DodgeCharger.com Forum
July 04, 2015, 06:10:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please remember: this is the place to discuss Chargers - NOT the place to discuss politics. Political posts will be locked or deleted at the Moderator's discretion.

Home   Help Calendar Login Register Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Holley Street Dominator intake - '79 440 R/V  (Read 1498 times)
71bee

Mopar: Mans ONLY Performance Auto Racer!

« on: August 28, 2010, 08:50:09 AM »

Question:

I am wanting to replace the stock 440 intake manifold with a Holley Street Dominator in my '79 motorhome. I am not familiar with the Holley intake. I know that single plane intakes don't do so well @ low RPM's, but have heard that the Dominator is an exception(?) also, I plan to use the OEM Thermo-quad & divorced style choke. is this a bad idea?

Any help/suggestions is GREATLY appreciated!  Wink

flyinlow
Old Timer

Ohio

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2010, 05:42:27 PM »

What kinda ET's are you looking for on the RV   smilielol

The Eddy performer might be a better intake for a low rpm tork monster.

I have a SD and it gives up some low end compaired to the Performer RPM In the Charger. At least according to the old buttmeter.
71bee

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2010, 10:42:44 PM »

Thanks for the reply. I'm lookin' to finally get into the mid to low 32 second 1/4 mile times.  Cheesy

I had a leaky EGR valve on the motorhomes stock intake manifold. after much frustration with the block off plate I made (leaking), i'm lookin' to just find a good intake for the ol' beast. I snagged the Holley street dominator for a real good price thinking it was a dual plane. have you tried this intake before?

flyinlow
Old Timer

Ohio

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 02:33:38 AM »

I have both the Street Dominator and the performer RPM .  The SD seams to give up some low end ,but pulls harder at the top end. I run a thermoquad  with the SD , that may be part of the difference. Its is suppose to be one of the better single plane intakes for the street. I have a mild 446 with Eddy heads.
elacruze
Old Timer

Jensen Beach, FL

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2010, 07:19:14 AM »

I'd trade the Holley for an Edelbrock CH4B.
 Twocents

1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.
71bee

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2010, 11:41:11 AM »

Appreciate the input guys. I have always been a fan of the Eddy intakes. just couldn't pass up the price of the SD. suddenly, i'm thinkin' it might be a better idea to just keep my eyes out for a good ol' Eddy Performer & re-sell the Holley.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: