News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Chop Cut Rebuild is doing a 69 charger this season.......

Started by Back N Black, August 27, 2010, 02:40:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belgium R/T -68

What ever happend to the graveyard diggers? Wasn't that a TV show fixing Mopars?
Is it already on air overthere?

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

69bronzeT5

Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on August 27, 2010, 03:15:19 PM
What ever happend to the graveyard diggers? Wasn't that a TV show fixing Mopars?

Per

Graveyard Carz.....they're still trying to get a network to pick them up. Something is apperentley pending though.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Just 6T9 CHGR

I know what kind of & who owns the car they are rebuilding......its a real "special" car   :popcrn:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

MoparManJim

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on August 27, 2010, 05:35:19 PM
Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on August 27, 2010, 03:15:19 PM

Per

Graveyard Carz.....they're still trying to get a network to pick them up. Something is apperentley pending though.

Yea, anything good the network don't want it kinda seems. I hope the show gets pick up though as I for one will watch it as it's my kind of show to be honest.  :yesnod:

Back N Black

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on August 27, 2010, 06:34:43 PM
I know what kind of & who owns the car they are rebuilding......its a real "special" car   :popcrn:

Ok we need more info...... :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:

BrianShaughnessy

Yeah...  I was discussing T5 cars with him at the Nats the other week.   :2thumbs:

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

375instroke

"Special Car?"  That exact brochure car--Special.  A T5 Hemi car--OK.  That's special.  A '69 Charger--Still special.

resq302

Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

XS29J8

Tell us more Chris............is it the actual car in the brochure.........a 69 HEMI XP car? Is it the one with a lot of 68 items installed and produced very early? What is the build date and are they going to restore it as it was when photographed in the summer of 68?    :scratchchin:

:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:

Steve
HEMI 68 CHARGER R/T- 4-SPEED- 3.54 DANA- PP1 RED- BLACK VINYL TOP- PEARL WHITE UPHOLSTERY-STRIPE DELETE- AM 8 TRACK- NON CONSOLE- DRIVEN YEAR ROUND IN SOUTHWEST FLORIDA http://900z1.multiply.com/  http://kawasaki-z-classik.com/index.php  https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AmY22PaMZ1H3dFczVWR2ZlJaX1BvTDFIVUdUZVlseWc&hl=en&authkey=CPi1hp8J#gid=0

Just 6T9 CHGR

I dont want to spoil the surprise......I can tell you its not the brochure car but real close to it in MANY ways
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

moparstuart

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on September 01, 2010, 03:54:04 PM
I dont want to spoil the surprise......I can tell you its not the brochure car but real close to it in MANY ways
there is a small article  on page 12 of the brand new mopar enthusiast , its shafi keislers car .

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

JoeyGowdy

Quote from: XS29J8 on September 01, 2010, 07:35:12 AMTell us more Chris............is it the actual car in the brochure.........a 69 HEMI XP car? Is it the one with a lot of 68 items installed and produced very early? What is the build date and are they going to restore it as it was when photographed in the summer of 68?

They should have used this early 69 (has 68 parts):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OR6KMor_9HU

:shruggy:
Sincerely, Joey Paul Gowdy

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: JoeyGowdy on September 01, 2010, 07:36:39 PM
Quote from: XS29J8 on September 01, 2010, 07:35:12 AMTell us more Chris............is it the actual car in the brochure.........a 69 HEMI XP car? Is it the one with a lot of 68 items installed and produced very early? What is the build date and are they going to restore it as it was when photographed in the summer of 68?

Let me guess.... your definition of "early 69" &  "68 parts" means that you are referring to the hacked in 68 rear side markers?  :slap:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

bill440rt

All I can say is, I would hope that for a '69 Charger of that importance it will be give a proper restoration. That means, EXACTLY the way it left the factory.
I hope that for CCR and Keisler, they take that into account & do the right thing. Leave the customizing and O/D transmissions to models of less importance.

:Twocents:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

69bronzeT5

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on September 01, 2010, 08:50:08 PM
Quote from: JoeyGowdy on September 01, 2010, 07:36:39 PM

Let me guess.... your definition of "early 69" &  "68 parts" means that you are referring to the hacked in 68 rear side markers?  :slap:

Ahh.....another plug by Mr. Joey Gowdy himself ::)

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: moparstuart on September 01, 2010, 04:03:47 PM
there is a small article  on page 12 of the brand new mopar enthusiast , its shafi keislers car .

Heres the link.....a nice little shout-out for the Registry as well :cheers:

http://editions.amospublishing.com/MPRE/default.aspx?d=20101001
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

moparstuart

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on September 02, 2010, 05:34:07 AM
Quote from: moparstuart on September 01, 2010, 04:03:47 PM

Heres the link.....a nice little shout-out for the Registry as well :cheers:

http://editions.amospublishing.com/MPRE/default.aspx?d=20101001
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Vainglory, Esq.

Quote from: bill440rt on September 01, 2010, 09:56:26 PM
All I can say is, I would hope that for a '69 Charger of that importance it will be give a proper restoration. That means, EXACTLY the way it left the factory.
I hope that for CCR and Keisler, they take that into account & do the right thing. Leave the customizing and O/D transmissions to models of less importance.

:iagree:

BrianShaughnessy

Prepare to be disappointed.   :Twocents:

I don't think it'll be as wacky a build as the Cuda but he did and continues to learn a lot from the Cuda.  But the focus of his build is as a technology showcase for his and other sponsors products. 
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

472 R/T SE

That's too bad.  I don't normally say anything in regards to how someone restores their ride but if there was one car that deserved to be brought back to it's fresh from the factory look, it's this one.   :rotz:

I guess there weren't any base model '69 Chargers for sale that could use some vendor support AMD metal?   :Twocents: :Twocents:

69bronzeT5

Nice......from the article....

"The changes made during our coverage will almost all be reversible to OEM status with the car being restored with some modern upgrades, since it will likely never be a numbers matching vehicle."

::)

I thought someone had the original brochure car? Chris, you say it's not the actual brochure car but in that article and in their ad in the new Mopar action, they keep saying this is "most likely" THE car. In that article they stated "The mystery of it being the brochure car could not be confirmed beyond all doubt, but honest money, this is it". In the Mopar Action ad, the car is already covered in nice fresh AMD metal......

bill440rt

Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on September 02, 2010, 05:27:11 PM

I don't think it'll be as wacky a build as the Cuda but he did and continues to learn a lot from the Cuda.  But the focus of his build is as a technology showcase for his and other sponsors products. 

That was my hunch, too. According to the article, there will be some "upgrades" that can easily be returned to stock. That can be interpreted in many ways.
The article goes on to imply that it's already a non-matching numbers car, so who cares?  :shruggy:    That is a disgrace, IMHO. This car deserves to be brought back to dead-stock, original condition. No questions asked.

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on September 02, 2010, 06:09:41 PM
That's too bad.  I don't normally say anything in regards to how someone restores their ride but if there was one car that deserved to be brought back to it's fresh from the factory look, it's this one.   :rotz:

I guess there weren't any base model '69 Chargers for sale that could use some vendor support AMD metal?   :Twocents: :Twocents:

My thoughts exactly. Surely there is someone on here that has a strippo 318 Charger that would make a perfect candidate to showcase his & other sponsors' products. Maybe I have one I could lend....  :D
There is simply no reason to customize or modify that particular vehicle.
OK, rant off.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

bill440rt

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on September 02, 2010, 09:34:10 PM
Nice......from the article....

"The changes made during our coverage will almost all be reversible to OEM status with the car being restored with some modern upgrades, since it will likely never be a numbers matching vehicle."

::)

The key word in that statement is "almost".  :rotz:

MoparManJim

Quote from: bill440rt on September 02, 2010, 09:36:33 PM
Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on September 02, 2010, 05:27:11 PM

That was my hunch, too. According to the article, there will be some "upgrades" that can easily be returned to stock. That can be interpreted in many ways.
The article goes on to imply that it's already a non-matching numbers car, so who cares?  :shruggy:    That is a disgrace, IMHO. This car deserves to be brought back to dead-stock, original condition. No questions asked.

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on September 02, 2010, 06:09:41 PM
That's too bad.  I don't normally say anything in regards to how someone restores their ride but if there was one car that deserved to be brought back to it's fresh from the factory look, it's this one.   :rotz:

I guess there weren't any base model '69 Chargers for sale that could use some vendor support AMD metal?   :Twocents: :Twocents:

My thoughts exactly. Surely there is someone on here that has a strippo 318 Charger that would make a perfect candidate to showcase his & other sponsors' products. Maybe I have one I could lend....  :D
There is simply no reason to customize or modify that particular vehicle.
OK, rant off.

:iagree: I agree with what was said.