News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Chop Cut Rebuild is doing a 69 charger this season.......

Started by Back N Black, August 27, 2010, 02:40:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

472 R/T SE

It's crazy, you know when it comes time to sell it they'll pimp it's rarity.  I would venture to guess the work/customization done will be at the end of the description if mentioned at all.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on September 02, 2010, 09:34:10 PM
Nice......from the article....

"The changes made during our coverage will almost all be reversible to OEM status with the car being restored with some modern upgrades, since it will likely never be a numbers matching vehicle."

::)

I thought someone had the original brochure car? Chris, you say it's not the actual brochure car but in that article and in their ad in the new Mopar action, they keep saying this is "most likely" THE car. In that article they stated "The mystery of it being the brochure car could not be confirmed beyond all doubt, but honest money, this is it". In the Mopar Action ad, the car is already covered in nice fresh AMD metal......

VIN #/SPD is too high for it to be a pre production car.....bbbuuuttt.....could the factory have never officially assigned this car a VIN # till after all its promo work was done?  :scratchchin:

No one will ever know as there is no fender tag nor Broadcast sheet :rotz:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

ChargerSG

Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

UH60L

I have to agree with the majority of posters here, if this is THAT car, it really needs to be a "back to factory specs" restoration.

I am very lucky in that my charger was a 318 car that got changed, repainted, basically turned into a mutt.  Thus I don't feel bad about making it an R/T clone, because there is no chance of it ever being a numbers matching original car again.  My car's engine got swapped out more than 20 years ago.

But that car, even if it wouldn't be numbers matching, should be built as close to original as possible.  Maybe they will keep the upgrades to a minimum like a modern stereo hidden under the driver's seat or 4 way power disk breaks, small stuff that could be undone.

I hope it doesn't get the full "overhaulin" treatment.   :o  :'(  :eek2: (shudders in epileptic style contractions at the thought of "huge" foose wheels!!)

KWS

I know all about this car. As a matter of fact, they approached me about building the car for me. At one point it was going to be built for John Schneider. I don't know why he backed out, but for me I figured that car should be restored back to original with a date coded block and that's not what they wanted to do.  

Im all for customizing, and I do like the stuff Keisler and all the other companies are doing to support and enhance our hobby but if i was gonna build a car with trick afterrmarket stuff, Id use a base model not such a rare car like this. There's a ton of 318 chargers laying around, that's what the Xtreme Lee was.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Kenny, love to have your Charger in the registry.....was it originally a '69?
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

XS29J8

I see the members sentiment sides on saving a piece of History as it was born. Maybe a boycott on the items being upgraded and possibly not reversible as I read it, needs to be thought about.............if the TV show gets enough mail, maybe they'll change directions! I'm not much on the 69 Charger unless it has a General Lee 01,  wing, or flat back window, but I am an advocate of not butchering an iconic car such as this!

:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:

Steve
HEMI 68 CHARGER R/T- 4-SPEED- 3.54 DANA- PP1 RED- BLACK VINYL TOP- PEARL WHITE UPHOLSTERY-STRIPE DELETE- AM 8 TRACK- NON CONSOLE- DRIVEN YEAR ROUND IN SOUTHWEST FLORIDA http://900z1.multiply.com/  http://kawasaki-z-classik.com/index.php  https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AmY22PaMZ1H3dFczVWR2ZlJaX1BvTDFIVUdUZVlseWc&hl=en&authkey=CPi1hp8J#gid=0

moparstuart

Quote from: KWS on September 03, 2010, 05:10:27 PM
I know all about this car. As a matter of fact, they approached me about building the car for me. At one point it was going to be built for John Schneider. I don't know why he backed out, but for me I figured that car should be restored back to original with a date coded block and that's not what they wanted to do.  

Im all for customizing, and I do like the stuff Keisler and all the other companies are doing to support and enhance our hobby but if i was gonna build a car with trick afterrmarket stuff, Id use a base model not such a rare car like this. There's a ton of 318 chargers laying around, that's what the Xtreme Lee was.

:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

69bronzeT5

I have a 318 '69 Charger they can load up with their products :D
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

69bronzeT5

Quote from: XS29J8 on September 03, 2010, 05:47:56 PM
I see the members sentiment sides on saving a piece of History as it was born. Maybe a boycott on the items being upgraded and possibly not reversible as I read it, needs to be thought about.............if the TV show gets enough mail, maybe they'll change directions! I'm not much on the 69 Charger unless it has a General Lee 01,  wing, or flat back window, but I am an advocate of not butchering an iconic car such as this!

Steve

I emailed the show and spoke my opinion about how they should restore it to OE status. I got a reply from Dan Woods himself....here's what he said.

Hi Cody,

Thanks for contacting Chop Cut Rebuild. I appreciate the time you've taken to write in.

Keeping the car 100 percent OE, was an option we discussed at length prior to undertaking the restoration. It was pointed out that very little of the original car would remain when it's complete. The original engine, transmission, and differential were all gone and extensive amounts of sheet metal would need replacing. What is of real value on this car is the VIN number. That said, what upgrades we are making are all "bolt-on" and if the next owner wishes, they can easily convert the car to OE specs.

Thanks again for writing and watching.

Best Regards,
Dan Woods
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

MoparManJim

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on September 03, 2010, 10:55:46 PM
Quote from: XS29J8 on September 03, 2010, 05:47:56 PM

Steve

I emailed the show and spoke my opinion about how they should restore it to OE status. I got a reply from Dan Woods himself....here's what he said.

Hi Cody,

Thanks for contacting Chop Cut Rebuild. I appreciate the time you've taken to write in.

Keeping the car 100 percent OE, was an option we discussed at length prior to undertaking the restoration. It was pointed out that very little of the original car would remain when it's complete. The original engine, transmission, and differential were all gone and extensive amounts of sheet metal would need replacing. What is of real value on this car is the VIN number. That said, what upgrades we are making are all "bolt-on" and if the next owner wishes, they can easily convert the car to OE specs.

Thanks again for writing and watching.

Best Regards,
Dan Woods

Then what the heck worth is it building it now if they are not going to do the job correct!? :shruggy: . I though the restore part was to put it back to OE specs not to customize it.. why should another owner if there is one have the option to do that when they are doing a rebuild on the dang thing now. 

I agree with Kenny and the others about restoring it back to OE specs even if alot of the car isn't all there anymore. 

Daytona R/T SE

I can't wait to see the final result of this hack job...

It will have to be air bagged on 22's with an injected 502 crate Chevy, a Kiesler Chevy-based overdrive automatic tranny, a

12 bolt POZZY rearend, front suspension straight out of a wrecked S-10, everything in the Classic industries and Year One

catalogs thrown at it, 42 TV monitors, an X box for every passenger and the guy following behind it in traffic,

and a fish bowl built into the aircleaner...

After all...

This show is called :

CHOP

CUT

REMOVE...

....all traces of the original car's history and dignity.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on September 04, 2010, 06:56:04 AM
Im sure it will be tastefully done

Well...  it's not gonna be some abortion according to Shaffi.     But it's definitely going to be a running machine... not a trailer queen.    So instead of it sitting someplace under covers where you can't see it,  much like the Cuda it'll be out in circulation.

Apparently the wheels are going to be customs that mimic the look of the hubcaps somehow...  but that's about all I could say.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

XS29J8

Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on September 04, 2010, 08:09:18 AM

Well...  it's not gonna be some abortion according to Shaffi.     But it's definitely going to be a running machine... not a trailer queen.    So instead of it sitting someplace under covers where you can't see it,  much like the Cuda it'll be out in circulation.

Apparently the wheels are going to be customs that mimic the look of the hubcaps somehow...  but that's about all I could say.

Certain vehicles deserve to be in these "Museums" and known through word of mouth and internet pics. Plenty of 318 cars around to do there cutting on in the world. This is wrong on so many counts........ If Steven Juliano had this attitude where would the Hobby be??? I'm really surprised at Chris matter of factly  :shruggy:  excepting this blasphemy... :RantExplode:

Steve

HEMI 68 CHARGER R/T- 4-SPEED- 3.54 DANA- PP1 RED- BLACK VINYL TOP- PEARL WHITE UPHOLSTERY-STRIPE DELETE- AM 8 TRACK- NON CONSOLE- DRIVEN YEAR ROUND IN SOUTHWEST FLORIDA http://900z1.multiply.com/  http://kawasaki-z-classik.com/index.php  https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AmY22PaMZ1H3dFczVWR2ZlJaX1BvTDFIVUdUZVlseWc&hl=en&authkey=CPi1hp8J#gid=0

BrianShaughnessy

If it means so much to somebody... then they should go maybe put a 2nd mortgage on their house and go buy it and "save it".   :shruggy:      I'm sure it'll be at SEMA coming up soon. 

Otherwise,  let the owner decide how and what gets done to it afterall, they're the ones putting out the cash and putting forth the effort.

There's a lot of future numbers matching trailer queens out there yet for somebody to save.   

I'm just happy that Dan Woods / CCR and Shaffi got together and are putting the Charger together, beats watching an episode of going of screwing together another 69 Camaro Z28 kit.

Yeah,  I'd be happier if they had decided to put together a certain T5 non numbers match 69 R/T and drop it at my house when it was done but....  o well.   :cheers:

Quote from: XS29J8 on September 04, 2010, 08:27:43 AM

Certain vehicles deserve to be in these "Museums" and known through word of mouth and internet pics. Plenty of 318 cars around to do there cutting on in the world. This is wrong on so many counts........ If Steven Juliano had this attitude where would the Hobby be??? I'm really surprised at Chris matter of factly  :shruggy:  excepting this blasphemy... :RantExplode:

Steve

Just 6T9 CHGR

Steve

its a "matter of factly" statement because its just a VIN # with no other "real" documentation to support it.  By this VIN#, the car is a full 3 months into the '69 model year production.

To me, its nothing more than a VIN tag typo...a simple keystroke from an S to a P.

The brochure car was an auto....this car a stick....even had an R/T emblem on the tailpanel.....

Again I say it will be tastefully done.
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

XS29J8

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on September 04, 2010, 10:26:58 AM

Steve

its a "matter of factly" statement because its just a VIN # with no other "real" documentation to support it.  By this VIN#, the car is a full 3 months into the '69 model year production.

To me, its nothing more than a VIN tag typo...a simple keystroke from an S to a P.

The brochure car was an auto....this car a stick....even had an R/T emblem on the tailpanel.....

Again I say it will be tastefully done.

Yet it has the apparent good wishes of Galen and will be promoted as THE car. I also feel that all of the first 69 HEMI Charger J codes were to be made as Charger 500s thus the reason to build this under the Racing divisions radar as an XP code which would probably have given the reason for a much later VIN.........just food for thought....
I don't see the 68 dash in this one either, just don't like the car being promoted as something it isn't or if it is it should be held in higher esteem.

:cheers:

Steve

375instroke

Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on September 04, 2010, 09:50:01 AM
If it means so much to somebody... then they should go maybe put a 2nd mortgage on their house and go buy it and "save it".   :shruggy:      I'm sure it'll be at SEMA coming up soon. 

Otherwise,  let the owner decide how and what gets done to it afterall, they're the ones putting out the cash and putting forth the effort.
We can't save them all, but since this is for publicity, it's the wrong type since they are pissing off their customers.

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: 375instroke on September 07, 2010, 06:08:46 PM
Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on September 04, 2010, 09:50:01 AM

We can't save them all, but since this is for publicity, it's the wrong type since they are pissing off their customers.

I am a Keisler customer...  I'm not pissed.  Are you? 

tan top

:scratchchin:   ,  any detailed pictures anywhere before they start cutting ! i wonder  :scratchchin:

:popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: tan top on September 07, 2010, 06:50:14 PM
:scratchchin:   ,  any detailed pictures anywhere before they start cutting ! i wonder  :scratchchin:

Nothing too detailed yet...   this was off Keisler news email a few weeks back.

375instroke

I guess I don't know what to think.  Things that bother me are using a 9" when an 8-3/4 or Dana 60 are just as good.  Another is a Viper motor or new Hemi when a 426 is way cooler.  Being different just to be different doesn't make sense to me, especially when you buy stuff out of a catalog to do it.  If it's an original Hemi car, it should at least get a 426 or stroker Hemi.

tan top

Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on September 07, 2010, 07:45:53 PM
Quote from: tan top on September 07, 2010, 06:50:14 PM

Nothing too detailed yet...   this was off Keisler news email a few weeks back.

:cheers: thanks Brian  :2thumbs:   , never thought to look on their web site
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

autodynamics

i say cut the crap out of it.....and i might even make that baby a convertible ....whatever they do...I'm OK with it......some cars are not meant to be resurrected......