News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Is anyone reproducing the broadcast sheets?

Started by rainbow4jd, July 31, 2010, 01:00:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rainbow4jd

Quote from: Arnie Cunningham on August 12, 2010, 12:33:55 PM
Greetings All,

This one on Moparts:

http://www.moparts.org/Tech/

(bottom right hand corner) - wouldn't fool anybody either.  Although the boxes are fairly close, they are reversed on several lines.  Also, it is in full color - not correct for Superbirds.  This was the one being sold on ebay years back.  I suspect it was someone's pet project to provide inaccurate documents to the uneducated - the idea being that the "reproduction", when done, would be junk and easily recognized for what it is.

One more thing to keep in mind that I don't think has been brought up yet - broadcast sheets were not always accurate.  IF the one in your car actually was the one FOR your car and not a 4 door Satellite, there were mistakes made all the time.  The print on some lines could be off a column.  The parts were incorrectly coded.  The parts were not coded at all.  They ran out of one type of fan assembly or shock absorber and installed whatever was on hand.  In the end, you either have a complete original or you don't.  And the original may have deviated from the actual construction of your car.

If you want to see what your original MIGHT have looked sort-of like..............  Fill in the Moparts one with a sharpie and call it good.

Brennan

BRENNAN!!!!

This is all I want!    I'll correct a few of the errors you mentioned - but I don't want or care about one with holes on the margins of the paper - I just want something like this to put in the scrap book album on the facing page of my partial original broadcast sheet!   I show the original right next to the reproduction. 

Whoever gets my car, also gets the photos that the original owner took, my photos, all the restoration photos, the magazine articles, the copies of old vehicle registration documents, repair orders, etc. etc. etc. - a whole portfolio of paperwork and paraphenalia (including my Coyote and Roadrunner stuffed animals).

Thank you!  Thank you!  Thank you!

rainbow4jd

Quote from: Ghoste on August 11, 2010, 11:28:59 PM
Quote from: rainbow4jd on August 11, 2010, 11:11:38 PM
So, I'm probably going to take a shot at a new, crisp white, 8.5 x 11 reproduction with my website on the bottom so IF someone want's to buy a clearly marked reproduction I can sell it to them.   Heck, you even get a copy for free - or two, because you've been articulate, firm, and pretty much not a jerk in saying you disagree.  To me - that's a message board artist at work.  So I'm coming to you first with my "beta".   It'll make a good Christmas project.

No, thank you.   You may consider my opinions hypocritical but you are a long way from tarnishing my personal integrity.

No problem - your call.

See my updated responses to others below.   You've been helpful in making some good points.

rainbow4jd

I just want to say "thanks again" for all the replies to my naive question!

While we will agree to disagree on some things - it makes sense that reproductions need to be disclosed as reproductions, so that a potential buyer knows which hard parts and paper parts are original and not original.   This way all potential for even a perception of "fraud" is eliminated.   

So, even though my photos will clearly show the restoration of the car - you can bet when I do a walk around of my car with a prospective buyer, I'll be pointing out..... "I replaced the trunk floor and that's a replacement jack" and "here in my scrap book, you can see the partial original build sheet and on the opposite page what it would have looked like IF it was complete".

Now, I'm sure some folks still won't like the fact that I'm even contemplating replicating the original build sheet, but as I said - "we are going to disagree".

Anyway, thanks again for all your replies.   

I'll do my best to make it to Cleveland next year (even though my car may not be finished) and again with a finished car maybe the year after (or 2013).

I look forward to putting faces with names and admiring all the "Winged Warriors".

PS  If anyone wants to continue this thread - I'll monitor it for replies, but in my mind - I pretty much know what I want to do, and how to do it without worrying about "fraud".

thanks again.

rnjump

I took a $7500 hit from some faked docs and a stamped engine. I blame myself for my mistake as I was a novice and in a bit of a hurry to do the deal and get home. The previous owner was as uninformed as I. I found out later who did all the forgery. He has a reputation in the Chevy world as a crook. I sold it for what it really is,a clone. I say don't do the fake docs, because of what will happen later. Every car out there will eventually be sold.

FJ5WING

I have said my views on the reproduction documents.......I can now pray I never cross paths with anything you have come in contact with.

Have a great life! :2thumbs:
wingless now, but still around.

rainbow4jd

Quote from: FJ5WING on August 13, 2010, 08:37:13 AM
I have said my views on the reproduction documents.......I can now pray I never cross paths with anything you have come in contact with.

Have a great life! :2thumbs:

Its been great so far and getting better. :cheers: