News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Canadian Daytona SE ?

Started by 65post, December 23, 2005, 01:08:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

65post

Back in the late 70`s early 80`s in an indoor car show at Place Bonaventure in down town Montreal there was a bright yellow with black int. daytona SE at that show.I was a teenager then and it was the first wing car I ever saw.I remember looking at the car and thinking the body work and paint was really bad..Never saw it again .I never got any pics of it.Anyone remember seeing this one?
Previously owned Daytona XX29L9B423239 - f8 - white int. - power windows.

THE CHARGER PUNK

i know of a darker green daytona se with black interior. crappy paint job , so maybe it was one time yellow,(it is a candian car so maybe,  imean this car is justa beater had its nose stolen and its rusty but stil driven)-MATT

69_500

I think that there is a Y2 yellow Daytona SE that has always been native to Canada. I am not at my house right now, but I think someone sent me a picture of it a few years back. I know they sent the fender tag info to me, and it was an SE Daytona.

nascarxx29

Most canadian daytona serial vehicle numbers tend to start off in the 414***.From what Ive seen.I can think of a a green canada SE daytona but not remembering a Y2 yellow one .And another SE daytona a guy I know got from canada .Was a former cars in barns under the cover in the backyard daytona it was red or orange
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Beep Beep Dave

I have the R4 red Daytona SE on my website:
http://www.mapleleafmopars.homestead.com/carsinbarns14.html
It was on ebay a few years ago from BC, I think it ended up selling for under $30k!
If you guys have any other pics of the Canadian Daytonas please send them to me!!!
liftoffregistry@hotmail.com

Dave
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

nascarxx29

Hi Beep Beep Dave that Canada daytona was up for grabs awhile back for $10K
That canada daytona that looks pinkish purple missing body parts.Was offered to me by Gi Couture in Canada while back for $10K US.believe it did go to ohio as earlier mentioned .In the hands of a Doug C   if Im not mistaken in Ohio.I got more pictures of it if you need thanks for mentioning me on the dealer super bee letter I sent you some time back .Seen it on your site
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Ghoste

On a somewhat related note, any of you wing car fans know of a copper colored 4 speed Daytona that was originally in the southwestern part of Ontario?  Last I heard the car was in London.

65post

Quote from: Ghoste on December 27, 2005, 12:06:04 PM
On a somewhat related note, any of you wing car fans know of a copper colored 4 speed Daytona that was originally in the southwestern part of Ontario?   Last I heard the car was in London.
I went to look at this car in Montreal shortly after I sold mine.Car was really rough.I told a guy named Pete who was I think out of London at that time and he came down and bought it .I heard later that it was gioing to get rebodied but don`t know if it ever happened.The last I heard he sold it to someone in the states.

Beep Beep Dave

Quote from: nascarxx29 on December 27, 2005, 10:45:36 AM
Hi Beep Beep Dave that Canada daytona was up for grabs awhile back for $10K
That canada daytona that looks pinkish purple missing body parts.Was offered to me by Gi Couture in Canada while back for $10K US.believe it did go to ohio as earlier mentioned .In the hands of a Doug C   if Im not mistaken in Ohio.I got more pictures of it if you need thanks for mentioning me on the dealer super bee letter I sent you some time back .Seen it on your site

Yes that is the car! I would love to have more pics of it!!! If you get a chance send them to me at liftoffregistry@hotmail.com
And thanks for sending that Sper Bee letter! It was very cool!

Dave

1970 Charger R/T

Beep Beep Dave

Quote from: Ghoste on December 27, 2005, 12:06:04 PM
On a somewhat related note, any of you wing car fans know of a copper colored 4 speed Daytona that was originally in the southwestern part of Ontario?   Last I heard the car was in London.

There was a t5 copper with tan interior 4-speed Daytona for sale in London Ont around 1986. I still have the auto trader ad and remember quite a few of the details as I went to look at it! It go sold and I remember seeing it once about 8 or 9 years later at Cayuga...it had a set of Pro-Stars on it. I wouldn't mind hearing where that one was now too!!!
BTW it was for sale for $13,500 back in 1986...there was also a 71 Hemi Runner there for $29k...it belonged to Ronnie Hawkins....or so we were told!

Dave   

1970 Charger R/T

Ghoste

A friend of mine tried hard to buy the car I am talking about in the early 80's.  It was rough and sat outside a bodyshop in Leamington.  It was sold new in either Leamington or Windsor and a guy at the bodyshop was living with the daughter of the original owner.  My buddy offered him 12 grand for the car, which in 1981 was a LOT of money for an old Daytona.  Guy wouldn't sell it(we only found out later he couldn't because it was actually his common-laws fathers car).
After he sold it, he used to go around telling everyone it was an original Six Pack car.  Had quite an argument with him once when I embarassed him in front of some people by pointing out that they never made any.
Still would like to know where the car went.

Beep Beep Dave

Maybe the same car....the one I seen had fibreglass front fenders....the guy selling it said they all came that way, without the screens. That started a little discussion!!!
It was at a bodyshop too Charterhouse or something similiar in London, guy said the car just sold before we got there but he'd sell it to us for $500 more  :icon_smile_shock:
Car also had hood pins, a few floor patches, a trailer hitch and a fairly nice interior. I didn't know too much about fender tags and body stampings back then as I was just a punk kid in high school.
Was the car you were thinking about a 4-speed car too? Do you know the VIN?

Dave

1970 Charger R/T

Ghoste

Back then I wasn't into vins and fender tags.  It was just another cool old Mopar.  It was definitely a copper 4 speed car with tan interior and it went to London so it must be the same car.  The timeline is right.  I don't recall the trailer hitch or hood pins but it was a long time ago.  Like I said, the car was rough when we used to know about it so the glass fenders don't surprise me.  Either bodyshop could have thrown those on there.

Beep Beep Dave

I will look for the ad and post it a bit later.
Was it really rough when you seen it? I don't recall it being all that bad...

Dave

1970 Charger R/T

Ghoste

Man, that's just so long ago.  I remember a lot of gray primer on it and some holes in the rear panels.  Nothing major, but the car was only 12 years old at the time and had clearly been winter driven.  The interior was in good shape but really dusty and had a lot of junk piled in it.  My memory may recall the car as being worse than it actually was because of the outrageous offer my buddy made on it.  I'm sure the floors weren't too bad. 
It wasn't too long after that it did sell and that was when we found out it didn't belong to the guy who was driving it.

Blakcharger440

Quote from: Beep Beep Dave on December 24, 2005, 09:08:42 AM
It was on ebay a few years ago from BC, I think it ended up selling for under $30k!
If you guys have any other pics of the Canadian Daytonas please send them to me!!!

Dave

Hey Beep,Beep do you know what ever happened to that Daytona? I saw it on cars in barns a long time ago and always wondered where it went.

Beep Beep Dave

Quote from: Blakcharger440 on December 27, 2005, 06:38:37 PM
Quote from: Beep Beep Dave on December 24, 2005, 09:08:42 AM

Dave

Hey Beep,Beep do you know what ever happened to that Daytona? I saw it on cars in barns a long time ago and always wondered where it went.

I think it ended up in Ontario and got then got traded for a white Daytona red gut and stripe! I have no idea where it is now???

Dave

1970 Charger R/T

65post

Heres a couple DCs from Mopar Fest a few years back.

Beep Beep Dave

Here's the pic out of the auto trader of the copper Daytona...$13k those were the days!!!

Dave

1970 Charger R/T

Beep Beep Dave

Quote from: 65post on December 27, 2005, 11:30:40 PM

Do you have any more pics of those 2??? Especially the car on the right.

Dave

1970 Charger R/T

Beep Beep Dave

This looks like the copper Daytona we we talking about:

Last I heard of it it was located in Guelph Ontario and the newspaper article indicates it was bought out of there a few years ago!
Too sad!!!

Dave 

1970 Charger R/T

Ghoste

Okay, I just   want to be sure here because the car I am talking about was purchased new locally and was well known in the immediate area Mopar community at one time.   The car that burned is the car from Guelph that came from London that came from here?   It is the 440 4 speed car that I am talking about?   Or are we discussing two different copper colored Canadian Daytona's?

PocketThunder

"Car collector broken heated over garage fire"

"But his dream was to own a 1969 Dodge Charger Daytona like the one on the television show Dukes of Hazzard."

Close, but no cigar.....
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Ghoste

That's likely just reporter context.   The guy probably said he liked 69 Chargers since DOH and that was good enough for the reporter who was more into getting the tragedy angle of the guys personal anguish than relaying anything factual.

65post

Quote from: Beep Beep Dave on December 28, 2005, 09:56:32 AM
Quote from: 65post on December 27, 2005, 11:30:40 PM

Do you have any more pics of those 2??? Especially the car on the right.

Dave
Here is another shot of the two.I took these pics in 91 I believe.The black one is a regular at mopar fest. It left the factory F8.

Brock Samson

What a great difference in the stances of those two.
more pics!

65post

I think the copper - tan  one from Quebec that went to Ontario is L9B414635.The 2 pics are a canadian export car up for auction at B-J

65post

Quote from: 69_500 on December 23, 2005, 05:37:05 PM
I think that there is a Y2 yellow Daytona SE that has always been native to Canada. I am not at my house right now, but I think someone sent me a picture of it a few years back. I know they sent the fender tag info to me, and it was an SE Daytona.
The daytona I saw was not Y2. it looked  like curious yellow. It looked like it would glow in the dark .I am sure it was not the original color.

Daytona Guy

Was it this bright of a yellow? I would love to find that car "65post".

65post

Quote from: Daytona Guy on December 29, 2005, 01:11:28 PM
Was it this bright of a yellow? I would love to find that car "69 500".

That looks like the same color.I think the one in Montreal had no rear stripe.It was all yellow.

69Charger500

There is a T5 Copper Metallic Daytona in the Chrysler Museum in Auburn Hills (in the basement).  Don't recall if it was a 4-Speed...

Here it is:

Moparmatty

Daytona in the WPC museum is 400564

The DR.'s car is an SE but I have never seen the car so I don't know the colour.  414619

The Black car above is 414630. Original F6 car.

Copper car is 414631.  440 4spd.  Tan interior.  Was owned by Wellington Motors in Guelph, ON (Chrysler Dealer) until sometime last year.  I believe a collector in Cornwall, ON bought it.  It was forsale in Hemmings last year.  Was kind of cool walking in the front door of the dealership last summer seeing a Daytona in the showroom.
Matt Tebbutt
Ontario, Canada

daytonalo

DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHAT THIS COLOR IS !   LARRY

65post

Would 414630 have belonged to a Dave Resnik from Ont?I talked to him a few years ago and he had an F6 one that was missing the nose cone.Is it still in Ont?

daytonalo

DANE , IS THAT YOUR CAR . WHAT  EXACTLY IS THAT COLOR . BASE CLEAR? WHAT SYSTEM ? LARRY

Moparmatty

Quote from: 65post on March 20, 2006, 09:39:45 PM
Would 414630 have belonged to a Dave Resnik from Ont?I talked to him a few years ago and he had an F6 one that was missing the nose cone.Is it still in Ont?

I believe the car you are talking about is 414624.  We were just talking about that car on Saturday.  It has some kind of snake skin roof on it and is an F6 car if I remember correctly. 

414630 has been owned by the same guy since the late 70's.
Matt Tebbutt
Ontario, Canada

Beep Beep Dave

414630 has been owned by the same guy since the late 70's.
Was originally a F8 car not F6.

How much were they asking for the Daytona at Wellington's?

Dave

1970 Charger R/T

Moparmatty

When 414631/Burnt car was at Wellington Motors I think they were asking $90K USD Dave.  But don't quote me on that.

Matt Tebbutt
Ontario, Canada

Beep Beep Dave

Quote from: Moparmatty on March 31, 2006, 11:23:20 PM
When 414631/Burnt car was at Wellington Motors I think they were asking $90K USD Dave.  But don't quote me on that.

Thanks I don't remember hearing about it even being there, I would have liked to have gone to take a peek at it!!!

Dave

1970 Charger R/T