News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Best Sending Until 69 3/8" ???

Started by y3chargerrt, September 05, 2010, 10:50:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

y3chargerrt

I need a new sending unit.My charger is a 69 440 with 3/8" fuel and 1/4" return. My gauge started acting up at Carlisle. I ohmed out the the unit and its reading 80 ohms even though I have 3/4 of a take.I think the floats sunk. I think the company is Vans(??) that Performance Car Graphics recommends. I talked to them at carlisle but don't have their contact info handy. I want to make sure I get one that will read correctly. So my question is where do I buy my new sending unit from? Thanks

John_Kunkel

If you think the float is sunk why buy a sender, just replace the float.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

y3chargerrt

I have thought about that John. I never liked the unit I have because my gauge never reads about 3/4 when full.I was hoping to get one that was more accurate.

Back N Black

The new ones are not accurate, they are a pain in the butt just to get it to read somewhat correct.  :brickwall:

Manifold

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,72903.0.html

I bought one of these and had no problems. Reads full to empty. Though, it is stainless steel which wasn't original (if that's a problem for you).

y3chargerrt

Thanks for the tip. I pmed him for payment info. I like the fact its stainless!

69rtse4spd

Y3chargerrt, let us know how the new sending unit works out for you. :popcrn:.

y3chargerrt

Will do I just payed for it..$50.00 and Jeff pays the shipping..I'm very happy so far!