News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Getting things started on the Charger 500...

Started by hemi68charger, August 06, 2010, 07:13:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Hey gang..
Well, things are selling and I'm a buyin' (my extra stuff I've accumulated over the past 30 years).. Here are my fuel tank, sending unit and straps that arrived today. Pretty good deal at $240. All I need now is the neck seal and tank pad.. Either it'll go into the Daytona if I keep it (it's for sale in an attempt to get another one if things work out) or straight into the C500.. I've got the proper C500 4618S on the Daytona now and a 4618SA for the Daytona I'll rebuild soon.. Got throttle "stuff" squared away (proper throttle cable, return spring, spring bracket) along with the new fuel line and vapor separator. I also have the h-pipe hooked up to the manifolds now, thus one step closer to firing it up. Oh yeah, got a hold of a pair of tip hanger brackets... The Northeast weather took its toll on the originals....   I have a saginaw power steering pump with cooler........

DB,,,,
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

69_500

So what are you selling Troy? I'm doubting it would be anything I am looking for considering the two cars you have use the same parts I could use. It was worth a shot though right?

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69_500 on August 06, 2010, 08:46:45 PM
So what are you selling Troy? I'm doubting it would be anything I am looking for considering the two cars you have use the same parts I could use. It was worth a shot though right?

I have a factory luggage rack on a near-prefect decklid.. Maybe you can get it to fit your C500's decklid?  :icon_smile_big:

Ok, I'll stop being a smarty-pants......... To be honest, most the stuff I have is from the '71's days.......... Not too many 2nd generation stuff.......... PM if you're looking for anything in particular.... Maybe I can help find it.........

Troy

Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

69_500

Well Troy my want list is very long, but then again right now so is my $$$$$ pile. Because as of yesterday we made an offer on a new house and until we sell the one we are in we are going to be looking at making 2 house payments each month. So until that situation passes I'll be an innocent bystander on all for sale ads.

doctor4766

Troy what are those brackets?
I have a pair somewhere but am unsure of their application.
Thanks
Paul
Gotta love a '69

hemi68charger

Quote from: doctor4766 on August 08, 2010, 03:55:15 AM
Thanks
Paul

Those are the brackets that attach to the rear frame rails. They provide the mounting points for the exhaust tip hangers.

Troy
Troy

doctor4766

Gotta love a '69

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: hemi68charger on August 08, 2010, 04:34:00 AM
Quote from: doctor4766 on August 08, 2010, 03:55:15 AM
Thanks
Paul

Those are the brackets that attach to the rear frame rails. They provide the mounting points for the exhaust tip hangers.

Troy

......and the bottom bolt on the bumperette....and it was also where a shop would have placed one of those big air over hydraulic jacks.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Mopar John

Troy,
Good luck on the 500 project and hope to see it in Talladega 2014!
Mopar John

RAC95054

Good luck with your new toy, Troy!  I hope the resto goes well.  Be sure to keep us update with detailed pics!  -Russ
Play: Work that you enjoy doing for nothing.   -Evan Esar

hemi68charger

Quote from: RAC95054 on August 11, 2010, 05:50:32 PM
Good luck with your new toy, Troy!  I hope the resto goes well.  Be sure to keep us update with detailed pics!  -Russ

Sure thing.. I'm slowly gathering parts here and there to get it started up.. Just fixed the wiring harness in the engine compartment a few days ago. It has some terminal ends that needed to be addressed and a new fusible link installed. Now, I need a set of OEM black wires to spark the new plugs... I've bough a new carb kit for the 4618SA carb I have to go on the Daytona. I'll take the 4618S on the Daytona now and put it on the C500 where it belongs.

Quote from: Mopar John on August 10, 2010, 07:14:01 PM
Troy,
Good luck on the 500 project and hope to see it in Talladega 2014!
Mopar John

Maybe if I hit the mother-load, I'll take both the Daytona and 500.. That would be cool........
Troy

Highbanked Hauler

Troy, I wonder if that 4618 carb is the one used on an automatics as the one on my car is a 4617.  Did Dana have the same  # carb?
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

hemi68charger

Quote from: Highbanked Hauler on August 17, 2010, 07:04:06 PM
Troy, I wonder if that 4618 carb is the one used on an automatics as the one on my car is a 4617.  Did Dana have the same  # carb?

Al,
The 4617 is the 4-speed version, throughout the production model year... The 4618S would be for the 500's whereas the 4618SA would be for the Daytonas...

Troy
Troy

Highbanked Hauler

Maybe if I hit the mother-load, I'll take both the Daytona and 500.. That would be cool........

I hope to make it in 14 with  the 500 or the clone if I get it done in time :cheers:
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser