News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

why is this clone up to $150000

Started by BigBlockSam, August 08, 2010, 11:12:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

mauve66

it will have a non-paying buyer in the end and get relisted.................
or maybe their buddies are racheting up the price for them.....................
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Ghoste

Or they have gold bars in the trunk but only a couple of bidders know about it.

mikepmcs

shill bidding going on.  I would say gauging the market but I think seller's buddy's aggressive shill game might make it foggy for the seller to get the real idea on what it would sell for.

if you look at the bidders you can figure out the 2-3 bidders it appears that are helping the seller outout.  :Twocents:

nice car though.  what should it really sell for?
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

ACUDANUT

Yea, there is a couple of people helping him bid it up.  I bet he really never actually sells. :Twocents:
If he does, I bet the high bidder does not PAY.   :Twocents:

Topher

Maybe he'll sell it and buy a better camera  :whistling:
Topher

67 Charger 383-4spd "the Dawg"

www.headlightmotorman.com

Dans 68

On the bid history it went from $40K to $150K by a bidder with no history...go figure.  :rotz:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

b5blue

No I think it must be the "6 POINT ROOL BAR" listed in the description, really rare item.   :lol:

F6Bee

Shill bidding, what else is there to say on a cobbled racecar worth 30-40k tops.

moparstuart

satelite and not that well done of one   :Twocents:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

BPTRacing

Love it!  :yesnod:

More street than race, sits up a little higher in the back than I would put it, but overall, appears to be a nicely done clone/pro street toy.

Guess I won't be painting mine Lime Green. I have to try to stay original and stick with Plum Crazy (lime light was my 2nd choice for mine).  :coolgleamA:

I like the idea of the electric vacuum pump to operate the head light motors. The trunk deck supports are a nice touch since the wheel tubs eliminated the factory springs and hinge mount.  :2thumbs:

I would have to agree that $150,000 sounds high - I hope to have less than 1/2 that in mine even, with a full chassis and turbos.

Selling all my current toys to build a Twin Turbo Superbird clone "street" car.

hotrod98

I guess time will tell if this one really sold for big bucks. Personally, I don't see someone spending that kind of money on a clone when there are some pretty nice real six packs birds for sale for less money.
It's great seeing all of the Superbird clones out there though. Nathan picked up the Superbird clone project that I sold him today and is taking it back to Montana. He has promised to join the group here and allow us to follow along with the build once he gets started. I have every confidence that he will build a nice bird.
Just to motivate him a little I took him out for an evening drive in the Black Ice bird last night once it had cooled down. It's been over 100 here every day for the last few weeks.
I think he enjoyed the drive. He had never ridden in a bird before.
Heck, it hasn't been all that long since I took my first drive in a bird. I love it.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

hemi68charger

Quote from: hotrod98 on August 09, 2010, 12:24:57 AM
I guess time will tell if this one really sold for big bucks. Personally, I don't see someone spending that kind of money on a clone when there are some pretty nice real six packs birds for sale for less money.

Shoot, I can't even get any interest in my Daytona for the bidded-price........ Something must be wrong with my ad.. :shruggy:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

qwick68

I like the crooked exhaust and the fact that the bottom is covered in undercoat, nice touches.......
68 Charger LL-1 Turquoise

Dave Kanofsky

I'd drive it!!

I think the stance is perfect.  Now the price...quite a bit north of what I would expect.
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

wingcar

I can't believe that with all the work that was put into turning it into a Superbird....they didn't replace the Satelite dash with a Road Runner dash........ :shruggy:
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

moparstuart

Quote from: wingcar on August 09, 2010, 09:43:14 AM
I can't believe that with all the work that was put into turning it into a Superbird....they didn't replace the Satelite dash with a Road Runner dash........ :shruggy:
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: , and the horrible seats and shifter and steerig wheel  , they neglected the interior completely
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE