News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Moog Idler Arm

Started by 1970bbdodge, August 09, 2005, 08:04:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1970bbdodge

I'm putting my front end back together after a rebuild.        I'm replacing the Idler Arm with a Moog part.
It came with a thick washer which the directions enclosed stated to use on the smaller end of the bushing
(bottom) where it attaches to the k-frame.

The arm I took off had no washers on it.        The problem I'm running in to is the bushing end of the arm is a pretty tight fit into the K-frame bracket.     There is no way this thick washer will fit between the bottom
end of the bushing and the bracket.

Is this a special hardened washer ?      Can I use a thinner washer from the hardware store ?     Or,   leave it off and not worry about it ?

Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks.

:musik010:

Chryco Psycho

if it is tight vetically in the K frame leave the washer out

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on August 10, 2005, 01:37:55 AM
if it is tight vetically in the K frame leave the washer out
:iagree: Sometimes those are made to fit more than one application, so the washer may need to be used when installing that same part on other cars.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

1970bbdodge

Thanks Chryco and Charger_Fan.     

I am curious if anyone else had the same issue with aftermarket Idler Arms.

Hope to get everything back together this weekend.

Just 6T9 CHGR

I left the washer out as well.......
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

1970bbdodge

Thanks to all that replied.

Got the idler arm in last night along with the tie rod and the right side center link .
Will be working on the pitman arm and lf side steering tomorrow.