News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Taillights and Blinkers

Started by Xtreme Machines, August 31, 2010, 04:15:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xtreme Machines

Maybe you guys can help me, when I turn on the left blinker, both flash, when I turn on the right blinker, both flash in the rear. The front blinkers work fine just the rear.
And it quits all flashing when I mash the brake pedal to.
Things I have done:
1. Replaced both flashers.
2. Changed turn signal cancel cam.
3. Unpluged flasher switch.

Thanks

Charger RT

off the top of my head i would guess you have a bad ground in the rear lights and the turn signals are backfeeding throught the parking lights. What happens when the parking lighs are on and you turn on the turn signals?
Tim

Nacho-RT74

just to refresh... what year are we talking about ? brake lights works diff from 70s than 69 and earliers. On earliers you can smash brake pedal and rear blinkers on hazzard function will convert on brake lights. On lates the brakes won't work on hazzard function ( thats what I analized couple of years ago after study the wiring diagram )

My thoughts...

turning switch damaged, not just the cam. An is in relation with brake light source... OOOOR

white wire what is the source to brakes throught steering column switch is feeding directly the rear blinkers wires without the turning switch intermision... IN ONE WORD, steering column switch is JUMPED somehow to make the brakes work for some reason. Maybe an earlier fix when missed the brake lights

Rear blinker wires are brown and dark green, they are BOTH brake lights too when hitting brakes. through steering column switch. If both are linked to the white wire to make the brake light work, the turning lights will be spliced together on both sides due the white wire splice with them

what is pretty much weird is as far what I have in mind right now, the front blinker you have selected should also stay on when hitting brakes... CHECK FOR THAT... JUST the selected side.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html