespower "choppy" cam engine with 10:1 comp.. Sounds like a good street combo, $4495 for a complete engine, with iron heads. I'll probably give them a call one of these days, i have a core motor too, a  440 out of an 70's Imperial, was gonna build that engine but i want a pro-built motor, i am not an engine builder lol! So if anyone has any input on CME, or any other reasonably priced crate engine sources, lemmie know!! Thanks! 

Challenger340

:Twocents:
$4495 seems pretty cheap to me, which in my experience anyways, means you are gonna get what ya pay for ?

Pretty much a stock rebuilt engine with cast Pistons and a bumpy Camshaft?

There are 440's, and then there are 440's?
But thats about as far as the comparison can go?
Only wimps wear Bowties !

cryotek

Try Chenoweth SPeed and Machine out of Morton Illinois.  Dale and mike build some unbelievable engines.  They are Mopar guys and also have been featured in many mags.  They took 2nd place with my engine in the Amsoil engine build off last year. 

Talk to Dale. 

http://www.chenowethspeedandmachine.com/