News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

smooth 440

Started by ionracer24, August 22, 2010, 08:56:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ionracer24

ok, so i got a 440 and here's whats stamped on the pad

4 T 440 t

7  8

so what do i have???
Real race cars have three pedals......

captnsim

Truck block made in Trenton on July 8th 1974

ionracer24

thank u very much captn,  there's not a difference between car and truck blocks is there???

ionracer24

Ghoste

stripedelete

Quote from: Ghoste on August 23, 2010, 05:48:32 AM
No difference.

So why did they designate it as a truck block?

ionracer24

Quote from: stripedelete on August 23, 2010, 02:46:19 AM
Quote from: Ghoste on August 23, 2010, 05:48:32 AM
No difference.

So why did they designate it as a truck block?

Good question... so the 74 blocks are the thicker ones correct????

bricklayer

Ghoste

No thicker and no higher nickel either as far as I know.  I realize there ate a lot of myths floating around about that but to my knowledge any tests that anyone has done in the aftermarket haven't born them out.  I think 440source have a lot of better block info on their site.

ionracer24

Quote from: Ghoste on August 23, 2010, 08:15:04 PM
No thicker and no higher nickel either as far as I know.  I realize there ate a lot of myths floating around about that but to my knowledge any tests that anyone has done in the aftermarket haven't born them out.  I think 440source have a lot of better block info on their site.

thanx Ghoste,  i was thinkin that i read somewhere that 75 and later blocks had thinner cyl walls or something.....

Sixt8Chrgr

Quote from: ionracer24 on August 23, 2010, 09:26:33 PM

thanx Ghoste,  i was thinkin that i read somewhere that 75 and later blocks had thinner cyl walls or something.....

Read the info on the 440 site about blocks. It is a great read, and you will be surprised of their findings.

ionracer24

Quote from: Sixt8Chrgr on August 23, 2010, 09:30:10 PM

Read the info on the 440 site about blocks. It is a great read, and you will be surprised of their findings.

:cheers:  thanx for the input guys, i was also wondering where i can get stock replacement rocker arms and rocker shaft as well as the bolts and keepers??

Cooter

The only difference I've noticed with the "truck" blocks is the Figure * coolaing passages in the deck surface.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

b5blue

Quote from: ionracer24 on August 23, 2010, 10:12:51 PM

:cheers:  thanx for the input guys, i was also wondering where i can get stock replacement rocker arms and rocker shaft as well as the bolts and keepers??
Mancini Racing

ionracer24

Quote from: b5blue on August 24, 2010, 05:27:34 PM
Quote from: ionracer24 on August 23, 2010, 10:12:51 PM

Mancini Racing

thanx blue!!! thats just what i needed!    :cheers: :2thumbs:

b5blue

Got them there too.   :cheers:

ionracer24

how much hp do u think the stock piston rods can hold??