News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Holley Street Dominator intake - '79 440 R/V

Started by 71bee, August 28, 2010, 09:50:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

71bee

Question:

I am wanting to replace the stock 440 intake manifold with a Holley Street Dominator in my '79 motorhome. I am not familiar with the Holley intake. I know that single plane intakes don't do so well @ low RPM's, but have heard that the Dominator is an exception(?) also, I plan to use the OEM Thermo-quad & divorced style choke. is this a bad idea?

Any help/suggestions is GREATLY appreciated!  ;)

flyinlow

What kinda ET's are you looking for on the RV   :smilielol:

The Eddy performer might be a better intake for a low rpm tork monster.

I have a SD and it gives up some low end compaired to the Performer RPM In the Charger. At least according to the old buttmeter.

71bee

Thanks for the reply. I'm lookin' to finally get into the mid to low 32 second 1/4 mile times.  :D

I had a leaky EGR valve on the motorhomes stock intake manifold. after much frustration with the block off plate I made (leaking), i'm lookin' to just find a good intake for the ol' beast. I snagged the Holley street dominator for a real good price thinking it was a dual plane. have you tried this intake before?

flyinlow

I have both the Street Dominator and the performer RPM .  The SD seams to give up some low end ,but pulls harder at the top end. I run a thermoquad  with the SD , that may be part of the difference. Its is suppose to be one of the better single plane intakes for the street. I have a mild 446 with Eddy heads.

elacruze

1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

71bee

Appreciate the input guys. I have always been a fan of the Eddy intakes. just couldn't pass up the price of the SD. suddenly, i'm thinkin' it might be a better idea to just keep my eyes out for a good ol' Eddy Performer & re-sell the Holley.