News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

what the hell is going on???

Started by BIRD67, August 28, 2010, 09:43:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BIRD67

predetonation!? holy shit I hope that isn't the case, we run her, but not that hard!
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign. -Number 6, The Prisoner

R.I.P. Matthew Fraser 4/30/10

chargergirl

Only time I ever threw white smoke out the tailpipe...blown head gasket.
Trust your Woobie!

Tilar

Yeah but the "steam coming from the breather" statement makes me think he has more than just a blown head gasket, I'm betting on a cracked head also.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

mauve66

thats a big piston bore to have 320 ounces of water in it
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

BIRD67

Yeah I guess it's a well iszed bore.. its the factory pontiac 326 block that had been bored .030 before, then we had it rebuild and did an .040 overbore.. got word back from the garage.. the heads are fine, it was only the headgasket, he told us to either get a new transmission with more gears, or don't run it on the highway..
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign. -Number 6, The Prisoner

TylerCharger69

White smoke coming from the exhaust?    Coolant getting in the combustion chamber.....Time for a resurface and new head gaskets.....And....your oil probably resembles chocolate milk so youll need to flush that engine out too.

TylerCharger69

I'm curious as to what method they used to determine your heads are fine???

ACUDANUT

If he is paying a shop to do the work, the burden is on them.  :Twocents:

BIRD67

She's all fixed now.. it was in risk of detonation because the timing was advanced 45 degrees from what it should have been, the car was tuned with full vaccum from the carb previously, so we retarded the timing 26 degrees and she seems happy with 16 degreed top dead center timing..

TylerCharger69

BIRD67

the heads are fine, no cracks at all.. the car is now running better than it ever has!

greenpigs

Quote from: BIRD67 on August 29, 2010, 08:52:49 PM
As for the 2 speed, yeah it's going, a turbo 350 would be nice, same dimensions as the 2 speed but a 200R4 like what they used in the Buick Grand National's is what is in the works.. 4 speed automatic with overdrive, the only question is now, do we get a reverse manual valvebody or keep it stock?

So you still doing this swap?
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

BIRD67

Possibly in the near future, we kinda ran out of funds for now...